Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

they need that simulation where it sims per quarter in association. that shit was fun.. only in live they had that

This might not be a big announcement for us, but it is for the guys at 2K. Now they have the GOAT basketball player in Jordan and a huge entertainment icon in Jay Z promoting their game. That's pretty big from a marketing stand point.

playlist is better than 2k12's shitty one

Banned

That's true, but they don't need more marketing imo. Maybe they feel they need to recapture people after a lockout season. Or maybe because 2K12 pissed a lot of people off they are trying to reel in some of the casual gamers.

But at this point, everyone who plays 2K is going to still play it. Maybe some new people will pick it up, but the bulk of the consumers is made up of people who are already 2K fans.

NBA Superstar

Ha, there are many 2K followers bumming tonight about the Jay-Z news. Four weeks ago a spokesman for 2K said, "We have one of the biggest announcements ever, if not the biggest ever in the history of the 2K Sports franchise ever coming in a couple of weeks. I think you'll be surprised."

People were predicting the return of NFL 2K, the inclusion of the Dream Team, an International Mode, and brand new ways of playing video game basketball altogether. Instead, the "biggest announcement ever in the history of 2K Sports" turned out to be Jay-Z hand picking a soundtrack and telling 2K his ideas of how to make the game better.

The blasphemy of this thread.
    I and many others have played basketball video games for over 20 years.
    2k12 is the best basketball game ever.
    Sure the centre speed glitch is annoying and so is the shot clock cheese.
    2k13 will likely address those problems.
    But no game is perfect.

Live/Elite is for NOOBS. Clippersfan86 and others sold out in this thread and showed true colours. Noob fail.

Noobtards exposed. 2k is where its at and where it will forever be at.

SPLAAAAAAASH.

The Jay-Z/Jordan announcement is cool.

2K13 developer insight videos to debut soon http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ebut-soon.html

Why do people still mention Live? It sucked recently. A huge mess. It didn't play like basketball. And it's gone - there is no news on it, it's not coming out. It's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why do people still mention Live? It sucked recently. A huge mess. It didn't play like basketball. And it's gone - there is no news on it, it's not coming out. It's dead.
    Who said anything about Live? This is the 2K13 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Who said anything about Live? This is the 2K13 thread.
    it gets mentioned from time to time.

Have you found out what the legends mode is yet? Im dying to know. What system do you play on?

Have you found out what the legends mode is yet? Im dying to know. What system do you play on?
    I play on 360.

And no, I haven't. I'm guessing the first developer video will be on Friday, so maybe we'll find out then.

Hope they fix the transition defense. It's ridiculous how many times you can get fastbreak dunks while the 4 AI zombies will just stand around while you try to get a charge or slow the ball handler. The amount of scrubs able dunk over guys like Howard is ridiculous, hell I even owned with G. Henderson. There is an auto animation if you get enough speed/space, you can dunk on anyone and they won't be able to foul or block, their man will be frozen with you 10 feet away. Lead passes are also total cheese, especially if done after cutting someone with d-pad+Y, they will always dunk even if 3 guys are trying to bump him or are going for a deflection. Then there is Kobe/Durant unstoppable mid range pull up or fadeaway that goes in no matter the D. The superstar PGs are also too damn slow on lay ups and get blocked a lot, game has no true speed, scrub bigs will catch up to Rose on the break or block him when they are not even close by. Unless you use Godbrook and dunk on everyone instead of layups.

NBA Superstar

What do you speak of when you say Legends Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    What do you speak of when you say Legends Mode?
    Like last year we had the unlock the historical teams. What is the special "mode" this year vs. 12? It's the last year they have the Jordan contract signed for so it would make sense to do something including him.