Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Drive" is the most overrated movie of all time...EVER

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    could you tell me what made this film so great?
    It was a top 5 of the year. The characters were enjoyable. The acting was well done and dialogue was superb. Cinematography was well done. Plus, it did a great job of using an amazing soundtrack.

Seems like a really good movie to me. You get a love story and the story of a closet bad ass(all with good acting and direction). What is there not to like?

Banned

this is very true though, so if you are trying to be sarcastic you aren't

Titanic was just a love story and that is it...it too was very overrated...most people know that though
    Yeah maybe Titanic wasn't the best example.. I was just more pointing out the way you argue can be used on any film. I personally thought Drive was great.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I gave it a solid 7/10 maybe even a 8/10.

You sound like the lady that went to see it at the movies and because the previews passed the movie off as a Fast and the Furious copy, she got upset and sued for false advertising.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    It was a top 5 of the year. The characters were enjoyable. The acting was well done and dialogue was superb. Cinematography was well done. Plus, it did a great job of using an amazing soundtrack.

Seems like a really good movie to me. You get a love story and the story of a closet bad ass(all with good acting and direction). What is there not to like?
    there was no dialogue...the main characters were damn near mutes...my GF asked me "have you ever met anyone that quiet?"

the characters were DULL DULL DULL...couldn't have made a more sterotypical mob bad guy...the girl was just a girl...Gosling was a mute

the cinematography was decent I guess...lots of city and shaky cam

love story?...barley...not that I even wanted that...I didn't even care when Gosling got stabbed

IMO underneath the indy fliming and direction there is little substance here

it had gritty violence, I'll give it that...but I wasn't looking for a horror flick

After watching the movie, the song "Midnight City" by M83 would've fit perfectly in the soundtrack as well with this movie with the other songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode

You sound like the lady that went to see it at the movies and because the previews passed the movie off as a Fast and the Furious copy, she got upset and sued for false advertising.
    I was expecting a deep and meaningful story worthy of an Oscar like most made it out to be

seems like most people here like the soundtrack more than the movie itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode

Have you seen Contagion yet... what did you think of that movie?

That was some false advertising...

(Have not seen DRIVE yet)

seems like most people here like the soundtrack more than the movie itself...
    The soundtrack is basically what made the movie. If you research the movie reviews, the soundtrack is talked about more-so because that's partially why it has a cult following.

I liked it all around. I thought it was refreshing that Gosling was quiet and only kicked ass when it was needed. It reminded me of how Clint Eastwood was in some of those old cowboy flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    Have you seen Contagion yet... what did you think of that movie?

That was some false advertising...

(Have not seen DRIVE yet)
    No I haven't. I wasn't really interested in it. Not to spoil it, but there's literally really not driving scenes or get-away scenes in the movie past the first one. It's more a indie acting film that has gritty violence towards the middle-to-end.

there was no dialogue...the main characters were damn near mutes...my GF asked me "have you ever met anyone that quiet?"

the characters were DULL DULL DULL...couldn't have made a more sterotypical mob bad guy...the girl was just a girl...Gosling was a mute

the cinematography was decent I guess...lots of city and shaky cam

love story?...barley...not that I even wanted that...I didn't even care when Gosling got stabbed

IMO underneath the indy fliming and direction there is little substance here

it had gritty violence, I'll give it that...but I wasn't looking for a horror flick
    I disagree about the dialogue the most. There wasn't much but it was meaningful. What was even more meaningful was Ryan Gosling's use of body language and facial expressions. Imo he has the best smirks in Hollywood, meaning he is the best at he can convey so many nuanced emotions using his body and primarily his face.

I can see why someone wouldn't like it after the hype but I have seen it twice and it held up to a second viewing to me.

your right about the soundtrack. it was tough. definitely give it a listen.

I disagree about the dialogue the most. There wasn't much but it was meaningful. What was even more meaningful was Ryan Gosling's use of body language and facial expressions. Imo he has the best smirks in Hollywood, meaning he is the best at he can convey so many nuanced emotions using his body and primarily his face.

I can see why someone wouldn't like it after the hype but I have seen it twice and it held up to a second viewing to me.
    Agreed with all of this. You didn't need a ton of dialog in the movie to portray how the characters felt and how the situation was. For example the scene where the Driver meets the father for the first in the hallway. Gosling is all cool about it and you can tell the guy taking the trash out is agitated as f*ck that he helped her out while he was locked up.

your right about the soundtrack. it was tough. definitely give it a listen.
    it was "meaningful" because he was so quiet?...and used a lot of blank stares?

and yeah, I wish this movie didn't have so much hype...If had low expectations going into this I probably would have loved it...I was expecting something amazing though...but nope, just a quiet guy killing mobsters

It was not a good movie. I just shrugged my shoulders when I left.

However, EVERYONE loves this movie so much, it makes me want to say it sucks, just to get the point across.

The characters were awful. Literally, I think Gosling said less than 200 words the whole movie. And he's the STAR.

It started off promising then just was inexplicably weird, violent for no particular reason except to shock......shrug...........I didn't feel anything for any of the characters.

The movie was called Drive....ya know what it lacked? Driving!!! That first scene set us up for interesting driving scenes for later. We got basically nothing. Shrug.
    Last edited by bagelred; 02-06-2012 at 07:16 PM.