Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #16
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board
Default Re: Dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Knicks 2009 prediction.

Barring any trades, the way the lineup is now, resigning everyone, I just don't see us making the playoffs. I can see us playing good, then having long streaks of not playing good. Goes back to the team needing an on-court leader. The season is hard to guess because of injuries on other teams, (like Boston last year), but my guess is we make a late push, but don't quite make it. We'll go 37-45, that's being generous. Give or take a few games by Buckets doing chin-ups during the game.

earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Barring any trades, the way the lineup is now, resigning everyone, I just don't see us making the playoffs. I can see us playing good, then having long streaks of not playing good. Goes back to the team needing an on-court leader. The season is hard to guess because of injuries on other teams, (like Boston last year), but my guess is we make a late push, but don't quite make it. We'll go 37-45, that's being generous. Give or take a few games by Buckets doing chin-ups during the game.

Yeah can't believe Al did that.

I can agree with most of your post tho, although I think the team will probably play better in the beginning and fll off at the end.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:04 AM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

no pg sg c howdo the knicks win 37 games.. lmao
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
no pg sg c howdo the knicks win 37 games.. lmao

The didn't have none last year either.

And they were lucky to win 32.

i can say I watched every game last year and quite a few were lost by doing things that were not even part of the game.

Like Al Hanging off the rim. I think that was against the Clipper where he blew the game twice against them.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #20
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

And the brain-fart by D' Antoni at Portland.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
And the brain-fart by D' Antoni at Portland.

When he didnt call the time out and roy hit the sick lay up?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #22
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Affirmative.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #23
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Its not like the game meant anything. As long as he doesnt do it IF we get to the play-offs with him as our coach.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #24
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

If games like that one came out as a W, alot more games could have been won. Start adding them up and MAYBE we could of squeezed out 10 more wins?

Hopefully this year the coaching staff will NOT do those things anymore, I'm sure AL will work on it. Besides, I think he's expecting a baby in October, so hopefully he'll be too tired to hang on the rim. lol
Old 08-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #25
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
If games like that one came out as a W, alot more games could have been won. Start adding them up and MAYBE we could of squeezed out 10 more wins?

Hopefully this year the coaching staff will NOT do those things anymore, I'm sure AL will work on it. Besides, I think he's expecting a baby in October, so hopefully he'll be too tired to hang on the rim. lol

Lmao. Im glad i can laugh at that now.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yea but all those games we ALMOST won we're probably going to lose for sure now because the middle of the road teams got better and healthier. Barring injuries,we'll have the worst roster on paper in the league.Well us and Sacramento and maybe Minn.But I like their young guys better.+ who even knows whats going to happen w/ nate and lee.it isnt looking good.i think we end up in the 20's as far as wins go.

Magic,Clippers,Cavs,Celtics,Lakers,Raptors,Hawks,P istons,Wizards,Spurs,Grizzlies, Blazers all got better through free agency.Not to mention teams like OKC and Phx who's draft picks may have an immediate positive impact.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
yea but all those games we ALMOST won we're probably going to lose for sure now because the middle of the road teams got better and healthier. Barring injuries,we'll have the worst roster on paper in the league.Well us and Sacramento and maybe Minn.But I like their young guys better.+ who even knows whats going to happen w/ nate and lee.it isnt looking good.i think we end up in the 20's as far as wins go.

Magic,Clippers,Cavs,Celtics,Lakers,Raptors,Hawks,P istons,Wizards,Spurs,Grizzlies, Blazers all got better through free agency.Not to mention teams like OKC and Phx who's draft picks may have an immediate positive impact.

lol Phoenix?

Shall we look at there 2 first round picks the last 2 years?

Robin Lopez
Taylor Griffin

Immediate impact? I think you got Robin Lopez confused with Brook Lopez and Taylor Griffin confused with Blake Griffin.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Earl Clark was their 1st rounder my friend.remember Bano,I foresaw your lack of basketball expertise w/o you telling me so if your going to discredit something i said,it would behoove you to school yourself on the subject 1st

Anywho,Earl CLark 6'10" versatile offensively and defensively.Has sf skills in a long pf's body.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #29
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Earl Clark was their 1st rounder my friend.remember Bano,I foresaw your lack of basketball expertise w/o you telling me so if your going to discredit something i said,it would behoove you to school yourself on the subject 1st

Anywho,Earl CLark 6'10" versatile offensively and defensively.Has sf skills in a long pf's body.

I coulda swore Taylor Griffin went to phoenix....

maybey a second round pick?
Old 08-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

yea...earl clark was their 1st round pick.you didnt seriously think he was as 1st round pick did you?he was drafted by the harlem globetrotters too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: