Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920
    Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Default Re: Blender Magazine calls Tupac "the most overrated artist ever"

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    As a rapper... 2pac was overrated...he made people feel emotion so that is why he is soo loved...

He wasnt on the level of the other MCs who are talked about as the best ever...

He knew how to write songs and convey a certain message better than most rappers, but he didnt have the skills that Biggie and Jay and Nas and some others had...
    It depends on who you ask. Most people would say your description of Pac is exactly why he is considered a step above all of those guys by many. To some, being able to write a verse that spoke to people rather than something that just sounded technical is a skill not many possess.

But I also think people look at Pac's music as unintended consequence, which it was not. He didn't appeal to people by mistake, he was a natural song writer with the ability to speak to people in ways only few can.

It all comes down to the listener and how you perceive what you hear. Personally, I'm more impressed by the ability to construct a great song than I am at rappers who go out of their way to display their skill, or lack thereof.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    Beatles were a world phenomenon. Ever see how nuts people went in those black and white clips? I don't think we've ever seen anything like that with any celebrity/musicians...

They also were pretty diverse with their music. Personally i hated they're top 40 stuff though that they are mostly known for(twist and shouts).

They also i believe started that genre of upbeat music, or something like that. I just remember reading somewhere they got a lot of flack with religious nuts calling it the 'devils music'....don't forget in those days religious nuts were like anti-dancing....even in the 80's they used to portray hard rock, and groups like ACDC or Def Lepard as satanists. Funny how things change, and how ignorant the religious extremists always are

Tupac was just another hip hop artist when he was alive. Its unbelievable the **** i hear about how legendary he is nowadays. I'm betting Kanye is going to have the same **** happen to him when he dies, and history will be reinvented again

i love u SMOKEE! you remind me of me when i was young

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    i love u SMOKEE! you remind me of me when i was young
    And yet he doesn't look a thing like Jesus