Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: TRADE! Kings trade Omri Casspi, pick to Cavaliers for JJ Hickson

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'd like you to find that post where a Cavs fan said exactly what you have re-stated again and again... Because you originally tried to attribute it to me and I know I never posted any such thing.

I think you made it up, personally.
    You definitely insinuated that a number of times in our talks.

I will look. Cavs fans on here definitely threw out the "hickson potential" as reasons for Lebron to stay.

LOL @ Cavs fans. At least they are loyal. You still think your front office does a great job?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You definitely insinuated that a number of times in our talks.
    Nope... Never did. I was never even that high on Hickson. The guy drove me nuts during his tenure in Cleveland.

Banned

Gino, u mad?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    Insane trade for the kings, just awesome. But how much does it SUCK that they moved beno? You now have a line up of Cousins, Hickson, Salmons, Thornton, and Tyreke with Jimmer as the 6th man.

Why the hell did they move the only pure passer they had? Keep beno starting and have thornton as a possible 6th man of the year candidate in the future. Then you have a legit passer and floor general with real experience. I love the talent but its gonna be a bunch of former zach randolphs imo. Who ever touches the ball first is FIRING.

Why wouldnt you keep beno, a real pg, and draft leanord? Or if you LOVE jimmer, draft him, but keep beno to have a legit passer. I hate that trade so much.

its because Tyreke basically needs the ball in his hands to be him. i agree i LOVE Beno's game(very underrated IMO) but whenever i'd watch him play with Tyreke, its like they didn't fit, and had to take turns just so Tyreke would get his shots or drives in, and they clearly wanted Tyreke to take all or most of their shots when he was healthy.

Beno played a lot better when Tyreke was hurt and got to run the offense in more regular sets. Tyreke loves iso 1v1 and drives where everyone else is more or less watching. he's a great player, imo one of the best drivers in the league, probably the best, if he were healthy so i can't blame the Kings. it just sux they have to get rid of Beno.

Kings are looking pretty stacked at every position now. they're going to be fun to watch. i'll still be supporting my boy Beno tho, imo he's better than that chucker Jennings, at the very least plays much smarter.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 06-30-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Gino, u mad?
    Not at all. I could care less about the Cavs. I just think its funny....and a little sad.

3 years of hearing about Hickson's potential and now he's gone. Cavs fine front office work at it again.

Hey, at least they didn't botch the 4th pick......

Oh wait.........

Decent playground baller LaysUpBricks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    Insane trade for the kings, just awesome. But how much does it SUCK that they moved beno? You now have a line up of Cousins, Hickson, Salmons, Thornton, and Tyreke with Jimmer as the 6th man.

Why the hell did they move the only pure passer they had? Keep beno starting and have thornton as a possible 6th man of the year candidate in the future. Then you have a legit passer and floor general with real experience. I love the talent but its gonna be a bunch of former zach randolphs imo. Who ever touches the ball first is FIRING.

Why wouldnt you keep beno, a real pg, and draft leanord? Or if you LOVE jimmer, draft him, but keep beno to have a legit passer. I hate that trade so much.
    Yeah it was a bad trade. But the Kings have been high on Salmons because he does provide consistent perimeter defending, and he can play the SF position. The Kings didn't want to draft another raw talent who was inflated by the weak draft because they didn't want to wait while he develops.

You still think your front office does a great job?
    For a DWade/Mavs fan, you do a lot of thinking about Cleveland.

And, actually -- although I don't agree with the drafting of TT and trading Hickson for nothing -- I do think that the FO has done a pretty good job in the last year. We essentially bought the No. 1 pick in the draft and got rid of some dead weight.

National High School Star

LOL @ the Cavs

Is Tristan supposed to be a starter off the bat? Varejao should be ready to go at Center this season. I thought Hickson at 4 with Tristan learning to play off the bench would be fine for them. Even if they wanted to move Hickson, they could have gotten more in return. The draft pick is going to be nice in a couple of years though.

The Cavs priority should be to move Jamison and Baron. those two are getting $30,000,000 next season.

As for the Kings, the trade is a no brainer since they are overflooded with guards. Sammy D is gone. I like Jason Thompson too but he's probably on his way out. They will look to package him with one of their perimeter guys and get back a solid vet who can play right away.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'd like you to find that post where a Cavs fan said exactly what you have re-stated again and again... Because you originally tried to attribute it to me and I know I never posted any such thing.

I think you made it up, personally.
    nope. back in the lebron bandwagon days, when 1/3rd of the board seemed to be cavs fans, the overrating of hickson (lebrons future running mate, a beast, blah) was through the roof. Not by you, necc., but the various ig'nant fanbois

Not at all. I could care less about the Cavs. I just think its funny....and a little sad.

3 years of hearing about Hickson's potential and now he's gone. Cavs fine front office work at it again.

Oh wait.........
    you realize some experts had thompson as the 3rd best players in the draft right?

besides all hickson's super potential has gotten us is practically the same career averages as casspi.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    nope. back in the lebron bandwagon days, when 1/3rd of the board seemed to be cavs fans, the overrating of hickson (lebrons future running mate, a beast, blah) was through the roof. Not by you, necc., but the various ig'nant fanbois
    So, it could have very easily been one of the hoards of people that have since changed their username or admittedly jumped ship? I won't vouch for those people.

Banned

Oh wait.........
    Chris Grant is a idiot. Who denied that

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Yep.

It was rampant here.

Banned

btw yall do realize when yall say Cavs "fans", yall mean Lebron fans who hate the Cavs now.