Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    This is certainly true. But I am just saying that during the series, Pianigiani was the better coach. To me, Siena is the 2nd best team in Europe at the moment. So it will take a lot for Olympiacos to win them, especially with no home court advantage.

And although Ivkovic is a great coach obviously, so is Pianigiani, so I really do not see any coaching advantage to be honest. Ivkovic is better at drawing up plays for sure, but Pianigiani is better at in game adjustments, and they are both are great at preparing a team. So I don't see a lot of coaching advantage there.
    I think Ivkovic is GOAT coach so I also think there is coaching advantage . You forget that Oly players will be more motivated and that they lost only 1 game at home . That means that if they win one in Siena they have big chances of winning 2 at home .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I dont know . I read at Serbian sport sites that Obradovic awnsered fans questions and they translated some , thats all I know .
    I will look at it. I haven't read that site in a long time.

I think Ivkovic is GOAT coach so I also think there is coaching advantage . You forget that Oly players will be more motivated and that they lost only 1 game at home . That means that if they win one in Siena they have big chances of winning 2 at home .
    True. The 2-2-1 5 game series is very tricky for the team with home advantage. If they lose one of the first 2 home games, then they can get in trouble.

Panathinaikos destroying Maccabi so far.

PAO is destroying Maccabi .

Maccabi has been spending all year in such a crappy leagues like Adriatic and Israel that I think they forget what it is like against really good teams after a long Euroleague lay off.

I mean they play not even a single decent club in those two leagues. The level of play in Adriatic League is like 3 levels below a level against a club like PAO.

So it's natural for this IMO. A long lay off from Euroleague would have them out of rhythm. While on the other hand, PAO has played Olympiacos twice recently, and they games went down to the last possession of the game.

So they were fully prepared for the level of Euroleague playoffs and Maccabi wasn't.

With that being said though, clear problems of Maccabi were exposed in this game. They lack a good point guard. Ohayon is a nice player, but he should be playing as a 10-15 minute secondary option at PG.

Papaloukas can only guard the 3 now, so he's not an option there. Mallett is not a player for a club like Macacbi.

Then their front court is way too small. They just have Sofo with good size. Hendrix, James, Eliyahu are too undersized and were just demolished inside on defense by the big front line of PAO.

I am not sure what Blatt was thinking with this way he built Maccabi. Too small in the front court and no real first tier point guard in the team.

Of course last year, Olympiacos won game 1 by 48 against Siena and lost the next three games, but they had 3 main players injured in the process.

It looks like if PAO just stays healthy that they have this. They just have to win the home games, and Maccabi looked terrified in OAKA.

As far as UNICS and Barca...........Barca has no energy this year. The way they are playing right now they could not beat either Siena or Olympiacos at the semifinals.

They have that same look they had in ACB Finals in 2010 against Baskonia and last year in the playoffs against PAO. Like they are old and tired and have no energy.

They play like this in the semifinal and they will lose, regardless of which team of Siena or Olympiacos goes through.

Maccabi has been spending all year in such a crappy leagues like Adriatic and Israel that I think they forget what it is like against really good teams after a long Euroleague lay off.

I mean they play not even a single decent club in those two leagues. The level of play in Adriatic League is like 3 levels below a level against a club like PAO.

So it's natural for this IMO. A long lay off from Euroleague would have them out of rhythm. While on the other hand, PAO has played Olympiacos twice recently, and they games went down to the last possession of the game.

So they were fully prepared for the level of Euroleague playoffs and Maccabi wasn't.

With that being said though, clear problems of Maccabi were exposed in this game. They lack a good point guard. Ohayon is a nice player, but he should be playing as a 10-15 minute secondary option at PG.

Papaloukas can only guard the 3 now, so he's not an option there. Mallett is not a player for a club like Macacbi.

Then their front court is way too small. They just have Sofo with good size. Hendrix, James, Eliyahu are too undersized and were just demolished inside on defense by the big front line of PAO.

I am not sure what Blatt was thinking with this way he built Maccabi. Too small in the front court and no real first tier point guard in the team.

Of course last year, Olympiacos won game 1 by 48 against Siena and lost the next three games, but they had 3 main players injured in the process.

It looks like if PAO just stays healthy that they have this. They just have to win the home games, and Maccabi looked terrified in OAKA.
    Adriatic league isnt that bad , its one of the best leagues in Europe . There are some good teams that play in Euroleague and Eurocup . Partizan is one of the best clubs in Europe and Maccabi lost in Pionir this season so they arent going to win Adriatic league easy . Maccabi playing bad is giving me hope that Partizan ( since Dominic James came Partizan is playing a lot better than they did at start of the season , if they played like this from the start of the season they would be in top 16 and could fight to make the playoffs ) will win ABA league again . I agree with you that Maccabi isnt built good .

Adriatic league isnt that bad , its one of the best leagues in Europe . There are some good teams that play in Euroleague and Eurocup . Partizan is one of the best clubs in Europe and Maccabi lost in Pionir this season so they arent going to win Adriatic league easy . Maccabi playing bad is giving me hope that Partizan ( since Dominic James came Partizan is playing a lot better than they did at start of the season , if they played like this from the start of the season they would be in top 16 and could fight to make the playoffs ) will win ABA league again . I agree with you that Maccabi isnt built good .
    Adriatic League is terrible.

Adriatic League is terrible.
    what leagues are better ?

LOL v-span mad

MSP 66 OLY 58 END OF 3RD

EDIT: clash between v-span and his head coach

-
    Last edited by zizozain; 03-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    LOL v-span mad

MSP 66 OLY 58 END OF 3RD

EDIT: clash between v-span and his head coach

-
    what happend ? I wish this game was on TV .

what happend ? I wish this game was on TV .
    v-span wan't playing well ... coach took him out both were not happy .. then
    a great comeback without v-span .. oly won 82-75

Olympiacos was unbelievable against Siena...........

Even with the refs doing everything they could to help Siena and about 5 phantom or wrong fouls on Spanoulis, which was obviously intended to fix the game by the refs they STILL won, even with Andersen having easily the game of his whole life.

Even overcame a 10 point deficit late in the game.........

DAMN what a game by them. I am a PAO fan but that was epic. All time classic in Olympiacos history.

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    v-span wan't playing well ... coach took him out both were not happy .. then
    a great comeback without v-span .. oly won 82-75
    What? You didn't watch the game if you think that is true. The refs were calling phantom fouls all over on Spanoulis, obviously trying to rig the game. His coach was not unhappy with him, he just shook his head in disbelief at the refs. He was not taken out of the game by Ivkovic, he fouled out due to about 3 non existent calls by the refs.

The last of which was beyond absurd.

This was Lakers - Kings 2002 Western Conference Finals game 6 level rigging by the Italian mafioso refs. And Olympiacos STILL won.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-21-2012 at 06:07 PM.