Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Rip Hamilton is a Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Are people still holding onto this "star player" slant after the Finals?
    Well, the Bulls dont have the shooting the Mavs had in the finals. The Mavs also had several players that could create offense (Dirk, Barea, Terry, Kidd). In comparison, the Bulls have one player (Rose) that can regularly create his shot or others shots. I guess Boozer can create his own shot but I don't think he can do so consistently.

The Bulls will win a ton or regular season games. However, due offensive limitations, I just dont see them winning a title.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Who did the Heat beat in the playoffs?
    I don't get it. What does what miami did last year have to do with this year?

But ill bite. They beat, philly, boston and chicago

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I don't get it. What does what miami did last year have to do with this year?

But ill bite. They beat, philly, boston and chicago
    They beat Chicago...so Chicago was Rip Hamilton away from beating them in a series? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    If Miami starts Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Anthony then they'll have Battier, Jones, Miller and Haslem coming off the bench. That's not great, but it's not horrible like last season. The Bulls will have Korver, Gibson, Brewer and Asik. That's better, but not remarkably so.
    Your right. With haslem, miller, battier, they're pretty solid. They still need a big and a backup PG

Quote Originally Posted by NUPE_1911
    Well, the Bulls dont have the shooting the Mavs had in the finals. The Mavs also had several players that could create offense (Dirk, Barea, Terry, Kidd). In comparison, the Bulls have one player (Rose) that can regularly create his shot or others shots. I guess Boozer can create his own shot but I don't think he can do so consistently.

The Bulls will win a ton or regular season games. However, due offensive limitations, I just dont see them winning a title.
    We might not have a lot of creators but we have a lot of good passers like Noah, Boozer, Brewer, Deng.

We won 62 games and went to the WCF with a 4 point scorer in the starting lineup I don't know how he will upgrade the team but we're better with his shot making ability I'll tell you that.

And it's not like we can't still upgrade more.

They beat Chicago...so Chicago was Rip Hamilton away from beating them in a series? Ok
    Not a RIP Hamilton away but some more maturing (are two anchors on O and D are young), some more gelling, some more time for Thibs and crew to create some better plays, etc, etc.

Local High School Star IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar

good pick up for chicago. damn

I say that in a sense that as kurosaw stated, the general understanding on how to play the bulls is to make someone else besides rose beat you. Which leaves players open. Hamilton has proven he's capable of hitting that open shot. Korver could too, but not vs miami cuz his defense is so bad. And the effort he must expend defending wade or james, has an adverse effect on his shot

Miami was 2 games from winning the whole thing. Aquiring Battier made them even more tougher on the perimeter defensively. I just dont see a dropoff roster wise from Miami this year vs last. And while Chicago as a team can gel, grow, mature etc etc. You cant deny Miami after 1 season together would do the same as a unit. Good luck in a series vs Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    We might not have a lot of creators but we have a lot of good passers like Noah, Boozer, Brewer, Deng.

We won 62 games and went to the WCF with a 4 point scorer in the starting lineup I don't know how he will upgrade the team but we're better with his shot making ability I'll tell you that.

And it's not like we can't still upgrade more.
    The Bulls have a good team but the lack of creators will hurt them. Noah is a good passer but can't create his shot and won't demand a double team. Therefore, his passing skills have a very minimal impact on the game. I don't agree that Brewer, Deng and Boozer are good passers.

The Bulls play great D and Rose is borderline unstoppable. They will be a tough out in a 7 game series. However, just like last year, the lack of scoring will hurt them.

Miami was 2 games from winning the whole thing. Aquiring Battier made them even more tougher on the perimeter defensively. I just dont see a dropoff roster wise from Miami this year vs last. And while Chicago as a team can gel, grow, mature etc etc. You cant deny Miami after 1 season together would do the same as a unit. Good luck in a series vs Miami.
    Battier?!?!?

I know the lock out has been rough but your crazy.

Also, teams in the East are getting better and better and better. This includes the Knick's and Heat, primarily. The Bulls need to improve their roster and adding an aged RIP is not going to be enough. He is very similar to Korver except that he has a better mid-range shot.

Quote Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20
    Battier?!?!?

I know the lock out has been rough but your crazy.
    Battier is a very good role player, defender, shooter, high iq. It was a good signing.

Battier is a very good role player, defender, shooter, high iq. It was a good signing.
    He doesn't put Miami over the top, at all.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Also, teams in the East are getting better and better and better. This includes the Knick's and Heat, primarily. The Bulls need to improve their roster and adding an aged RIP is not going to be enough. He is very similar to Korver except that he has a better mid-range shot.
    I was ready to buy into the Knicks, but I can't. Not with Mike Bibby running the point. Miami had LeBron and a great defensive system to hide him. New York has none of that. Rose and Rondo will kill them.