Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Wells to Charlotte? Could happen/Info on Ely.

Is Bonzi Wells in the Charlotte Bobcats' future?

Bobcats coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff confirmed Tuesday he plans discussions with Wells' representatives sometime this week to gauge the free-agent swingman's interest in signing here.

Wells, 30, averaged 13.6 points and 7.7 rebounds last season for the Sacramento Kings. He's also been linked to the Houston Rockets, Denver Nuggets and Miami Heat. Since scoring at the wing positions is a clear need for the Bobcats, Wells' skill set would be a good fit. Also, the Bobcats are several million under the salary cap, so they could seemingly make a competitive offer.

The greater question is a roster spot. The Bobcats already have 15 players under contract, plus a qualifying offer of about $3 million to restricted free agent Melvin Ely. Bickerstaff indicated that resolving Ely's situation probably takes precedence over any other move between now and the start of training camp Tuesday in Wilmington.
-----------
Bonzi is a pretty good player. Maybe we can pull of a S&T With Ely and Burleson or some 12 man. It's possible. Can't say I don't want to see it happen.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Is Bonzi Wells in the Charlotte Bobcats' future? .............
Maybe we can pull of a S&T With Ely and Burleson or some 12 man. It's possible. Can't say I don't want to see it happen.

I was also wondering where the Cats would fit Wells into the line-up given the roster is already at 15 men plus Melvin. Question is-----is any other team interested in any of the Cats??? I would agree that trading Burleson would likely hurt the Cats less than trading any other players. I guess we'll see, huh! I think that the only advantage for Wells if he does come to Charlotte is that it's probably the only team that would sign him to a contract longer than one year.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:41 AM   #3
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Is Bonzi Wells in the Charlotte Bobcats' future?

Bobcats coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff confirmed Tuesday he plans discussions with Wells' representatives sometime this week to gauge the free-agent swingman's interest in signing here.

Wells, 30, averaged 13.6 points and 7.7 rebounds last season for the Sacramento Kings. He's also been linked to the Houston Rockets, Denver Nuggets and Miami Heat. Since scoring at the wing positions is a clear need for the Bobcats, Wells' skill set would be a good fit. Also, the Bobcats are several million under the salary cap, so they could seemingly make a competitive offer.

The greater question is a roster spot. The Bobcats already have 15 players under contract, plus a qualifying offer of about $3 million to restricted free agent Melvin Ely. Bickerstaff indicated that resolving Ely's situation probably takes precedence over any other move between now and the start of training camp Tuesday in Wilmington.
-----------
Bonzi is a pretty good player. Maybe we can pull of a S&T With Ely and Burleson or some 12 man. It's possible. Can't say I don't want to see it happen.

Bonzi, Adam, Gerald and Emeka....Oooooh Weee! I'd be scared to play you guys if I was any NBA team. Bonzi would give you guys a vetrean, a scoring guard who can give you 25-30 a night and another member of the headband squad, LOL. If you got the right center to go with that, Charlotte would be a playoff team that would scare the hell out of anybody. Miami included.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I was also wondering where the Cats would fit Wells into the line-up given the roster is already at 15 men plus Melvin. Question is-----is any other team interested in any of the Cats??? I would agree that trading Burleson would likely hurt the Cats less than trading any other players. I guess we'll see, huh! I think that the only advantage for Wells if he does come to Charlotte is that it's probably the only team that would sign him to a contract longer than one year.
or the cats could just waive burleson n whoever else is neccessary that they pay <$1M n sign wells directly
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
Bonzi, Adam, Gerald and Emeka....Oooooh Weee! I'd be scared to play you guys if I was any NBA team. Bonzi would give you guys a vetrean, a scoring guard who can give you 25-30 a night and another member of the headband squad, LOL. If you got the right center to go with that, Charlotte would be a playoff team that would scare the hell out of anybody. Miami included.
you forgot about felton who's pretty close 2 chris paul talent wise, but I don't think wells is a 25-30 guy, maybe 15-20....it's not like this will b his team n everyone else can't score or will b lookin @ him - morrison is a gifted scorer, so is felton, plus I don't think he could score that many if he did have free reign.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: