Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

As someone who has OCD too, I know how hard it is to face your fears. I hope has someone he can talk to.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    As someone who has OCD too, I know how hard it is to face your fears. I hope has someone he can talk to.
    What T-Mac memorabilia (jerseys, posters, bobbleheads, etc.) do you own/have you ever owned?

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    What T-Mac memorabilia (jerseys, posters, bobbleheads, etc.) do you own/have you ever owned?
    Holy random batman! Three jerseys, a few basketball cards.

NBA rookie of the year

Wow, that makes all the bullying you have to stand while posting on ISH even more horrible..

He's basically found someone to blame rather than face his fears, the rockets. He's going to turn out to be a terrible pick. I get he has problems to work on. He should. I don't get the feeling he is though.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Holy random batman! Three jerseys, a few basketball cards.
    LOL I like being random and out-of-the-blue.

I used to have two jerseys.

Which three did you have?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's basically found someone to blame rather than face his fears, the rockets. He's going to turn out to be a terrible pick. I get he has problems to work on. He should. I don't get the feeling he is though.
    Yeah, he's not exactly making it better for himself a la posting silly stuff on twitter and doing stuff like this;

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229234

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Yeah, he's not exactly making it better for himself a la posting silly stuff on twitter and doing stuff like this;

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229234
    To me if he said "im taking this year off to get over what i need to do" i would get that. But the first thing he said was "im going to bus all the time when i need to". That's no solution, that's avoidance. It's like a drug addict, they find people to blame they can't get treatment because they don't want to get better. Im sure he wants to get better, but it would be hard and he is (not conciously) avoiding it. By fighting with the Rockets.

Total waste of a pick.

To me if he said "im taking this year off to get over what i need to do" i would get that. But the first thing he said was "im going to bus all the time when i need to". That's no solution, that's avoidance. It's like a drug addict, they find people to blame they can't get treatment because they don't want to get better. Im sure he wants to get better, but it would be hard and he is (not conciously) avoiding it. By fighting with the Rockets.

Total waste of a pick.
    I agree he is avoiding facing his fears etc, but if the Rockets play their cards right and give him what he needs to get his confidence up etc, they will reap the rewards. He is still very young and won't be a waste of a pick if they do what they can to accomodate him.

Just a question, has life traveled pretty smoothly for you? Do you or have you had any disorders of your own...its not a loaded question

Total waste of a pick.
    i sort of remember you saying this in the last royce thread and i mostly disagreed. thought they needed to take baby steps before throwing him in on the 'deep end'.

to me, that isn't the issue now though. if he has truly missed multiple practices, that's a more concerning issue...maybe maturity issues to boot. for a guy who handled so many college games, i don't understand why he would miss practices. airing out his grievances publicly is not a good sign either.

just hope he's genuinely doing what it takes to get better...really liked his game out of college.

While I feel for his disorder, he is going to be out of the league soon if this continues, and maybe that's the best thing for him, maybe he just doesn't belong in the NBA with his disorder.

I wish him the best of luck, but to me it seems like the Rockets are already tired of this.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    if he has truly missed multiple practices, that's a more concerning issue...maybe maturity issues to boot. for a guy who handled so many college games, i don't understand why he would miss practices. airing out his grievances publicly is not a good sign either.
    More than likely it's still the case of his anxiety, the avoidance and irrational decision making. Alot of people understand what it is on the surface, but they don't realize how bad it can really get, can easily lead to other diseases such as depression, which I hope is not what he's going through right now.

Alot of people suffer from this disease, but alot of people also take meds to deal with it, which I believe Royce is against, increasing the difficulty in dealing with this daily. Compound that with the stresses of the NBA life and the natural unsympathetic nature of his peers and you wonder if he's going to make it through the season.

he needs to go play in a small country where you dont have to fly to travel.

maybe go play in greece

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Total waste of a pick.

He was the 16th pick a ton of talent still and we are 2 weeks into the season. Your overreacting.