Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Top 5 Favorite Rappers

Forgot about KRIT hes in my top 5 over Wiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    what is your point here?
    Drake owns the radio, so it's not preposterous for him to be in somebody's top 5.

you can't see he doesn't like drake and is expressing that by laughing at someone who does?
    Yes, and I'm laughing at his logic. He's praising 2 radio artist, at the same time mocking whoever likes the king of all radio artist.

i'm 150% positive that this isn't a mainstream vs. underground thing.
    So am I. Im also 150% positive that he's not praising waka and 2 chainz for their lyrical ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Lol, Big L better than Lupe. Post mortem **** sucking this is.

And Ketchup called another poster's list gay while he has Danny Brown, Drake, and "Pretty Mother****er" ASAP rocky on his list.
    Chill out compadre, I know the poster personally, hence why I did it.

But that list he made was actually super queer.

Of All-Time:

Nas
    Twista
    BIG
    Pac
    BDK/Common/Mos Def/Andre

Right Now:

Gibbs
    Kendrick
    KRIT
    Lupe
    Ehlzi
    Last edited by Go Getter; 05-28-2012 at 12:31 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

That "B Boyz" song primetime posted >>>>>>

Kendrick went ****ing in on that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    @ people putting down Drake.

1. Kendrick Lamar
    2. ASAP Rocky
    3. Tech N9Ne
    4. Meek Mill
    5. Schoolboy
    What you laughing at Drake for? At least his music is original. Not the same old shit.

Meek Mill? Shit puts me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    What you laughing at Drake for? At least his music is original. Not the same old shit.

Meek Mill? Shit puts me to sleep.
    He's a good music artist but he's not a rapper. At least not to me based on his last project. Take Care with Rihanna? Take a shot for me? Nah.

And Drake's music doesn't? Shit like Marvin's Room, Houstatlantavegas, and all that R&B pop shit? Please dude.

He's a good music artist but he's not a rapper. At least not to me based on his last project. Take Care with Rihanna? Take a shot for me? Nah.

And Drake's music doesn't? Shit like Marvin's Room, Houstatlantavegas, and all that R&B pop shit? Please dude.
    Meek Mill is getting to point where he's becoming the poster boy for what's wrong with hip hop. Dude has NO SUBSTANCE what so ever.

Also, it's funny how you say that Drake is not a rapper, but he bodied your boy on Amen.

Your argument is nonsensical. Drake is a million times more authentic than Meek. Yes, I am counting the faux gangster shit on headlines against him. That's how annoying Meek can be. Dude is not original in the least.

How many times is the dude going to rap about Maybach's,Audemar's and Rolex's? He's getting down right obnoxious with the name brand mentions. Ciroc this. This that and the third. Dude wont have be remembered by many in 10 years, at least Drake is in his own lane.

Multi-faceted.

RaininTwos list may be terrible, , but he's right on this. Meek Mill is just the same old thing, where as Drake is fresh. There isn't anyone like him out at the moment. Pretty much everyone of those songs you mentioned has a rap verse in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Meek Mill is getting to point where he's becoming the poster boy for what's wrong with hip hop. Dude has NO SUBSTANCE what so ever.

Also, it's funny how you say that Drake is not a rapper, but he bodied your boy on Amen.

Your argument is nonsensical. Drake is a million times more authentic than Meek. Yes, I am counting the faux gangster shit on headlines against him. That's how annoying Meek can be. Dude is not original in the least.

How many times is the dude going to rap about Maybach's,Audemar's and Rolex's? He's getting down right obnoxious with the name brand mentions. Ciroc this. This that and the third. Dude wont have be remembered by many in 10 years, at least Drake is in his own lane.
    Are you kidding me? There hasn't been any mainstream rapper with substance in a long ass time. That shit's overrated.

What does Drake rap about in most of his verses? Women? Women breaking his heart? Almost the same thing. It's a double standard. All that emotional corny shit. They rap about their surroundings, and lifestyles. And unfortunately, Drake isn't about "that life". Like i said, Drake's a good artist. He just isn't a rapper to me anymore. I can't take him seriously after that Take Care album. Hopefully he switches it up on his next one.

He's on the same tier as Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, and all of those guys that went downhill after they got some of their shit on the radio.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

TI
    Em
    Snoop/Nate Dogg
    BIG
    Pun

Are you kidding me? There hasn't been any mainstream rapper with substance in a long ass time. That shit's overrated.

What does Drake rap about in most of his verses? Women? Women breaking his heart? Almost the same thing. It's a double standard. All that emotional corny shit. They rap about their surroundings, and lifestyles. And unfortunately, Drake isn't about "that life". Like i said, Drake's a good artist. He just isn't a rapper to me anymore. I can't take him seriously after that Take Care album. Hopefully he switches it up on his next one.
    There hasn't been a rapper with what? Maybe if all you listen to is MMG minus Wale you would think that.

A lot of rappers have some substance, I'm not saying that they are dropping joints like Blackstar or Public Enemy, but there is something substantial that you can take from their efforts and that comes in many forms like a story, social commentary,etc.

Drake raps about his mom on "Look What You've Done". Also, stop being an idiot, affairs of the heart are a huge part in everyone's life. Songs about perils/joys of love/women can be substantial. If they weren't then R&B wouldn't necessarily exist.

You can give me a list of 100 of the hottest rappers in the game right now and I can find you some tracks here and there that arent solely about materialistic bullshit while being insanely repetitive.