Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Blasphemy. Orlando shoulda been had that #1 retired.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva

He was the 16th pick a ton of talent still and we are 2 weeks into the season. Your overreacting.
    He has a mental/health issue that will prevent him from doing his job. It looks like a big waste of a pick since none of this was exactly a secret to Houston.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Just looking at how talented he is when he plays the game, this definitely isn't a waste of a pick.

Roll the dice on a 16th pick? You have a 18th pick anyway so whatever....it's very likely they didn't really want anyone else available at that point.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Blasphemy. Orlando shoulda been had that #1 retired.
    Perhaps so.

I love both players, but T-Mac swagged it out even further.

That #1 on the Orlando pinstripe may be the most pimpinest jersey ever.

if they're just going to send him to D-League, why not just leave him in Houston during away games and just play him during home games? at least he gets to play 50% of the time as opposed to 0%
    Last edited by I<3NBA; 11-14-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    He has a mental/health issue that will prevent him from doing his job. It looks like a big waste of a pick since none of this was exactly a secret to Houston.
    Exactly. A mental health issue that is known certainly isn't a waste. If it wasn't known it would be more of a waste. 16th picks are rarely more than role players anyway. If White can get help he can be much more than just a role player.
    Last edited by CLTHornets4eva; 11-14-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Am I the only person who thinks this is stupid?

If you can play in front of 30,000 people and get dunked on/blocked which is way "scarier" flying first class drunk on a plane should be literally nothing.

In everything, there is sacrifice. If you want to play in the league, shut the **** up and get on the plane.

Why would Orlando retire Penny's jersey?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ScalabrineStan
    Am I the only person who thinks this is stupid?

If you can play in front of 30,000 people and get dunked on/blocked which is way "scarier" flying first class drunk on a plane should be literally nothing.

In everything, there is sacrifice. If you want to play in the league, shut the **** up and get on the plane.
    You don't know anything about him or how it feels though..

Just like people have phobias. they arent scared of other things... but they just cant get over their phobia.

I rule the local playground

At this point the issue isn't really about his anxiety, it's about his lack of professionalism. Dude is on a twitter rampage now.

He is coming off very badly...and it's not because of Houston; it's my take.

Which is not to say he shouldn't get help from the organization or isn't trying.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Royce White needs to find a new line of work. I don't care how callous it sounds. There's a difference between having an anxiety disorder and just being a narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    he needs to go play in a small country where you dont have to fly to travel.

maybe go play in greece
    how would he get there

While I respect his difficulties, it's just not smart to deal with this from a management perspective.

He's just not cut out for the NBA life, despite his superb basketball skills.

I've said this before but as an anxiety disorder sufferer I know what he's going through from that standpoint. I've routed for him but also kind of thought that the odds are definitely very much against him and as such i'd be surprised for him to make it in the long term. I think at the end of the day it's not the Rockets fault, he just bit off more than he could chew and it's overwhelming for him. At the end of the day, yes we all want and desire equal opportunities but it's in the job description. If I can't walk, I would complain about my employer if I apply for a job as a professional runner. I'm sorry but i'm losing my sympathy for him a little bit. I do hope he gets better but somethings gotta give.