Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The future looks bleak as fukk

nobel-prize winning scientist loses everything for making a little comment about boys and girls. PC feminists go completely ape shit over it.

http://news.yahoo.com/nobel-prize-wi...125443022.html

Very good NBA starter

he basically said that girls cause trouble in labs because "you fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticize them, they cry."

he didn't even make a predictable comment about women belonging in kitchens. he just said they were a distraction and you might fall in love with them.

that tone is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE in the PC feminist world today.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    he basically said that girls cause trouble in labs because "you fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticize them, they cry."

he didn't even make a predictable comment about women belonging in kitchens. he just said they were a distraction and you might fall in love with them.

You can't say shit like that in an academic department. Incredibly stupid and pretty offensive to spout off on twitter, at a seminar, or maybe even in a lab meeting.

I'm not surprised he was forced out.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You can't say shit like that in an academic department. Incredibly stupid and pretty offensive to spout off on twitter, at a seminar, or maybe even in a lab meeting.

I'm not surprised he was forced out.

i know you can't say that in the academic world. the standards are even stricter in college... kinda like how seinfeld suggested. the environment in college is extremely PC. but it's spilling over to not just academics now.

my favorite part is taht as early as seventh grade people are taught to be sensitive. SEVENTH GRADE? Kids are teens...

it's highly offensive anywhere. What job can you suggest that 50% of the people doing it are not qualified because of their gender? And if you work for the university in a position like that, you represent the university, so it's even worse.

This is normal. If he made a joke about women unrelated to this it's different. He wasn't making a joke here.

i know you can't say that in the academic world. the standards are even stricter in college... kinda like how seinfeld suggested. the environment in college is extremely PC. but it's spilling over to not just academics now.
    It's nothing like Seinfeld. He's talking about idiot pc kids at a comedy show. This is a tenure professor spouting off ridiculous academic gender critiques in a public forum with no intention of comedy.

Of course a university is more sensitive to political correctness. It's where the term first became important and used as a "movement." There are issues where schools are becoming too sensitive but that professor getting himself in trouble is not part of that problem.

Basically if you have a job were you are representing your company in a real way sometimes (businesses think of you as the contact, you're the one selling to them, etc.) then you can't just spout nonsense without consequence. It's just how it is. Some of you seem to think that's not the case whcih is fine theoretically but in practice something you might want to learn and accept.

NBA Legend

It's nothing like Seinfeld. He's talking about idiot pc kids at a comedy show. This is a tenure professor spouting off ridiculous academic gender critiques in a public forum with no intention of comedy.

So he shouod be censured from having opinions on social subjects if they dont agree with yours?

What if hed said "Everyone is 100% equal and it's an absolute round-the-clock pleasure to work with every person in every environmen."

Would you criticize him for "spouting off" and having no business to give opinions? No. Youre only upset bc he publicly gave an opinion DIFFERENT FROM YOUR PATHETIC LOSER BETA MALE ONE.

Thats why youre upset. You want to bring confident, old school men down via public witch hunts, bc thats your ugly boring beta male way of moving up the social heirarchy. You cant be a funny, confident, articulate, aggressive male so you want to smear anyone found "guilty" of being one as a means of looking like you matter. Youre at the bottom of the masculinity food chain so you ally yourselves with minority agendas to bring down traditional establishment. And you tell yourself its bc youre so ethical and righeous. But youre acually just a passive aggressive loser.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 06-15-2015 at 02:50 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Basically if you have a job were you are representing your company in a real way sometimes (businesses think of you as the contact, you're the one selling to them, etc.) then you can't just spout nonsense without consequence. It's just how it is. Some of you seem to think that's not the case whcih is fine theoretically but in practice something you might want to learn and accept.

Why is it nonsense? Its his opinion as a noble prize winning professor in his field based on his experiences.

It refers to reality rather than perfect ideology so we have to dismiss it and blast his character and end his livelyhood over it?
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 06-15-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    So he shouod be censured from having opinions on social subjects if they dont agree with yours?

What if hed said "Everyone is 100% equal and it's an absolute round-the-clock pleasure to work with every person in every environmen."

Would you criticize him for "spouting off" and having no business to give opinions? No. Youre only upset bc he publicly gave an opinion DIFFERENT FROM YOUR PATHETIC LOSER BETA MALE ONE.

Thats why youre upset. You want to bring confident, old school men down via public witch hunts, bc thats your ugly boring beta male way of moving up the social heirarchy. You cant be a funny, confident, articulate, aggressive male so you want to smear anyone found "guilty" of being one as a means of looking like you matter. Youre at the bottom of the masculinity food chain so you ally yourselves with minority agendas to bring down traditional establishment. And you tell yourself its bc youre so ethical and righeous. But youre acually just a passive aggressive loser.
    Over the years I've just grown to feel sorry for you. I mean, what the fvck are you even talking about? One day you'll grow up.

You don't know the least bit about the world he works in. My opinion on his position or my personal take is neither here nor there. He represents the university and his department, which is probably about 40% female at the professorship rank, and a tenured professor walking around the department like it's the 60's will be a massive disruption; he's got to go.

NBA Legend

Over the years I've just grown to feel sorry for you. I mean, what the fvck are you even talking about? One day you'll grow up.

You don't know the least bit about the world he works in. My opinion on his position or my personal take is neither here nor there. He represents the university and his department, which is probably about 40% female at the professorship rank, and a tenured professor walking around the department like it's the 60's will be a massive disruption; he's got to go.

He didn't get fired because the people whose hands held his fate disagreed with him. Many of them probably feel the same way. He got fired because of their fear of the reaction of women, and "men" like you leading ultimately to a loss of revenue.

If a woman had made comments converse to this one but of the same very small degree of offense, no peep would ever have been made, because people like YOU wouldn't cry out about it.

Now why do "men" like you react so sensitively to even the most minor, insignificant trangsgressions of the PC paradigm when it involves a traditional majority vs a minority demographic? Because you are not confident in your own ability to make jokes nor honest evaluations of the social condition. You are the QUINTESSENTIAL background beta male. Not charming, smart, or funny, not athletic, not confident, not anything. So when you get your opportunity to lend your pathetic, cracking voice to phony outrage about even miniscule offenses created by men more dominant than you, you seize that opportunity to shout out and be seen doing something of assertion. But it's because you CANT do anything MEANINGFUL of assertion, so you take up political correctness as your big conviction. Basically witch hunting confident, outspoken men and neutering them until they're on an even playing field with you - a man who sadly is naturally neutered.

REAL TALK

that professor getting fired over that is ****in' ridiculous .. men have been neutered, simply put .. and some are perfectly ok with it as seen by some responses on here .. meanwhile you have that cnt in boston university or wtf she works saying 'all white males are the problem' and she keeps her job .. not a peep from the beta pssies over that .. where's the outrage from you fggts over that one ? .. when will this retarded pc nonsense end ? .. men stand up for yourselves and stop being neutered pssies .. if I had any say, I would've told anyone calling for his firing to go fk themselves
    Last edited by dude77; 06-15-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    He didn't get fired because the people whose hands held his fate disagreed with him. Many of them probably feel the same way. He got fired because of their fear of the reaction of women, and "men" like you leading ultimately to a loss of revenue.

If a woman had made comments converse to this one but of the same very small degree of offense, no peep would ever have been made, because people like YOU wouldn't cry out about it.

Now why do "men" like you react so sensitively to even the most minor, insignificant trangsgressions of the PC paradigm when it involves a traditional majority vs a minority demographic? Because you are not confident in your own ability to make jokes nor honest evaluations of the social condition. You are the QUINTESSENTIAL background beta male. Not charming, smart, or funny, not athletic, not confident, not anything. So when you get your opportunity to lend your pathetic, cracking voice to phony outrage about even miniscule offenses created by men more dominant than you, you seize that opportunity to shout out and be seen doing something of assertion. But it's because you CANT do anything MEANINGFUL of assertion, so you take up political correctness as your big conviction. Basically witch hunting confident, outspoken men and neutering them until they're on an even playing field with you - a man who sadly is naturally neutered.

REAL TALK
    He got fired because his female colleagues in the department were likely pissed, the department head can't have a contentious atmosphere permeating meetings, seminars, and other events, and this would all have a terrible impact on their ability to recruit quality female candidates for graduate and faculty positions.

It's a pretty simple equation.