Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Hoboken Mayor Zimmer accuses Christie of threatening to withhold Sandy relief.

Suspect timing.

A damning accusation, but suspect timing. Especially after she was such a strong supporter of his in the past. Whether she's telling the truth right now or not If I was a Jersey voter I'd have a problem with her.

I'm down with HRC

Default Re: Hoboken Mayor Zimmer accuses Christie of threatening to withhold Sandy relief.

What's the suspect about the timing? Just because it's after the bridge thing?

Default Re: Hoboken Mayor Zimmer accuses Christie of threatening to withhold Sandy relief.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    What's the suspect about the timing? Just because it's after the bridge thing?
    Yes. If she's telling the truth she should have spoken up back when it allegedly happened. I'm not saying she's lying necessarily but if we assume she isn't lying then what's her excuse for waiting? Shouldn't she expose them immediately?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Oh look at that, she's a Democrat.

She said she didn't think anyone would believe her at the time they happened.

When I first heard that Hoboken just less than 1% of they asked for last week, my first thought was what did other cities get? This was before the mayor came forward, because Hoboken was devastated and them getting a small amount set off alarm bells for me.

They were underwater for a long time. Hoboken is also fairly economically important as a lot of New Yorkers work there. I used to use this station

So if any Jersey city needed Harm Reduction funds it was Hoboken. So if other towns got way more money than Hoboken, something has to be up.

The Lt. Governor of NJ has come forward and said the claims are "false and illogical."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Another possible motive. And Christie has plenty of Republican enemies as well. There are pols on both sides want to take him out of the Presidential race early.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    She said she didn't think anyone would believe her at the time they happened.
    That really isn't a good enough excuse. It makes her sound weak at best.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Yes. If she's telling the truth she should have spoken up back when it allegedly happened. I'm not saying she's lying necessarily but if we assume she isn't lying then what's her excuse for waiting? Shouldn't she expose them immediately?
    Possibly because she didn't have evidence then and would've came off as being slanderous and it could've ruined her reputation. Now that there's steam and an investigation underway, she's trying to attach herself to it to possibly get evidence.

Ofcourse this is all hypothetical and she could just be just making herself more popular.

As a former Jersey resident, I don't really have a problem with it. I don't even mind Christie, I think he did fairly well when I was living there. However, he does come off as a vindictive and selfish guy. I'm not surprised by all this.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    That really isn't a good enough excuse. It makes her sound weak at best.
    But it doesn't mean it's not true right? She can be telling the truth and be weak.

When I asked what was suspect, I was thinking this is like one of those sexual harassment scandals. Where one woman comes forward and then a bunch come forward after that initial claim.

This just happened in San Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    When I asked what was suspect, I was thinking this is like one of those sexual harassment scandals. Where one woman comes forward and then a bunch come forward after that initial claim.

This just happened in San Jose.
    It was the Democratic mayor of San Diego. First it was three, then four more came out and made it seven.

I think it got as high as 18

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Possibly because she didn't have evidence then and would've came off as being slanderous and it could've ruined her reputation. Now that there's steam and an investigation underway, she's trying to attach herself to it to possibly get evidence.
    So far there are no emails. The Mayor says it was conversation in a parking lot.

I was going to say this makes these guys much better at this than the bridge crew that left a paper trail.....then I realized we only have the paper trail after they denied it for months. It was the subpoenas that produced the paper trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    That defense is only going to last as long it takes a Republican pal of Christie to get immunity.

Team Giuliani has come out for Christie. Rudy is calling all this a partisan witchunt. David Sampson, the Port Authority guy who was Christie's political mentor just hired Michael Chertoff as his defense lawyer who in addition to being the former head of Homeland Security worked with Giuliani in the US attorneys office.