Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Chris Duhon out of the Rotation?

D'Antoni dropped the news last night that Duhon will no longer be the starting PG of the Knicks. He will be replaced by Nate Robinson. He also said Toney Douglas could possibly get in to the rotation in place of Duhon.

Good or bad move? Call it now.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: Chris Duhon out of the Rotation?

I dont want Duhon out the Rotation but his minutes should be trimmed. I dont think N8 or TD can set up the team in the offense consistently enough. N8 has passed the ball much better lately meaning better decisions with the ball when the defense collapses but if he isnt doing that can he set up the offense... not sure about that.

What's sad is Walsh keeps saying he isnt looking to make moves before the deadline.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Yeah I want Duhon out of the rotation. Lets break him down a little bit. Can he play defense? No. Is he a horrible offensive player? Yes Does he play over 30mpg and yet not score 5 points? Yes... The only thing he can do decently is pass and half of the time it's to his but buddy Lee.

Nate atleast can put a basketball through the hoop and can spark the team. He has won us games by himself. When you have Duhon and Jeffries on the court those are 2 players that defenses sag off of although Jeffries has been playing well lately. Duhon isn't part of our future and I do know Douglas is better then Duhon. Duhon brings nothing to the table and he looks like a alien also. Try to trade Duhon for w/e we can get for him.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont want Duhon out the Rotation but his minutes should be trimmed. I dont think N8 or TD can set up the team in the offense consistently enough. N8 has passed the ball much better lately meaning better decisions with the ball when the defense collapses but if he isnt doing that can he set up the offense... not sure about that.

What's sad is Walsh keeps saying he isnt looking to make moves before the deadline.

That's completly different from what I've heard. I've heard from multiple articles that the Knicks, along with the 76ers, are the 2 most active teams in trade talks so far. I've also heard that the Knicks are trying to move Jeffries harder then ever.

Everything I've heard almost guarentees a move before or on dead line day. I say it happens on dead line day.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

In my opinion, this is a good move. Duhon is where he belongs, on the bench. He doesn't even deserve half of what he's getting paid to do for this team. So he should thank his lucky stars. PERIOD
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
In my opinion, this is a good move. Duhon is where he belongs, on the bench. He doesn't even deserve half of what he's getting paid to do for this team. So he should thank his lucky stars. PERIOD

If he had another year on his contract he would be getting teared a part by the fans.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
That's completly different from what I've heard. I've heard from multiple articles that the Knicks, along with the 76ers, are the 2 most active teams in trade talks so far. I've also heard that the Knicks are trying to move Jeffries harder then ever.

Everything I've heard almost guarentees a move before or on dead line day. I say it happens on dead line day.
Reading the paper watching the games Walsh has said basically NO trades... Doesnt mean its true though...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Reading the paper watching the games Walsh has said basically NO trades... Doesnt mean its true though...

Definetly. Many GM's use the 'We are not interested in trading' phrase so that other teams will feel like they have to offer more to have a trade happen. Donnie wants to make a trade, but he's not going to let the other GM's know so more will be offered.

That OR he's saying it so that there is no distraction to the team.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
If he had another year on his contract he would be getting teared a part by the fans.

Yes, we would...but since we have competent management now, that is not a problem. Duhon was purposefully signed, 2 years ago, to just this 2 year deal. That's the sign of our plan being implemented long-term. I'm very happy about it, we all should be.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: