Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: Bonzi and M. James to NO for B. Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Bonzi is probably more trouble than he is worth so they should turn this trade down.
    Dude, that is so played out it's not even funny........Bonzi got unfairly wrapped up in the "Jailblazer" scene when he didn't even get involved in hardly any off the court issues.

Outside of him and JVG not being on the same page He's been nothing, but a model citizen in Houston and he'll be a productive bench player in NOLA.........if he's so much trouble and y'all don't want him, then send his ass back, because quite frankly I'm tired of Houston giving hand outs to New Orleans.

First we let y'all over take the city
    Then we gift wrap the most hyped player to come out of the NFL draft in the last 15 years (although that one kinda backfired on y'all)

and

now, we throw away a productive rotation guy to a team that has absolutely no depth for nothing, but peanuts and one year shaved off Mike James' contract and then Hornet fans are just going to bi[COLOR="Black"]t[/COLOR]ch about it.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Hornets fans, tell me: How much does Jackson have left in the tank?
    He was a big part of the win last night against the Mavs. But Bonzi will bring something to the Hornets that they need...someone coming off the bench to help West guard against Kobe.

Dwight Howard for MVP Dwight_Howard12's Avatar

IMO this is the second worst trade this year(if it happens) after the Pau - Kwame trade.

So who replaces Bonzi? He was our only guard with size that had game. Wish it would have been Kirk but oh well. Something tells me there is another trade in the works? Because it doesn't make much sense to give up a big part of our bench. At least we got rid of Mike James' contract.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    So who replaces Bonzi? He was our only guard with size that had game. Wish it would have been Kirk but oh well. Something tells me there is another trade in the works? Because it doesn't make much sense to give up a big part of our bench.
    Bonzi also plays the small forward position and power forward position when the Rockets go small.

This makes no sense, Bonzi is a good defender and rebounder.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    now, we throw away a productive rotation guy to a team that has absolutely no depth for nothing, but peanuts and one year shaved off Mike James' contract and then Hornet fans are just going to bi[COLOR="Black"]t[/COLOR]ch about it.
    You wont hear me b@#chin about it. I think its a great deal for Hornets. I think Bonzi will fit in just fine down here. As far as the comment about people overtaking Houston...sorry about your 2-cent luck. We are trying to rebuild a whole city, stop complaining about a little population surge.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Here's my question about this deal:

Rockets are hot, the hornets are in 1st place, so why tinker with key role players? Roster flexibility for future seasons? This is a tight race with two CONTENDERS (making playoffs), so why make these moves right NOW? It's not like they are on the way down and need to make changes, rather it's quite the opposite.
    Well, Houston' position is misleading. Not "hot". The org is in season-long stasis.

If you really consider the rockets in relation to the other top West teams, they really are not going anywhere this year. Sooner or later you have to get rid of the team's negative players before the real winning can start. Might as well move James (a liability in so many ways) and Bonzi and start the process for next year.

NO - not sure why they would take those two. Maybe they think they can get 3 months of excited motivated ball out of them?
    Last edited by Good Old Willy; 02-21-2008 at 11:03 AM.

@ Rockets fans being so mad that they're turning this into a New Orleans vs Houston thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther

First we let y'all over take the city
    Then we gift wrap the most hyped player to come out of the NFL draft in the last 15 years (although that one kinda backfired on y'all)

and

now, we throw away a productive rotation guy to a team that has absolutely no depth for nothing, but peanuts and one year shaved off Mike James' contract and then Hornet fans are just going to bi[COLOR=Black]t[/COLOR]ch about it.

Didn't the Rockets just trade for Mike James this past off season?

Is Pat Riley the GM in Houston too?

:)

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
    NO - not sure why they would take those two. Maybe they think they can get 3 months of excited motivated ball out of them?
    well, first, I bet bonzi is glad he took that player's option for this year but hey at least they are being moved to a contender.

and james isnt trash. he can be a good defender (remember him and lindsey as the "bulldogs" off the bench in 04?) and he can fill it up. He could be a nice change of pace and can play the 2 as well. I think this is a very good trade for NO, not sure for the rox other than losing a guy who didnt play much (james). DO they have a backup wing now?

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    well, first, I bet bonzi is glad he took that player's option for this year but hey at least they are being moved to a contender.

and james isnt trash. he can be a good defender (remember him and lindsey as the "bulldogs" off the bench in 04?) and he can fill it up. He could be a nice change of pace and can play the 2 as well. I think this is a very good trade for NO, not sure for the rox other than losing a guy who didnt play much (james). DO they have a backup wing now?
    Well doesn't point-center T-Mac play all the positions? :)

Regarding James, yes I remember his D. All too well. In the past when he was motivated, healthy and quick, he SOMETIMES was an ok defender. Today James is trash and his defense is horrible. Add the contract, personality issues, wild shooting, inconsistency, uncoachability...

Lastly he lost the starting job in Houston to Alston (ALSTON!!!) another chucking attitude guy, who happens to be one of the worst defensive players in the league not in his rookie or soph year.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I don't understand this trade, its really stupid trade for Houston but good trade for NO.

Evidently just turned official.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5557996.html

NO got a rediculous steal. Jackson was good when he was on the kings...not so much after that.

The move was evidently so the Rockets could get under the luxury tax
    Last edited by Dbrog; 02-21-2008 at 01:04 PM.

In order to make the trade work under salary cap rules, New Orleans had to sign George Mikan to a $5million contract. He has to report to Houston.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Evidently just turned official.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5557996.html

NO got a rediculous steal. Jackson was good when he was on the kings...not so much after that.
    nah, thats been up since last night (1:12 am apparently). Same old unconfirmed confirmation