Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Is curry going to get the max?

He is still paid like $12m next year but the year after he will be 29 and looking for the big pay day. I don't think he gets the max if he gets injured next year because he is not that athletic to begin with and yes athleticism helps jump shots the most. Quickness and speed helps get u to ur spots faster..shoot faster...endurance lets you run around screens all night etc. will be interesting to see the offers he gets but gsw might give him one for his hard work done befor hand aka Gilbert arenas

Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

stop

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

meltdown

Maybe he will, but sure he shouldnt. Draymond Green is being paid $82m/5yrs and Klay Thompson has $70m/4yrs contract. Curry is older than them both, and hes already declining. In 1-2 years he will be worse player than Green and Thompson, so he definitely shouldnt. I am not the Warriors GM, but my common sense tells me its unwise to overpay a declining player.

Earlier in the season I said we'll look back at Curry in years to come and say "Man, that was a good 1.5 seasons he had"

See how she goes...

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Maybe he will, but sure he shouldnt. Draymond Green is being paid $82m/5yrs and Klay Thompson has $70m/4yrs contract. Curry is older than them both, and hes already declining. In 1-2 years he will be worse player than Green and Thompson, so he definitely shouldnt. I am not the Warriors GM, but my common sense tells me its unwise to overpay a declining player.

Already declining?? Where the **** do you idiots come from???? Curry just had one of the best regular seasons in league history. He had highs and lows in the playoffs this year but to say he is declining is just dumb. Draymond is the engine of the team but curry is the accelerator. Meaning these warriors team goes NOWHERE without him.

Hate to scapegoat someone but barnes played like shit. I say let him walk and try and get someone like a ariza. Just someone who can defend and hit a shot. Dude just lost his soul. Smh. Sad to think he was a "prodigy" at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    Already declining?? Where the **** do you idiots come from???? Curry just had one of the best regular seasons in league history. He had highs and lows in the playoffs this year but to say he is declining is just dumb. Draymond is the engine of the team but curry is the accelerator. Meaning these warriors team goes NOWHERE without him.

Hate to scapegoat someone but barnes played like shit. I say let him walk and try and get someone like a ariza. Just someone who can defend and hit a shot. Dude just lost his soul. Smh. Sad to think he was a "prodigy" at one point.
    Well there was a thread saying Curry peaked in OKC, and now that you look at it, its actually correct. Curry's atrocious performance in NBA Finals is the signal of his decline, he will be free-falling starting from now. I think Curry may be paid on an average of $18m-20m/yr, but no more than that. He doesnt deserve max, hes holding his team back.

Local High School Star

Well it's never smart to give a lanky declining 29/30yr old point guard a max. When curry athleticism falls he is going to fall off the moon let alone a cliff. If u thought he can shoot like this without athleticism then Ray Allen should be getting the max right now. If you think currys defence is bad now..wait till his athleticism is gone then your going to think Love and Kanter are DPOY material. If you think curry can shoot the way he does when he can't dance on people anymore then your reaching harder than Kobe on that sixth.

Likely scenario
    29 year old after next year
    and debilitating career injuries...history with ankle and knee. He is prob gonna need surgery after finals again!
    Declining athletically
    Does not provide intangibles e.g hustle, shot blocking, perimeter lockdown defence, scrappy rebounding, enforced etc

Basically he will be paid by gsw only for what he did during the mvp years ala Gilbert Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Basically he will be paid by gsw only for what he did during the mvp years ala Gilbert Arenas
    I like the Gilbert Arenas comparison, its really close. The difference is that the Warriors as a team are way better than the Wizards.

Local High School Star

P.S curry has been exposed defensively in the playoffs...imagine what he will be like when he has lost a step (shudders). It's gonna be a chore just to hide this guy defensively in any playoff matchup in the future

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Well it's never smart to give a lanky declining 29/30yr old point guard a max. When curry athleticism falls he is going to fall off the moon let alone a cliff. If u thought he can shoot like this without athleticism then Ray Allen should be getting the max right now. If you think currys defence is bad now..wait till his athleticism is gone then your going to think Love and Kanter are DPOY material. If you think curry can shoot the way he does when he can't dance on people anymore then your reaching harder than Kobe on that sixth.

Likely scenario
    29 year old after next year
    and debilitating career injuries...history with ankle and knee. He is prob gonna need surgery after finals again!
    Declining athletically
    Does not provide intangibles e.g hustle, shot blocking, perimeter lockdown defence, scrappy rebounding, enforced etc

Athleticism has NOTHING to do with currys game. I didnt know hoisting 3s from halfcourt was considered athletic.Lmao but Ok.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    Athleticism has NOTHING to do with currys game. I didnt know hoisting 3s from halfcourt was considered athletic.Lmao but Ok.
    Have you ever balled man? Your ignorant comments show that you have never played competitively so you don't know what a real 5 on 5 is like so couch warrior I shall educate you! Currys game is 85% athleticism and endurance. His quickness and speed to run blitz plays, run V cuts, PnR, and just running running and more dancing is all athleticism. If he was a step slower, he would never get open even off double screens. You see curry shoot but what do u think he is doing when he is not shooting? That's right, playing to get open and getting open is all athleticism and speed. Ray Allen, reg Miller can still shoot lights out but with age and decline of athleticism, they can not get loose and open no more. Basketball, especially for stars, is all athleticism. Just ask Kobe aka clutch shooter why his 15000 moves can't help from becoming the most inefficient in the league

Enjoy ur lesson son.
    Last edited by retaxis; 06-20-2016 at 06:29 AM.

with your track record, it'll be whatever the opposite of what you said.

Local High School Star

He will

Steph "Gilbert Arenas" curry.

He deserves a max over his career but just didn't get the max at the right time in his career.

Seriously?
    He's the second best player in the game and was the best last year.
    If he stays top 3-5, he's getting a max for 5 years.