Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Default SouthparkStudios.com WTF?

Alright, so in years/months past you could watch recent episodes (as in just aired the day or two before recent), however when accessing SouthParkStudios.com you can't view any single episode this entire season, and maybe I'm trippin' but I swear just two weeks ago I could download episode 2 just a couple days after it originally aired. So what gives?

According to the episode description, it has something to do with the goth kids, and typically anything that has anything to do with the goth kids is comedy gold. So, I'm a bit disappointed. Will it air again tonight? If not, does anyone know when it will air again next? Thanks. Much appreciated.

On a separate note, how do you guys feel about Season 17? The show is obviously well past its prime, but its still highly entertaining. It seems the past 5-7 seasons SP has been a very mixed bag of some excellent episodes followed by questionable ones. Maybe it's been that way even longer. All I know is it's one of my favorite shows regardless of how shitty it their shit gets. Matt & Trey may be losing their mojo consistently with each passing season, but I think I'll always be a fan.

If there's only say 4, classic or superb episodes in a single season, compared to the remaining 10 or so being pure shit, then I'm OK with that. Not happy, but OK; it's worth it. If I have to watch some bullshit, and then some more bullshit ... if it means finding the LOL rainbow eventually - then I'm game. It's worth it.

Love Live Life

Default Re: SouthparkStudios.com WTF?

I didn't think people still watched South Park

The episode didn't air last night cuz apparently there was a power outage or something at SP Studios I heard. That probably has something to do with the site issues too.

As far as season 17, I've given my opinions about the newer episodes of the show like a dozen times, but basically at this point I watch it just because its South Park, just like I still watch Simpsons just because it's Simpsons and I wanna enjoy the shows while we still have new ones coming out

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I didn't think people still watched South Park
    Come on now... you know SP be the shit, still. People still watching the Simpsons, right? That show got played so damn long ago, but people still watch it. Still has a stout following. Enough to have production year-after-year. Southpark, same thing.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Simpsons is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, though.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
    Come on now... you know SP be the shit, still. People still watching the Simpsons, right? That show got played so damn long ago, but people still watch it. Still has a stout following. Enough to have production year-after-year. Southpark, same thing.
    I thought a few years ago they was gonna cancel The Simpsons and South Park.

I haven't watched the Simpson or South Park since high school.

Banned

south park actually has had some really good episodes in the last few seasons, not immature type jokes as much but solid comedy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    south park actually has had some really good episodes in the last few seasons, not immature type jokes as much but solid comedy
    This. Their quality episodes are as good as ever, those just don't hit as frequently anymore. It used to be that 90% of the episodes were great, and then 10% of them were so-so. Now, it is like 40% are great, 50% are so-so, and 10% are head scratchers. But those 40% are worth tuning in every week. Kind of like me and SNL. SNL only has a skit or 2 a night that were really worth watching, but I still sit through that hour and a half anticipating that next big laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Something I've noticed is that SP ALWAYS has at least three or four classics at a minimum each season. I'll openly admit the rest is lame or filler material, but like I said before, IMO, it's worth it.

I prefer quality over quantity, but if it takes some bullshit to get to the good shit, then hell, get'r-dun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    The episode didn't air last night cuz apparently there was a power outage or something at SP Studios I heard. That probably has something to do with the site issues too.

As far as season 17, I've given my opinions about the newer episodes of the show like a dozen times, but basically at this point I watch it just because its South Park, just like I still watch Simpsons just because it's Simpsons and I wanna enjoy the shows while we still have new ones coming out
    South Park isn't as good as it used to be, but the Simpsons just fell off a cliff. It's been unwatchable for close to a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    South Park isn't as good as it used to be, but the Simpsons just fell off a cliff. It's been unwatchable for close to a decade now.
    This. Simpsons went from brilliant to horrid trash. It's completely unwatchable and has been for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

Southpark blows current Simpsons out of the water, how is this even a comparison? Southpark is still a great show, Simpsons has been done for years

Banned

From the blackout.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

What do you want to bet that they will now make an episode about a black out? These guys draw material from everything, so I'm guessing an upcoming episode will be about this.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Ironically the same amount of time that Family Guy's been around (Fam Guy started around Simpsons 10th season, aka the season where a lotta people say it fell off)

I've always said Family Guy is the worst thing that ever happened to the Simpsons, because when FG got popular, Simpsons for some reason decided they needed to keep up with them by completely switching their style from legit storylines and character development with humor sprinkled in, to outrageous gags, unnecessary pop culture references, random humor that has nothing to do with the plot and resorting the side characters to randomly popping up to make a quick joke then disappearing again while Homer went from lovable moron to loud, obnoxious douche. In other words, Simpsons slowly started trying to turn itself into Family Guy to keep up with the times and its ruined the show. EVERY scene is a joke now. Every piece of dialogue is a joke now. EVERY interaction is setting up a punchline now. There's no heart left.

These two critiques basically sum up how I feel about it now

[QUOTE] Jim Schembri of the The Sydney Morning Herald called the show "a cultural touchstone for at least two