Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #16
Psych0
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 105
Psych0 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: should there be two russian teams in euroleague?

Some countries have too much, and others too few teams.
Four teams for Spain is optimum, but only CSKA is way too low for Russia.
On the other side three teams for Greece, three teams for Italy and two for France is too much. Especially if u know that Baltic lague has only one, and Adriatic league has only tree teams.
Psych0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #17
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: should there be two russian teams in euroleague?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0
Some countries have too much, and others too few teams.
Four teams for Spain is optimum, but only CSKA is way too low for Russia.
On the other side three teams for Greece, three teams for Italy and two for France is too much. Especially if u know that Baltic lague has only one, and Adriatic league has only tree teams.

Starting next season France and Turkey will have 2 teams and Baltic will have 3 teams and Adriatic will have 5 teams. 3 for Italy. Spain 4, Greece 3 and 2 for Russia, but because Eurocup winner also gets a spot then those three countries will from year to year have 5, 4, or 3 places because they are the leagues that have the best Eurocup clubs.

As it is then is a much better system, only France should have just 1 team only and then I think give that place to Russia so Russia would also have 3 places and France only deserves 1 place.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 02-24-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
Psych0
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 105
Psych0 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: should there be two russian teams in euroleague?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Starting next season France and Turkey will have 2 teams and Baltic will have 3 teams and Adriatic will have 5 teams. 3 for Italy. Spain 4, Greece 3 and 2 for Russia, but because Eurocup winner also gets a spot then those three countries will from year to year have 5, 4, or 3 places because they are the leagues that have the best Eurocup clubs.

As it is then is a much better system, only France should have just 1 team only and then I think give that place to Russia so Russia would also have 3 places and France only deserves 1 place.
Well, that`s a good thing. Especially for Adriatic league which has a number of good teams. But I still thing that rule is from 10/11 season. There is still room for improvement, especially speaking of number of French and Italian teams... And there is a stupid rule about minimum hall capacity, because 70% of clubs can`t fill their current halls, and now they will have to move to big arenas...
Psych0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: should there be two russian teams in euroleague?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0
Well, that`s a good thing. Especially for Adriatic league which has a number of good teams. But I still thing that rule is from 10/11 season. There is still room for improvement, especially speaking of number of French and Italian teams... And there is a stupid rule about minimum hall capacity, because 70% of clubs can`t fill their current halls, and now they will have to move to big arenas...
2 french teams is a joke. when have any of them done anything in the last few years? infact since Limoges won it! I think there should only be 1 and it shouldnt be guaranteed they would have to qualify!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:17 AM   #20
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: should there be two russian teams in euroleague?

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
2 french teams is a joke. when have any of them done anything in the last few years? infact since Limoges won it! I think there should only be 1 and it shouldnt be guaranteed they would have to qualify!

Yeah I agree. But it seems that the French have more pull because of the connection to ULEB.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy