Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #16
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm liking this road trip for the lakers

4-0 so far. I have to laugh, as I heard a Spurs announcer say about a month ago that The Lakers would come back to the pack with all the road games they'd have to play. When exactly is that going to happen?
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #17
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Laker
4-0 so far. I have to laugh, as I heard a Spurs announcer say about a month ago that The Lakers would come back to the pack with all the road games they'd have to play. When exactly is that going to happen?

I hope not lately... cause they have a real shot at going undefeated on this trip... and I was suprised to hear that no one has gone 7 and 0 on a trip before...
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #18
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life
I hope not lately... cause they have a real shot at going undefeated on this trip... and I was suprised to hear that no one has gone 7 and 0 on a trip before...
shhhhhhhhhhh... dang it now you went an jinxed them... i knew this little tid bit of info a couple weeks ago and didn't want to post it...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #19
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
shhhhhhhhhhh... dang it now you went an jinxed them... i knew this little tid bit of info a couple weeks ago and didn't want to post it...lol

Quit talkin' crazy man... Quit talkin' crazee...

I dun made an appointment with a Vodoo Practitioner... and we Iz bout to take care of all the teamz in this trip...I told dah witchy ladey to do the unjinxy thing she do... and we iz gonna get thru, with flyin' collaz

If you see any wild dumb play (by the O-Poe-nintz) on the rest of dah road, and zome freaky occurances... youz gonna be recognizing the voddo that we do.

We gotz to get dah road record by any meanz necessary!
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life
Quit talkin' crazy man... Quit talkin' crazee...

I dun made an appointment with a Vodoo Practitioner... and we Iz bout to take care of all the teamz in this trip...I told dah witchy ladey to do the unjinxy thing she do... and we iz gonna get thru, with flyin' collaz

If you see any wild dumb play (by the O-Poe-nintz) on the rest of dah road, and zome freaky occurances... youz gonna be recognizing the voddo that we do.

We gotz to get dah road record by any meanz necessary!

too much cold medicine?
Old 03-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #21
Lakers73
I airball my layups

Lakers73 has an OK reputation so far

I really think we can go 7-0!!!
Lakers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers73
I really think we can go 7-0!!!
6 and 1? lol
Old 03-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
6 and 1? lol

lol, nice... when plans fail, go back and revise.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #24
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6-1 would be considered a very good road trip with all the travelling and a few back to backs e.t.c..time to re focus and get the job done. Homecourt throughout seems a lost cause now but Lakers need to focus on just getting back to playing great ball heading into the playoffs.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #25
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

On 3/24/09:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll
So 5 games in 7 days (with 2 B2B's) with travel in between each game isn't of concern?

I understand optimism and all, but if that scenario doesn't give you reason for concern, what does?

The Lakers had a good second half in Chicago, but the first half was putrid and that was the first game of the trip. After some of the recent games they have played (Philly especially last week), they're not exactly on a roll. Very inconsistent at best and honestly kind of shaky and streaky at best.

I think they need to manage things very carefully to come back with a good result. If they manage 5-2, they should be thrilled. Charlotte is playing better. Atlanta can be very tough at home. Detroit could easily put together a good game against us. OKC? Not likely, but they have put down some upsets this year. One game at a time and take care of themselves in between, get plenty of rest.

They will all be gunning for us too, especially the teams not looking at the playoffs. A home victory against the Lakers would something for them to hang their hat on for next season.

The boys are looking pretty haggard and tired. I wonder if the fact that the Lakers have been relatively injury free has contributed to their apparent malaise. Along with a finals run last year, a full Olympic run to the finals for two of our top players and then a full season with most of our guys playing a lot of games, it could just be that they are burnt and tired.

Going 5-2 on this trip is decent considering the state of things. I think they can go ahead and concede the HCA and get some rest for the starters and hopefully Bynum can start practicing soon and be reintegrated back into the team as soon as possible.

'Uplifting' thought of the day: Bynum is living proof that powerlifting Playboy bunnies has far more therapeutic value than originally suspected

And for all the people that like to point out the Cavs weaknesses and vulnerability; the Cavs are kicking butt and taking names right now. They are peaking at the right time, and they are getting very good at closing out teams and getting the "W" and that is why they are my pick to make it out of the east this year. The way life works, I'll now probably have to eat those words , oh well
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #26
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

5 of their remaining 7 games left are at home, which is a positive that will hopefully get the lakers some rest. also, if they win the next couple of games, i expect that they will try to get even more rest for kobe/pau, particularly if bynum is ramping up. lets hope they finish the season on a positive with a higher level of energy, heart and focus.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #27
gts
Sons of Antartica

Homeward bound
By Elliott Teaford

Quote:
MILWAUKEE -- The Lakers' longest trip of the season is history. They went 5-2 during their seven-game trek to play Chicago, Oklahoma City, Detroit, New Jersey, Atlanta, Charlotte and Milwaukee. They have seven regular-season games remaining and a lengthy to-do list to check off before starting the playoffs later this month.

First, they must recapture the style of play that carried them to the best record in the Western Conference. It was on display only in brief spurts during the trip. it disappeared entirely at other times, including during their losses to Atlanta and Charlotte. They moved the ball better and played better defense tonight, but they're still a work in progress.

Second, they must find some time to rest before the playoffs begin. Coach Phil Jackson said he was undecided about when to give his starters a break. Pau Gasol, in particular, has been logging heavy minutes since Andrew Bynum injured his knee Jan. 31. Gasol played almost 43 minutes tonight. He's averaging a team-leading 37:07.

Third, they must get Bynum back on the practice court and then into a few games before the end of the regular season April 14. Bynum could be the key to their success in the postseason. He might not be a starter, as Jackson suggested a few weeks ago, but he adds another weapon whenever he's on the floor.

Fourth, Jackson wants the Lakers to reach 60 wins. He was hoping it would happen during the trip, but they only got as far as 59. He also wants them to finish the regular season with the league's best road record. The Lakers improved to 28-11 with tonight's 104-98 victory over Milwaukee. They have two road games remaining.
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/
Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far

Well, certain players on the bench are well rested...
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: