Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

Default Re: Gta 5 Announced!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Looks like we're headed back to Los Angeles. This pleases me. The mountainous region looked spectacular.

looks like theyve doe to san andreas what they did to liberty city in gta 4

should be pretty sweet, was still hoping for a completley new place but its GTA who cares!!!!

"why did I move here? i guess it was the weather"

lol i fvcking hate my stream

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    looks like theyve doe to san andreas what they did to liberty city in gta 4
    Yep, and I'm okay with that. I loved San Andreas as a location. Liberty City was very dense in GTA IV but limited in the sense that every part of the city was, well, city. A mega boost to the PS2 version of San Andreas could be out of this world. Beach, city, mountains, country, ghetto, Hollywood, I anticipate this title very much.

nba finals towel boy Kyle_korver's Avatar

I hope they bring back all the things San Andreas had .. Gta 4 even took out some of the cheats that are fun

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211341p1.html
    they trailer mainly showed los santos but apparently its the whole san andreas

If they have Claude, CJ and Tommy making cameos or being a huge part of the story I would buy just for the nostalgia.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

San Andreas was my favourite game in the series so I'm excited. I don't care if they are retreading a location. I trust GTA to have a very involving story, random fun stuff to do and if you've enjoyed the series so far, how could anyone not want to play this?

This is an instant pre-order for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    If they have Claude, CJ and Tommy making cameos or being a huge part of the story I would buy just for the nostalgia.
    I'm pretty sure i've read GTA 3, VC and SA were their own trilogy and going forward GTA 4 was unrelated from those games. Same as how GTA 1 and 2 are separate from the GTA 3 era games.

Hundreds of locations to choose from. And they've shown the ability to create amazing landscapes in games. Why San Andreas? I dont expect the game to be like San Andreas but we'll see familiar sites probably if people even remember San Andreas enough to compare. But it'll be much more detailed, broader than SA was back then. Like someone said Liberty City to GTA 4. Looks like the economy is going to be apart of the story. Seeing the homeless people, then seeing folks living the life, seeing a home being foreclosed it appeared, seeing a bank or jewlery robbery of some sort?

I wonder when this game will come out. Maybe not until next year. Isnt Rockstar putting out another game with Max Payne 3? I dont know how they go about dropping games. But that game will drop in March 2012. So I dont see them putting out GTA 5 early part of next year. Either next year this time or Bioshock 3 date ( )

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I'm pretty sure i've read GTA 3, VC and SA were their own trilogy and going forward GTA 4 was unrelated from those games. Same as how GTA 1 and 2 are separate from the GTA 3 era games.
    That's true, but I dont see why they would re-do a location where all of those guys live or had lived and they arent even the game. I thought by going back to San Andreas they decided against this one being unrelated. Plus, was their anything they could take other than gang names from GTA 1&2??? They didnt really have much character details or notable places.
    Last edited by PowerGlove; 11-02-2011 at 05:34 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

This game looks cool. Disappoint with only a minute 30 though. Better than nothing.

i can see some characters showing up, it just want be gta not to, eg. CJ might be rich and will be retired and happens to be the next door neighbour of the new guy lol

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Ballad of Gay Tony was an add on. We're talkin about GTA 4 before the 2 DLCs dropped. There were alot of things in Gay Tony that wasnt in GTA 4, the main story. Are you following or will you reference Ballad of Gay Tony once more? I can not play as Niko Belic and meet Brucie so we can jump off a building with parachutes. Now if you're going to tell me about hacks and mods? Smack yourself.
    wtf, but its STILL part of the game....

Home of the 16

Yo, CJ better make a cameo appearance in here...

I like what they had in the trailer, it feels complete... btw did anyone notice the first car they showed? I wish minds had condoms, cuz im being mind ****ed right now... THATS ****IN DOPE!

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gt...s_exposed.html

0.03 "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather. Or the... Ah, I don't know. That thing. That magic." Some people have suggested that our protagonist is Tommy Vercetti (due to the references to "retiring" - see below), but I'll wager a tenner that it isn't. That's not Ray Liotta's voice, for a start. And why would Vercetti move to San Andreas for "the weather"? He lives in sun-drenched Vice City.

0.06 Notice the dog on the beach. Not a big deal, but a first for the series nonetheless. Will we have to deal with guard dogs at some point?

0.18 He may not be Vercetti, but Our Guy sounds like he's an ex gangster - someone who wanted to retire from "what I was doing... that kind of work".

0.19 If I'm not mistaken, the branding on that jet-ski reads "Speedophile 2000".

0.30 If that's the "big house" our hero bought, he's got to already be a fairly wealthy guy. I'm convinced that money - greed and the economic downfall - will be a major theme of the game, so it'll be interesting to see how this affects the usual GTA "rags to riches" structure.

0.31 The road sign lists Little Seoul as a location, so expect Korean gangsters to make an appearance. Also, note that we've got a freeway to use. Between this and the mountain that appears earlier in the clip, you can be sure that we're going to get a wide variety of places to visit, San Andreas style.

0.36 Note the shredded poster for the store's "70 per cent off closing down" sale.

0.38 The skyscraper is being built by STD Contractors.

0.40 This is almost certainly the first glimpse of Our Guy. He's the same person leading the robbery five seconds later, and he can be spotted driving the car at 0.50.

0.41 Our Guy is talking about being a father, and says that his original dream involved "playing ball" with his kids, and "sitting in the sun". He also implies that this isn't the case now. It's a stretch, but this could mean that the Internet-obsessed teenager mentioned in the casting call is Our Guy's son.

0.42 That crop-duster more or less confirms that we'll get to fly planes this time around.

0.45 Another nice slogan, this time for Bugstars Pest Control: "We put the FU in fumigate." The van's license plate is registered to San Andreas, as if the setting were in dispute at this point.

0.51 - 0.55 A lot of people on the streets, followed by a house undergoing foreclosure. Make no mistake, this GTA 5 will be about the growing gap between the Haves and the Have-Nots. To emphasise the point, we have people living in tents at 0.59, followed by skyscrapers at 1.01.

0.58 The hobo's sign has been tactically smudged, but it appears to read: "Need money for beer, drugs [or possibly dex, as in dexedrine] and hooch. At least I'm not bullshitting you!"

1.01 The sign above the club appears to be advertising something called E.N.E.M.A. Lord knows what that is.

1.03 That blimp, seen here in the far left corner of the sky, makes several appearances in the trailer - including at the very end. Are we going to get in that thing?

released 24/05/12?

If you're unsure of the significance of '2405' or the date 24 May how about this: the soundtrack to the GTA 5 trailer, 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' by Small Faces was originally released on 24 May 1968.