Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
highwhey
que miras puto
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,029
Default Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

itís a bold claim to make only 2 episodes in, but both episodes have been amazing and far superior to Game of Thrones. The ending of episode 2 was so fcking well done it legit was scary.

HBO with another great show.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #2
kennethgriffen
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ISH Legend since 2009
Posts: 9,524
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

the trailer looks pretty good. but no way in hell is it better than game of thrones


and i don't have a clue why everyones upset with this season. so it didn't go the way you hopes. oh well


its still the highest production value i've ever seen for a tv show. this seasons been like a 100 million dollar budget movie every single week. its insane how spoiled people have become
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #3
highwhey
que miras puto
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,029
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
the trailer looks pretty good. but no way in hell is it better than game of thrones


and i don't have a clue why everyones upset with this season. so it didn't go the way you hopes. oh well


its still the highest production value i've ever seen for a tv show. this seasons been like a 100 million dollar budget movie every single week. its insane how spoiled people have become
acting wise it's better than game of thrones. story is better than season 8 of game of thrones too.

if you want to talk about production or let's be honest, pure action, sure, game of thrones has better action scenes than Chernobyl. hell, game of thrones has better action scenes than the wire and sopranos, but it's not a better show.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
kennethgriffen
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ISH Legend since 2009
Posts: 9,524
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
acting wise it's better than game of thrones. story is better than season 8 of game of thrones too.

if you want to talk about production or let's be honest, pure action, sure, game of thrones has better action scenes than Chernobyl. hell, game of thrones has better action scenes than the wire and sopranos, but it's not a better show.


depends on the target audience. if you're into strictly story structure and don't value big production action scenes then yes theres other shows that are better. but theres a reason game of thrones is breaking records as far as viewership. they have people invested into the characters that are being killed off left and right to wrap up the series and everyones butthurt about it. but if they just ended the show with nothing ever happening and everyone living happily ever after then everyone would be like "wtf i wasted my time watching this" instead of "its bad writing"


its just a rushed final season but still captivating beyond anything else on television. nothing else even comes close really. its on the level of breaking bad for me. everyones talking to their friends after every episode like its the nba finals and their favorite player just won or lost. just because you don't like the show or hate the final season doesn't mean its not the best show on tv right now. theres no other iconic series on this level being aired right now.
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #5
highwhey
que miras puto
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,029
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
depends on the target audience. if you're into strictly story structure and don't value big production action scenes then yes theres other shows that are better. but theres a reason game of thrones is breaking records as far as viewership. they have people invested into the characters that are being killed off left and right to wrap up the series and everyones butthurt about it. but if they just ended the show with nothing ever happening and everyone living happily ever after then everyone would be like "wtf i wasted my time watching this" instead of "its bad writing"


its just a rushed final season but still captivating beyond anything else on television. nothing else even comes close really. its on the level of breaking bad for me. everyones talking to their friends after every episode like its the nba finals and their favorite player just won or lost. just because you don't like the show or hate the final season doesn't mean its not the best show on tv right now. theres no other iconic series on this level being aired right now.
i'm just talking about this season. if you isolate season 8, it's pretty much garbage and the action/production wouldn't save it. the only reason it has a cult-like following is from previously built up success from the previous seasons.

if season 8 were the first season, i would have quit it already.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
Im so nba'd out
Sup Trump Fam
 
Im so nba'd out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,985
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

OP has a good record with shows with me.Im giving it a chance tonight fellas, ill let ya know my thoughts

Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #7
highwhey
que miras puto
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,029
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
OP has a good record with shows with me.Im giving it a chance tonight fellas, ill let ya know my thoughts

episode 1 is kinda slow, but it picks up significantly in episode 2.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:44 AM   #8
coin24
NBA Superstar
 
coin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,255
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
OP has a good record with shows with me.Im giving it a chance tonight fellas, ill let ya know my thoughts



Aren't you the same person ?


I checked them out, was excited to see it since I caught the trailer by chance, not disappointed off to a great start
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:21 AM   #9
kennethgriffen
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ISH Legend since 2009
Posts: 9,524
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i'm just talking about this season. if you isolate season 8, it's pretty much garbage and the action/production wouldn't save it. the only reason it has a cult-like following is from previously built up success from the previous seasons.

if season 8 were the first season, i would have quit it already.


thats a very dumb observation because if you isolated this season then the characters lose all meaning/purpose/value and every decision/death is meaningless


a series is like a really long movie... obviously just the ending on its own wouldn't make sense without the first 80% of the movie to go off of


this season of game of thrones is basically the final battle in return of the king. obviously if lord of the rings was a tv show instead of a movie then an entire season of chaos/fighting/murdering each other/falling to your death would be a shitty story compared to other dramatic series

Last edited by kennethgriffen : 05-16-2019 at 06:25 AM.
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 22,563
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Good show so far. There's no comparison to GOT really since they're totally different genres.

Scary to think how close Chernobyl came to being a much worse catastrophe than it was.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #11
highwhey
que miras puto
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,029
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
thats a very dumb observation because if you isolated this season then the characters lose all meaning/purpose/value and every decision/death is meaningless


a series is like a really long movie... obviously just the ending on its own wouldn't make sense without the first 80% of the movie to go off of


this season of game of thrones is basically the final battle in return of the king. obviously if lord of the rings was a tv show instead of a movie then an entire season of chaos/fighting/murdering each other/falling to your death would be a shitty story compared to other dramatic series
they sh1t the bed this season. it's horrible writing.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #12
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 12,627
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Never watched Game Of Thrones but I always assumed it was targeted at the neckbeard nerds who played Dungeons and Dragons
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #13
Smoke117
Steve the Drunk
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 23,554
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
the trailer looks pretty good. but no way in hell is it better than game of thrones


and i don't have a clue why everyones upset with this season. so it didn't go the way you hopes. oh well


its still the highest production value i've ever seen for a tv show. this seasons been like a 100 million dollar budget movie every single week. its insane how spoiled people have become

A high production budget apparently equals good writing and acting. Run along now, child.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #14
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10,368
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Never watched Game Of Thrones but I always assumed it was targeted at the neckbeard nerds who played Dungeons and Dragons

Naw, Iíll beat the shit out of someone if I see them holding a 20 sided die much less sitting inside a comic book shop playing D&D when itís nice and sunny outside.

ďbut what they do is their own buisness.....Ē

Stfu, they are doing it BECAUSE no one made it their business to show them otherwise and teach them right from wrong.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #15
FKAri
NBA Superstar
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,268
Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

All I knew about Chernobyl going in was that it was an unusual nuclear accident and that it wasn't the typical meltdown scenario. It's been great so far. Dramatic and informative.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy