Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Put yr guns up

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    You'll already HAVE 4-5 million. It's called the MLE. When you are over the cap, you get that. Not when you are under.
    I suppose, but if the intent it is to get over the cap, adding Jeffries salary might not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    You honestly believe Rockets aren't resigning Scola? Are you kidding me?
    It does seem impossible, but it is the right thing to do. I love the guy, but he's getting old, and Landry is outperforming him.

2011 is the date Rockets should target. Yao, Battier, Landry, and JEFFRIES would be all off the books and Rockets could be TRUE free agent players. Not next year......
    The cap will most likely drop again, there are not as many players available, Landry and Lowry will both need new deals, so that isn't a particular ideal situation either.

Also, the Rockets have a chance to WIN, RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't you want to win? Rockets need size in Miller and Jared. Miller helps Rockets tremendously for playoffs. Don't you even want to TRY to win???? Amazing......
    We already have Miller, his name is David Andersen. Jared is a pile of dog sh.t and wouldn't get any minutes.

Put yr guns up

Hmm, I didn't know all that about the cap, thanks. Still, it's a terrible trade simply from a BASKETBALL standpoint.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

ok how are we gonna be over if we get rid of 24 million dollars???

Dec 29 update: the Rockets officially confirmed today that T-Mac will be inactive while they seek to trade him: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5202

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    Hmm, I didn't know all that about the cap, thanks. Still, it's a terrible trade simply from a BASKETBALL standpoint.
    From a financial standpoint it isn't. The Rockets are over the luxury tax as of now and I'm sure we want to get under it. This deal, although not the greatest, accomplishes two things with the players we get.

First of all, Brad Miller is nice insurance to have for the remainder of the season. He is a great passer, a good shooter and a decent rebounder. He also brings veteran savvy and also gives us a good option just in case one of our other big men get injured. His salary comes off the books this summer and we don't have to worry about him after this season.

Jeffries, although not a great player, will also give us length and more depth. Even if we don't play him, his contract is valuable for next season since it is small. Usually with bigger contracts, it is a lot tougher to find buyers, but with a contract such as Jeffries it is a nice sized contract that we can dump on some team next season that might be looking for financial relief.

We aren't going to be signing any key free agents this season unless we have good pieces for a sign and trade. Jeffries provides such an option for a sign and trade since his contract is relatively small and expiring. Attached that with other young pieces in this team and you might have a better chance at grabbing an all star talent.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    It does seem impossible, but it is the right thing to do. I love the guy, but he's getting old, and Landry is outperforming him.
    Yeah I know the guy is 29 going on 40.
    And man, when he loses all that athletic ability and isn't outjumping everyone for rebounds or leaving defenders in the dust with his lightning speed anymore it's gonna be ugly.

More seriously Scola is a stud and resigning him is mandatory.

"Well, the reviews are in and people can't stop talking about Bagelred's surprise hit....THREE WAY TRADE: The Tracy McGrady story!!!"

Great trade for all teams involved. Well done. Knicks101
    Bagelred, that was one of the best trades you have ever suggested.

I like it, I really like it. Good job Bagel.....ElPigto
    That actually might be one of the best trade suggestions on ISH so far. Good work, Bagel! soadrules
    Bagel. This is a very good trade...... Bano114
    That trade is amazing Bagelred. Maniak
    I loved it!!! 4 stars!!!! Bagelred is a visionary in hypothetical trade scenarios that will set the standard for years to come. Roger Ebert
    That was my idea!!! You stole it!!!! Hawkfan
    This trade sucks. Nate Robinson is awesome. I hate you Bagelred. I'm licking my balls. Poodle

So find out what eeeeeeeeeeeveryone's talking about this winter.

THREE WAY TRADE: The Tracy McGrady story!!! Read it!!! Today!!!!

"I LIKE TO EAT: The Eddy Curry Story", sold separately.
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-29-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Well, if Knicks101 said it, it must be true! Get it done guys!

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Dec 29 update: the Rockets officially confirmed today that T-Mac will be inactive while they seek to trade him: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5202
    Rockets are stupid, this is not the way at trading a player.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

couldnt have said it better myself... glad not all rocket fans have lost it.

Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

I don't think anybody has worse ears than McGrady. Sorry Rocket fans, but this guy just does not know how to listen, I really think it's best for both sides to be done with one another.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I know, it makes our side look bad. I really think both sides have handled themselves wrong, but I really feel the Rockets organization should have been cordial about the whole thing. I have a feel Rick Adelman let his feelings get in his way way too much. Of course, T-Mac is to blame as well. Especially after last year.

A pretty darn good analysis on whether McGrady will be traded or not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...rady-situation

I seriously recommend anybody who's making trade proposals for T-mac (ahem bagelred) to read this article.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    A pretty darn good analysis on whether McGrady will be traded or not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...rady-situation

I seriously recommend anybody who's making trade proposals for T-mac (ahem bagelred) to read this article.
    Morey also adamantly said he will not buyout McGrady. Let's see him disgrace TMac, their beloved franchise player, by not playing him AND not trading him. You think that's gonna happen?

It's either a buyout, which Morey just said won't happen, or a trade, which Morey said he'll try to do. Which is more likely?

They did that to McGrady for the past 2 months, and just sent him home for 2 games. There's no reason why Morey must make a trade, if what he gets in return is garbage. Why should there only be 2 options, a buyout or trade? He could easily just sit on McGrady's contract and just let it expire. Hell, in the article, it made the point that the Jazz tried to trade Boozer as much as possible, but guess what, he's still with them.