Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 LastLast
    Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Yeah. Speed running is a big deal.

I'd recommend these three

1/7/2014 5:15:00 PM Super Mario Bros. - andrewg
    1/7/2014 8:45:00 PM The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - solidus and Andy
    1/11/2014 5:40:00 PM Chrono Trigger - obdajr

andrewg is amazing, and he's a nice guy.

Along with any titles that catch your interest. Personal taste, but platformers lend itself better to this format. Duck Tales Remastered is another one I'm going to try and catch. The guy doing the commentary for Super Meat Boy this year, did this last year(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHJsn...ilpage#t=1020). I watched that entire run last year.

Some of the runners have more charisma and character than others. The terrible games can be entertaining, but those 3 are the ones I can see myself going back to watch if I miss them.

http://igbwiki.com/wiki/Indie_Game_Bundle_Wiki

Useful link, lists all current bundles with links for purchase.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I can't stop playing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. Every time I turn on my 3DS to play something I end up starting up Harvest Moon and playing it for a good hour or 2. I haven't played a Link Between Worlds in about a week. The beginning of this game is ungodly slow paced with lots of gameplay options and areas being blocked off but you just keep telling yourself, "ahh just one more day".

I now remember how addictive these games are. The last ones I played were the original Harvest Moon on SNES and the N64 version. Got a 3DS late last year so I figured I'd get back into the series.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 01-06-2014 at 11:23 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

made this post in the bte, figured i'd cross it over into this thread because maybe i'll get some responses/create some sort of discussion.

in terms of computer gaming lately i've pretty much only been playing league of legends.

my "gaming time" also includes me playing a fair bit of gran turismo and 2k on my ps3, and i dont play games as much as i used to.

however i do kind of want to get really good at 1 specific game and see where it'd take me. i thought i'd do it with cs:go but i just cant quite get into it. i stopped playing starcraft awhile ago and dont know if i can get into it again. lol has a super shitty community and its very hard to get better alone and its also hard to find a team of people u actually like.

guess i'll just keep my eyes open for something i like that can be a timesink.

I've played OOTP/bbmogul games for years(a little bit of football manager too), so this looked like something right up my alley. http://store.steampowered.com/app/261600/

Then I read the reviews.

Finally managed to switch it over to english and the game is still terrible. Its flat out broken. The tutorial is useless, loading times take forever (even with just the US league selected), and the user interface is confusing and not straight forward. The AI is also awful and at time laughable, if I hadn't just paid $19 for this garbage. If you were buying this game expecting a Football Manger game just for basketball, you will be sadly disappointed. I want my money back. To say that this is even an Alpha is a lie.
    This game is a total wreck. I can't even start it up in English. I want my money back.
    So disappointed about this game.Loading time takes you ages.Tetris is better than this.Should not have bought it.
    I think I'll pass.

I started playing Batman: Arkham City again. to my dedication of keeping my old games worth keeping.

With some more free time available to me I'm playing Tomb Raider and Battlefield 4 at the moment.
    I'm actually on the last mission of BF4 at the moment in the campaign, and I don't get all the hate for it. I think its exactly what it should be... An average story at least, with great action settings and set pieces. It has all that... Some of the moments in the campaign are absolutely amazing in terms of visual specs and all that other jazz.

Started playing Planescape Torment yesterday, insanely dialogue heavy, but I'm intrigued, it's almost like playing a novel. Also the combat is ass like all the other Infinity Engine games.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    Started playing Planescape Torment yesterday, insanely dialogue heavy, but I'm intrigued, it's almost like playing a novel. Also the combat is ass like all the other Infinity Engine games.
    Planescape is the best story I've ever experienced in a video game.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Vice city run is coming up on AGDQ

NBA lottery pick

Finally beat Rogue Legacy. Addicting game, definitely challenging at times.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

playing witcher 2 and saints row 4 atm.

Banned

Along with NBA 2K14 and FIFA 14, I've went back to the PS3 to play ACII and GTA IV story. I want to play the AC series and I've played GTA IV before, a lot of just messing around in free roam with friends, but never played the story. There's other games I want to play when I finish these like the Uncharted series, the rest of the AC series, TLOU, Bioshock Infinite which will be free next month on PS Plus, Tomb Raider, RDR, Batman: Arkham City and Arkham Origins. Beat Arkham Asylum a couple years ago but never played the rest for some reason. I also have all these games already apart from Arkham Origins, since my sister has most of these games and I have the Uncharteds but never played them.

And then not to mention all the new games I wanna play next year, I'll be getting BF4 soon, havent played much of KZSF with all these other PS3 games, Infamous: Second Son, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Tom Clancy's The Division, The Order 1886 all look good too. Damn, I'm gonna be busy.
    Last edited by Shade8780; 01-17-2014 at 12:43 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Currently playing through Broken Age. I had almost completely forgotten about this since I backed it almost 2 years ago,nice to finally see something come from it. Like the visual style of it.

Got xbox one and after playing Dead Rising 3 demo (only allowed 2 plays) I've been watching tv on it. No games as of yet.