Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why do so many people place such an importance on food?

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Well, your post speaks to two things I put much importance on: food and frugality.

Eating right, to me, is one of the most important things in life. My soul is attached to my body. If my body doesnt feel right, I cant feel right either. So I want to not be sick, I want to have energy, I want to feel healthy and spry.

Saving money is also important so you need to be smart. Cut out expensive snacks. Dont get grape juice when apple juice is two dollars cheaper. Even though I love grape juice . But you have to make sacrifices.

And I am interested by the idea that eating less will make you live longer? Do you have any links? I could just look it up but I will ask you first :)
    Lol this guy probably smokes.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He makes pro smoking topics complaining about smoking having a bad reputation and citing the benefits of nicotine.

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Plenty of Japanese people eat 1200 calories a day and they are the longest living people on earth. I don't recommend 1k diets like OP or 1200 calorie diets but this post is just abominably bad.
    Japanese people are pretty small.
    If you're 5'6" 120 lbs, you'll probably survive on 1200 calories a day. Low energy, looking like shit, but you'll survive.
    If you're 6'2" 200 lbs, no chance you'll make it to 30

^^If you non-smokers can't get through that whole article, there might be a good explanation- you need some nicotine. Numerous studies show that nicotine intake, even among non-smokers, increases work productivity, concentration levels, brain power, and several other brain-related things. I've known this for years as a smoker. Every time I was having trouble writing, or getting through a school assignment, I'd light up a cigarette. Gets me right back on track.

Since birth most of us have been told all the negatives about cigarettes, and there are quite a few. But the positives need to be shown. Smokers don't just smoke because they're addicted, cigarettes give people real benefits. Including fighting against Alzheimers and Dimensia. Look it up.

The biggest flaw in non-smokers arguments, is they think they own the air, and the sidewalk. Like, nothing they dislike should be allowed to go on there. lol @ "people should only be allowed to smoke in their house." Wow. Scary thing is, you're not alone in feeling that way. Funny coming from people who are allowed to spout their BS all over the internet, solely because they come from a FREE country.

See, people who hate cigarettes/smokers is one thing.. but when they take it to the next level and want to make laws about it... that's when they become nazi's. Smokers are just an easy out-group to target. That's all it is.

And so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    And so on....
    Oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Japanese people are pretty small.
    If you're 5'6" 120 lbs, you'll probably survive on 1200 calories a day. Low energy, looking like shit, but you'll survive.
    If you're 6'2" 200 lbs, no chance you'll make it to 30
    You realize there are 6' Japanese people and taller... not many but there are... You know people lived in concentration camps for years with way less than 1200 calories/day... there have been prisoners of war captive for 9 years who were starved and ate rats and grass and shit. Unless you have some heart condition or other fatal disease or someone shoots you in the head there's nearly a 100% chance you'll make it to 30 on 1200 calories a day if you're 6'2". You may not be healthy and you may look like you came out of Auschwitz but you'll be alive.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    You can go over three weeks without the shit as long as you have water...

Ever since I moved out and actually had to pay for and get my own shit I've been eating only about 1000 calories a day, and have dropped 15-20 pds in 2 months. and inb4 "jew diet!" no you idiots, I'm not poor, I just don't like spending money on unnecessary shit when it can go to cooler shit.

Lol @ idiots who willingly pay for high calorie foods or overeat shit.

P.S. it's not that hard to lose weight ya f*cktards, just stop buying all this food that you're eating. Buy maybe one box of cereal, one box of oatmeal, one gallon of milk, two apples, one tin of tuna and let it last you a week.
    Eating less food may not do the trick. The body might very well react by slowing your metabolism down and storing up more fat from what you do eat. Then if you ever start eating normal again, you'll explode into this supermassive blimp due to retarded metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    And so on....
    Well, the cognitive benefits of nicotine actually DO exist and he's not wrong about them. However, as an ex-smoker (although I slip up when drunk from time to time), smoking cigarettes for the mental benefit is like taking one step forward, and 300 steps back. Then being kicked repeatedly in the chest backwards another 300 steps.

In case I wasn't clear enough about my stance, smoking is definitely one of the most harmful things you can do to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    Eating less food may not do the trick. The body might very well react by slowing your metabolism down and storing up more fat from what you do eat. Then if you ever start eating normal again, you'll explode into this supermassive blimp due to retarded metabolism.

If you burn 2000 calories a day, and are only eating 1000 calories, you aren't storing any of the food as fat, genius.

This guy probably wonders why concentration camp survivors weren't coming out of them obese

Go look at pictures of people after they liberated the Andersonville prison inmates if you think you cant live off a handful of half cooked cornmeal every two days.

You would be shocked what you can live through.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    You realize there are 6' Japanese people and taller... not many but there are... You know people lived in concentration camps for years with way less than 1200 calories/day... there have been prisoners of war captive for 9 years who were starved and ate rats and grass and shit. Unless you have some heart condition or other fatal disease or someone shoots you in the head there's nearly a 100% chance you'll make it to 30 on 1200 calories a day if you're 6'2". You may not be healthy and you may look like you came out of Auschwitz but you'll be alive.
    It weren't that bad there before the tide of the war changed, it was more of a work camp.
    After the change, a lot of people died because of starvation.

There's practically no chance a 6'2" man would survive on a 1200 cal a day diet, or more 1000 like russ said, for 30 years.

Sure you would. This is 1200 calories:

Breakfast:

Lunch

Dinner:

No way you just...die.

You would be thin...but you would be fine.

And thats a rather bland idea of what you can eat. Google "400 calorie meals".

Most are just lean meat and some vegetables but...there are a lot of options.

You wouldnt even struggle health wise I suspect.

^
    Less than 450 calories.

I could skip breakfast have one meal of that size at lunch and two of those for dinner and be just fine.

I wouldnt...because I like variety. But I could. Id...keep living.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    You can go over three weeks without the shit as long as you have water...

Ever since I moved out and actually had to pay for and get my own shit I've been eating only about 1000 calories a day, and have dropped 15-20 pds in 2 months. and inb4 "jew diet!" no you idiots, I'm not poor, I just don't like spending money on unnecessary shit when it can go to cooler shit.

Lol @ idiots who willingly pay for high calorie foods or overeat shit.

P.S. it's not that hard to lose weight ya f*cktards, just stop buying all this food that you're eating. Buy maybe one box of cereal, one box of oatmeal, one gallon of milk, two apples, one tin of tuna and let it last you a week.
    Jew diet? Seriously? Is that a common phrase in your circles?

I agree with OP. It's also really difficult when you're with people from cultures where turning down their food is nearly considered an insult.

I don't understand how some people apparently reach a point where they need to eat food all the time, or to deal with their problems somehow. And most of the time it isn't even amazing stuff, its crappy ass fast food