Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Default Eminem shouts out Kool Keith

Monster - featuring Rihanna off MMLP2.

It was like winning a used mink
    Ironic cause I think I'm getting so huge I need a shrink
    I'm beginning to lose sleep: one sheep, two sheep
    Going cuckoo and cooky as Kool Keith
    I'm pretty confident Em draws inspiration and motivation from Keith. I watched some random YouTube video years ago where he was asked about rappers he looked up to growing up and some of his favorites in the game right now. Eminem mentioned rap acts like NWA, EPMD, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and Kool Keith growing up.

Thereafter, he mentioned the likes of Jay Z, Wayne, Nas, Ice Cube a few others and again Kool Keith.

I know for sure Eminem resembles Kool Keith's (Dr. Dooom 2) R.I.P. Dr. Octagon off 3 A.M. from Relapse.

Kool Keith RIP Dr. Octagon

You can't ignore how similar the two videos are.

Furthermore, less of a resemblance video/image wise, but the sound and song title can't be ignored.

Em's Rap God compared to Kool Keith's God of Rap.

Kool Keith (Dr. Dooom 2) - God of Rap

The sound comparison in conjunction with the song title itself is way beyond sheer coincidence. A good friend of mine I work with who's also into rap music told me this is just false. He's also a huge Andre 3000 fan and still refuses to admit dre pulled inspiration from KK much less admit he's a total and complete knock off of the Black Elvis persona.

I don't know what it is, but folks simply refuse to believe someone the likes of Kool Keith could hold such influential weight.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Eminem shouts out Kool Keith

Not really a surprise here, people Em's age are heavily influenced by NWA, EPMD as well as the Dr. Octagon album.

Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Default Re: Eminem shouts out Kool Keith

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Not really a surprise here, people Em's age are heavily influenced by NWA, EPMD as well as the Dr. Octagon album.
    I think it's actually great Eminem doesn't hold back from paying homage, whereas other rappers create an entirely new gimmick slash shittick - such as the complete overnight transformation from Dre in Outkast to *Andre 3000* - claiming it's entirely "his thing" ...