Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Official offseason thread

I thought this would be easier than everyone posting random threads.

I think the grizz need to bring in a vetran ex allstar swingman to coach rudy and o.j. through these first years. How would everyone feel on maybe getting a guy like vince carter?

Default Re: Official offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    veteran ex allstar swingman
    I would prefer a veteran swingman roleplayer who can shoot and defend. Stabilize our 2nd unit backcourt. Our 2nd unit backcourt = worst in the L

SF - Ross
    SG - Buckner
    PG - Jaric

I am Chris Wilcox

If we can't get a decent PF in the draft, then I think we should make a run at someone like David Lee.

Carter would ask for way too much and wouldn't be of much use. I don't want to waste money on him.

After getting a decent PF, either through the draft, FA or from trading, we should look to improve our bench with some experienced players. Like gasolina said, we have a terrible bench, especially at the 1,2 and 3. Miles is good as 3rd string SF/PF kind of player, but we desperately need some stronger players off the bench.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Ross, Buck & D. Miles will all probably be gone. We need to add shooters and energy players. Right now I'm hoping for Paul Millsap if we don't get Blake Griffin or Thabeet.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Ross, Buck & D. Miles will all probably be gone. We need to add shooters and energy players. Right now I'm hoping for Paul Millsap if we don't get Blake Griffin or Thabeet.
    Utah will be resigning either Boozer or Millsap, I doubt that they'll sign both, so we should try and get which ever one they don't resign.

Boozer would provide some leadership and some much needed experience. He's an excellent player and will provide this team with some strong rebounding. Also, it's not as if Booz is old either, he is still only 27.

Millsap doesn't have as much experience as Booz, but he's young and very talented. He had 16 straight double doubles this season before going down with an injury, causing him to miss 3 games and then he came back and got another 3 straight double doubles. That's basically 19 straight double doubles. Bottom line, the guy is good.

However, if Hollins wants to run more, then I think Lee would be a better fit for this team.

If we get any one of those 3 guys though, I'll be happy.

Vince carter was just an example of the type of player I want. I want mayo and gay to be able to look up to someone with exp on our bench. Sorry but buckner shouldnt be that guy. I mean I wouldnt mind finley, carter, hill, someone of that caliber.

As for boozer.Dont want him he is actually 28 and he is injury prone.The ast two seasons he has had problems. Not to mention the type of contracy he will want.The jazz will push hard for milsap and he will probably stay. They knw that boozer is not worth the money especially when you have a good backup in place for him thats alot cheaper.

We need a fresh new talented bench. A better backup at every position besides the pf spot.

Thoughts on Rudy possibly playing the 4 next year? I think we should use our first pick and draft the best player available whether it's Rubio or Harden and then trade them for something useful.

I am Chris Wilcox

Boozer is actually 27, he'll be 28 later this year. If we got him, I'd be happy, he may be injury prone, but he is a huge improvement over Hak and Arthur. I'd rather have Millsap though, he's younger and has shown a lot of promise, but I assume that Utah will resign due to the same reasons.

Villanueva, Lee, Millsap and Boozer >>> Hak and Arthur

I'd be happy with any of those 4.

Rudy playing the 4 doesn't exactly excite me. He's not strong enough nor big enough (weight wise) to play against other power forwards. We need a PF that is going to rebound and is tough. Rudy is a good rebounder for a SF, but not great. We need rebounding and inside presence, Rudy doesn't bring that.

No thanks to Villanueva. We don't need another chucker in the lineup.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    No thanks to Villanueva. We don't need another chucker in the lineup.
    I'd much rather have Charlie V on this team than Hak or Arthur.

I'd love to have David Lee, but I think New York will match any offer for him in the MLE, which is what David is worth IMO.
    For our bench, I think players like Donyel Marshall or Walter Hermann would fit perfectly as the veterans we need and improve our bench.

Charlie V is good. But he tends to think its him vs the world out there. I like lee aswell but he is not a good defender. He is ok as a helpside defender. He is also a great rebounder. I still would much rather have milsap over all the rest.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I'd much rather have Charlie V on this team than Hak or Arthur.
    Don't sleep on Arthur...

I am Chris Wilcox

Out of the 4 PF's mentioned, this is the order in which I would like to have them on the Grizzlies,

1. Millsap

2. Boozer
    3. Lee
    4. Charlie V

Millsap is the obvious number 1 here. Boozer is getting older (still only 27 though), Lee isn't a great defender and Charlie V isn't that great of a rebounder. Millsap is young, a solid defender, a good rebounder and would be a good fit for this team.

I personally have a bias for David Lee (I love his hustle), but I can agree that Millsap would be the best fit in Memphis.