Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

I love no matter how some of you try, you just can't say something nice about the Spurs. A bunch of Bill Walton's.

But anyways, The regular season has never mattered to the Spurs, as long as they get a spot in the playoffs, whether its high or low. It is true the top 3aren't what they were years ago. But give them some credit. Don't take away their Championship hopes yet. We have a alot of players that are under the radar and haven't made a splash yet. I really think the Spurs are gonna go big this year.

We aren't trading Parker, despite rumors. I'd give him another two years before that is really considered.

We aren't trading Manu, heard him say he wants to focus on this year with us.

And we wouldn't dream of trading Timmy, you know his ass is retiring with us.

So the big 3 is here to stay with the rest of our underrated team.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    funny because spurs fans are always saying amare sucks.
    he does suck at rebounding and blocking out and pretty much everything but scoring lol but his scoring is wild and hard to stop and the dunks he provides are momentum builders or momentum stoppers. im definately happy to see amare out of the west but hes definately not a player i would want he doesnt know how to play the game

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    11 Straight 50 win seasons so what makes you ish morons think there wont be another 50 win season after 11 straight?? ooo the old arguement?? cant use the old arguement anymore because we are younger then ever.. so what will the excuse this year be?? I had to make this thread because there is still ISH rejects thinking the spurs are absolutely done and old. morons keep sleepin on them another 50+ win season is coming to a tv near you.

2009-10 San Antonio 50 32 .610 2nd Southwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis

2008-09 San Antonio 54 28 .659 1st Southwest Division 1 4 .200 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
    2007-08 San Antonio 56 26 .683 2nd Southwest Division 9 8 .529 Lost West Conf Finals
    2006-07 San Antonio 58 24 .707 2nd Southwest Division 16 4 .800 Won NBA Finals
    2005-06 San Antonio 63 19 768 1st Southwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Semis
    2004-05 San Antonio 59 23 .720 1st Southwest Division 16 7 .696 Won NBA Finals
    2003-04 San Antonio 57 25 .695 2nd Midwest Division 6 4 .600 Lost West Conf Semis
    2002-03 San Antonio 60 22 .732 1st Midwest Division 16 9 .640 Won NBA Finals
    2001-02 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis
    2000-01 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Finals
    1999-00 San Antonio 53 29 .646 2nd Midwest Division 1 3 .250 Lost West Conf 1st Rd

The true BIG 3 are out for blood this year.
    of course they will win 50 games nxt yr thats the only way u can go to the playoffs in the western conf.

anyways they are always a threat but they're no longer the alpha male anymore and this nxt season might be their last chance at a run at the title

Sorry, I'm LMFAO at this thread........WTF are you thinking......geez, Who gives a crap about the Spurs, they are too old and are flat out DONE.
    Aren't you the same guy who said getting Jefferson made you the team to beat last year..
    Fk that boring azz team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually hit open layups CelticsFan34's Avatar

They'll be a strong team again this year, I'd put them as probably the 3rd best team in the west. I just can't see them beating out the Lakers in a playoff series.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

If Splitter comes in and is a stud like advertised he can take time off of Timmy and if Anderson is good enough maybe he can take time off of Manu's legs.

And then if everything comes together then we can make quite a run in the playoffs because Tim Duncan is still Tim Duncan.

But those are two huge as ifs. I think 50 wins is gonna happen and I think playoffs are happening but I think Tiago is two years too late.

Spurs front office is sleeping on themselves.

Look at all the free agents already gone to other teams.

What is the plan for the Spurs? Go with what they got + Splitter?

Bet the ranch Spurs will fail again this year, they have not even tried to compete.
    Last edited by DixieNourmous; 07-23-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    11 Straight 50 win seasons so what makes you ish morons think there wont be another 50 win season after 11 straight?? ooo the old arguement?? cant use the old arguement anymore because we are younger then ever.. so what will the excuse this year be?? I had to make this thread because there is still ISH rejects thinking the spurs are absolutely done and old. morons keep sleepin on them another 50+ win season is coming to a tv near you.

2009-10 San Antonio 50 32 .610 2nd Southwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis

2008-09 San Antonio 54 28 .659 1st Southwest Division 1 4 .200 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
    2007-08 San Antonio 56 26 .683 2nd Southwest Division 9 8 .529 Lost West Conf Finals
    2006-07 San Antonio 58 24 .707 2nd Southwest Division 16 4 .800 Won NBA Finals
    2005-06 San Antonio 63 19 768 1st Southwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Semis
    2004-05 San Antonio 59 23 .720 1st Southwest Division 16 7 .696 Won NBA Finals
    2003-04 San Antonio 57 25 .695 2nd Midwest Division 6 4 .600 Lost West Conf Semis
    2002-03 San Antonio 60 22 .732 1st Midwest Division 16 9 .640 Won NBA Finals
    2001-02 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis
    2000-01 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Finals
    1999-00 San Antonio 53 29 .646 2nd Midwest Division 1 3 .250 Lost West Conf 1st Rd

The true BIG 3 are out for blood this year.
    whatever pills you're taking, cut the dose to half

Banned

sorry i can't take them seriously with Jefferson on the team

Well whatever I guess if you want to sleep on them, its quite alright. I see we have some things to prove.

Duncan and Ginobili are already in their mid 30's. The Spurs had regressed defensively last season. Splitter is a good addition.

if the suns face the spurs again in the playoffs suns can bench all players and leave dragic out there to finish them off

NBA rookie of the year

Imagine actually sleeping on the Spurs. It would probably be uncomfortable. Shit would be all lumpy and smelly. You'd have Tim Duncan's elbow in your back or you'd wake up in the middle of the night and Manu would be millimeters away from your face breathing too heavily and gently poking you with his huge nose.

An unpleasant night's sleep, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Imagine actually sleeping on the Spurs. It would probably be uncomfortable. Shit would be all lumpy and smelly. You'd have Tim Duncan's elbow in your back or you'd wake up in the middle of the night and Manu would be millimeters away from your face breathing too heavily and gently poking you with his huge nose.

An unpleasant night's sleep, I reckon.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan24
    ha how do you come up with this calculation? of course the *purs have a chance, every team in the NBA has a chance no matter how minuscule it is.
    How many times have two teams everyone predicted would meet in the finals, has that actually happened? How often have they both been #1 seeds at the end of the year? And I'm talking about teams that were already proven. . .the Heat are not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where those odds come from. They're very low.

Quote Originally Posted by alanLA92
    this nxt season might be their last chance at a run at the title
    Not really. They have 3 years left. Less of a chance each year, but they'll still have a better chance than 2/3rds of the league over those 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Sorry, I'm LMFAO at this thread........WTF are you thinking......geez, Who gives a crap about the Spurs, they are too old and are flat out DONE.
    Aren't you the same guy who said getting Jefferson made you the team to beat last year..
    Fk that boring azz team!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like you're living in the past. Spurs haven't been "too old" since they stopped resigning Finley and Horry. They only have 3 players who are over 30. One of those three is a bench player. Everyone else is 25 and under besides one player who's 28. You clearly don't know shit about that team.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticsFan34
    They'll be a strong team again this year, I'd put them as probably the 3rd best team in the west. I just can't see them beating out the Lakers in a playoff series.
    I agree. They either have to be fortunate and hope the Lakers have at least a minor injury to Gasol or Kobe. . .or they have to be on fire and 100% healthy in the WCF and also have had players like Splitter and Jefferson pan out properly. Or an outburst series from Blair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Duncan and Ginobili are already in their mid 30's. The Spurs had regressed defensively last season. Splitter is a good addition.
    Manu was 32 last season, and Duncan was 33. . .how is that mid 30s? Isn't that early 30s? >_> McDyess is mid 30s though. He's the only truly "old" player on the team. Everyone else was under 30 last year. Most 25 or under.

Spurs regressed defensively ever since Bowen left and they for some insane reason stopped signing centers who could play D'. They finally addressed that issue this offseason. . .though I guess they were just hoping Splitter would stop playing in Spain the whole time. They stopped signing centers right around when they drafted Splitter. Things might've looked differently the last couple seasons if Splitter signed with SA right away. 12/8 with good D' wouldn't have been bad rather than Matt Bonner.

Losing Bowen + having Bonner on the floor is what killed their defense. Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker (especially Ginobili) are still very good defensively.