Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #46
nba_on_nbc
I brick open layups

nba_on_nbc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jordan is an ahole

Why would he give the guy an autograph when the first thing he'd do is probably sell it on ebay.

And giving autographs to only 2-3 people out of 500 is worse than not giving it at all. I"d be mad if I were there and he only gave it to a couple guys.
nba_on_nbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #47
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_on_nbc
Why would he give the guy an autograph when the first thing he'd do is probably sell it on ebay.

And giving autographs to only 2-3 people out of 500 is worse than not giving it at all. I"d be mad if I were there and he only gave it to a couple guys.
not when its a 5 year old kid. Rules are different then. He can sign it for the 1 kid and be done with it. I doubt he would sell it on ebay.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #48
nba_on_nbc
I brick open layups

nba_on_nbc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
not when its a 5 year old kid. Rules are different then. He can sign it for the 1 kid and be done with it. I doubt he would sell it on ebay.

Well, I know a lot of people send their kids to celebrities to ask for autographs since it's harder to turn kids down. Then they take it and sell it for lots of money.

I don't like that. I'd be pissed if I were a celebrity and understood someone was using his/her kid for that.

Hard to know the real intentions of people.
nba_on_nbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #49
nottheone
I hit open layups

nottheone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Give him a break dude..being a celebrity or superstar isn't easy.
this is such a common misconception. celebs and superstars have the same problems regular people do, but with added inconveniences of being recognized, and, often, hounded wherever you go. wow. tough life. i'll just go take a bath in my millions of dollars. dont like the publicity? dont like being a star? quit then. the fact is this is the life theyve chosen and trading off being recognized and annoyed everywhere you go for ridiculous amounts of wealth and prosperity aint bad.
nottheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #50
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_on_nbc
Well, I know a lot of people send their kids to celebrities to ask for autographs since it's harder to turn kids down. Then they take it and sell it for lots of money.

I don't like that. I'd be pissed if I were a celebrity and understood someone was using his/her kid for that.

Hard to know the real intentions of people.

Who cares if they sell his signature for a few bucks?

So it's acceptable for Michael Jordan to make MILLIONS off kids (or even adults) buying his overpriced sneakers, jerseys, video games, shirts, hoodies, etc.......but once they sell his autograph (probably to help pay bills), then it becomes a problem?

That makes perfect sense.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:11 PM   #51
DTD
Good High School Starter

DTD has decent reputationDTD has decent reputation

Both the hypocrisy, and the absence of "certain" posters in this thread is glaring.
DTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #52
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Who cares if they sell his signature for a few bucks?

So it's acceptable for Michael Jordan to make MILLIONS off kids (or even adults) buying his overpriced sneakers, jerseys, video games, shirts, hoodies, etc.......but once they sell his autograph (probably to help pay bills), then it becomes a problem?

That makes perfect sense.
You are the standard by which all trolls are measured.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #53
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
You are the standard by which all trolls are measured.

WTF are you talking about? You've been following me from thread to thread the past 24 hours with your irrelevant opinions.

Kindly remove yourself from my nuts. :
Old 07-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #54
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I think I read somewhere that Jordan has a contract or so with upperdeck to not give out his autograph so easily. Doing so, he depreciates the value of the cards he signed for them and puts him in a legal bind.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #55
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I think I read somewhere that Jordan has a contract or so with upperdeck to not give out his autograph so easily. Doing so, he depreciates the value of the cards he signed for them and puts him in a legal bind.

I'm pretty sure this applies to Jordan Jerseys and maybe "Air Jordan" shoes only.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #56
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Kobe woulda signed an autograph or two:

Kobe woulda signed the autograph, then demanded it back, then 5 minutes later signed it again for the kid.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #57
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
WTF are you talking about? You've been following me from thread to thread the past 24 hours with your irrelevant opinions.

Kindly remove yourself from my nuts. :
I'm trying to stop you from trolling. It's unbearable. You make other Kobe fans look really really bad.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #58
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

My position - when a celeb is making a public appearance - like a celeb golf tournament, red carpet awards - where they are dressed and preppeed and we all know they are going to be there - they are now acting as "celebs", and likely being compensated insome form or another for it, and as such should make reasonable accomodations for autographs.

However, when a celeb is doing their own thing - on the street, watching a ballgame, eating at a restuarant, at the super-market, they must be left alone.

Now there are of course some grey areas. MJ at a celeb gold tournamnet - sign the autographs, MJ at the post-tournament party, sign, or MJ at post-tournmanet parking lot - ehhh leave him alone. MJ at dinner, leave him alone, MJ at dinner at a hot new restaurant making a big deal out of its celeb clientele, gotta sign.

Jerry Seinfeld at a Met game should be left alone (his seats are a bit back and amongst the common folk). Random Celeb in the front row of a Knick game - only there because there is a movie coming out - is fair game. Spike Lee is sort of a tough call. MJ at a Bobcat or Bulls game - tough call. I say Bobcats you can ask for the autograph. Part of his responsibilities for the organization. MJ at a Bulls game....that's tough.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: