Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation
Default Iverson for Jefferson: would you do it?

I gotta throw out another one of those things that would never happen just to get some reactions. So what do you guys think? Would you do Iverson for Jefferson? Of course the Nets would have to throw in a little more like a draft pick or so. I'm just interested to see what you guys think. At first I thought Iverson could not fit in (too many guards). Then the more I thought about it the more It appeals. Is it possible? He probably wants to stay in the east.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

if Carter does not resign, the Nets willl be awfully thin at SF.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the problem with iverson is that you have to carefully craft the right team around him for it to work. the sixers took a long time to learn this and by the time they did it was pretty much too late to trade him.

iverson for jefferson: straight-up i'd do it as a 3-way trade so that we could land someone we really wanted, and they better be pretty damn good to lose RJ.

iverson for jefferson and any worthwhile picks or worthwhile players: now why would we do that? the sixers are stuck with him- why would we make their lives easier??

trading for iverson and keeping him here would be the worst thing that the nets could possibly do. you might as well trade for marbury, francis and baron davis so you could start four knucklehead PG's and sell out every game while throwing away any chance to go anywhere in the playoffs...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
the problem with iverson is that you have to carefully craft the right team around him for it to work. the sixers took a long time to learn this and by the time they did it was pretty much too late to trade him.

iverson for jefferson: straight-up i'd do it as a 3-way trade so that we could land someone we really wanted, and they better be pretty damn good to lose RJ.

iverson for jefferson and any worthwhile picks or worthwhile players: now why would we do that? the sixers are stuck with him- why would we make their lives easier??

trading for iverson and keeping him here would be the worst thing that the nets could possibly do. you might as well trade for marbury, francis and baron davis so you could start four knucklehead PG's and sell out every game while throwing away any chance to go anywhere in the playoffs...

even if the Nets signed Kobe, Duncan and Yao to the roster, CAA in New Jersey still will not sell out. that's how weak the fanbase is.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

He'll get the big PG he always needed, but I just can't see him and Carter working out on offense since they need to iso their guys so much. I rather see us go for a catch and shoot guy that moves to open spaces well like a Rashard Lewis or something, but then again I think RJ is better than Rashard cause he plays D.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:37 AM   #6
Promisin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Promisin has an OK reputation so far

I think NJ's first shot must be on KG.If we cant get him i think Iverson for RJ trade wouldnt be bad.He has always been good friend with Vince and he wants to be in a winning team anyway;so he does not want a team that built around him anymore..
Promisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #7
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

no way, what defense would the nets have?

Carter and Jefferson weren't suppose to play together, and it kinda worked, not really though. Imagine Carter and Iverson, that would be worse.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #8
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I don't see Iverson working on a team with Kidd, Carter and Krstic. That's why I think he'd be better suited on the Wolves, just two stars, no one else.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
I don't see Iverson working on a team with Kidd, Carter and Krstic. That's why I think he'd be better suited on the Wolves, just two stars, no one else.
whoa, that's one of the best trade ideas i've heard in a long time.

KG doesn't really like the pressure placed on him and needs help on the offensive end and in the clutch. AI could give him something like what cassell and sprewell did for that one year when they went deep in the playoffs. plus they've needed a good PG for many years now.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well if the wolves get AI they will they trade Mike James?
If not then the gotta put AI at the 2 spot

James
AI
Hassel
KG
Griffin
Thats not that bad of a lineup
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

but mike james should be a backup anyway, not a starter.

IMO you have to put AI at the #1 spot most nights because of his height.

but it's all kind of semantics anyway because no matter what the positions AI will be handling the ball on offense 80% of the time. the only real question is on defense when they'll either zone him or have him guard the opponent's #1 or #2. it will depend mostly on the size of the guards in the game.

but casey has already said that they can't afford AI based on you-know-who's contract. that franchise is effed, partly because of KG's contract and partly because of mchale blowing all those draft picks.

realistically the best thing the wolves can do is to unload KG for a bunch of good picks and prospects and start all over again. that's been their only real option for years now and just liike philly they've been taking far too long to act on it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: