Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Default how well would durant do playing iso against the warriors with single coverage?

I personally believe he wouldve destroyed. Durant is the absolute best one on one player since prime kobe.

Plus he torched the warriors during his MVP run.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Re: how well would durant do playing iso against the warriors with single coverage?

All things remaining the same. TT beasting on the boards, the great defines they played to hold curry to 1 standout game, neutralizing Klay, etc etc. Durant would have swept the Warriors.. Iggy can't check Durant.. he would have shot in the mid 40s to 48% for the series, thus improving the spacing. Mozgov would have been more effective as well.. He would have had the paint to himself several possessions a game.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Default Re: how well would durant do playing iso against the warriors with single coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    All things remaining the same. TT beasting on the boards, the great defines they played to hold curry to 1 standout game, neutralizing Klay, etc etc. Durant would have swept the Warriors.. Iggy can't check Durant.. he would have shot in the mid 40s to 48% for the series, thus improving the spacing. Mozgov would have been more effective as well.. He would have had the paint to himself several possessions a game.
    i give iggy alot of credit for his defense. but durant has lebrons offensive arsenal multiplied by 10 so yeah. defending a guy who can break ankles and pull up from literally anywhere at that tallness is just hard.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    I personally believe he wouldve destroyed. Durant is the absolute best one on one player since prime kobe.

Plus he torched the warriors during his MVP run.
    this season before he went down in injury, durant scored 30 points against the warriors....at the half.

NBA lottery pick

Who says they don't just double Durant since he's a better offensive player than LeBron? Or just deny him the ball like CP3 did. Put a smaller defender on him who can get up close into his body and deny him the ball and that would give Durant fits. Would be a different story if you said the Thunder, but you're saying replace LeBron with Durant. So just double him. Cavs don't have shit.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

30 points in 18 minutes on a broke foot. Need I say more?

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Who says they don't just double Durant since he's a better offensive player than LeBron? Or just deny him the ball like CP3 did. Put a smaller defender on him who can get up close into his body and deny him the ball and that would give Durant fits. Would be a different story if you said the Thunder, but you're saying replace LeBron with Durant. So just double him. Cavs don't have shit.
    At least Durant could force a double which would improve spacing. Give Durant fits with a pg on him?..you do realize that Durant realized that cp3 was too small to defend him and they made the clippers pay for that senseless strategy right? Hence why doc rivers had to eventually abandon it. That's something you do situationally to take away the dribble of a taller player but the smaller can't truly stop a player that is several inches taller. They'd simply post up or shoot over the top.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

45ppg on good efficiency
    Cavs still lose in 7 though
    Last edited by SyRyanYang; 06-17-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Undefeated

lol, come on man. durants the best scorer on the planet, if not the best scorer ever.

he'd average 40-50 points on 45-55% shooting.

obviously they would never dare let durant go with single coverage all game, but durants ball handling and playmaking would kill the warriors if they doubled him.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Well, if they played him iso (obviously they wouldn't, different game plan for a different skill set), then yeah, he would most likely murder them. The guy has one of the best jumpers of all time. I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 40+ points on 45+%. All around game though, I doubt he would have quite the impact that Bron had.

Overall, it's probably a wash on the results. Don't think he would win with a decimated cast either.