Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #16
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Roger Mason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Rondo doesn't have the speed to punish defenders? Are you kidding me?
Who said the Bulls need to shoot a ton of 3's. Its the idea of "mixing it up" and taking what the defense is giving you.
You really don't think Fisher's 3 pt shooting doesn't have any bearing at all.
It's funny how Phil would always have legit clutch shooter from Hodges and Paxson to BJ Armstrong, to Steve Kerr to Horry and Fisher etc etc.
I agree that Allen is not as consistent anymore but its a fact that his defender is sticking to him making the defense STRETCH, freeing up KG inside and allowing Pierce and Rondo to slash. btw, Allen's defenders continue to stick to him bec a 3 pt shot is very crucial, if you are leading by 3pts you pad it to 6, hit another one after a stop, you bring it to huge 9 pt cushion.
Did it occur to you that Boston is aware of this and this is a reason why they signed him to a hefty extension?
3 pt attempt also lead to longer rebounds increasing the chances of the offensive team to get an offensive rebound.All top teams have legit 3pt shooters.
Lastly, Mason is not ave 33%= 1 pt per 3pt shot, as mentioned, he is averaging 39%, that's 6 more(18 pts) per 100 shots or 9pts per 50 shots. I was explaining that IF you hit 33% in essence you are generating 1pt per shot, that is actually decent as compared to other players who is ave bet 42-45% from the field.

At first I was going to argue with you but then you basically resaid what i said in greater detail. Except the whole Roger Mason can somehow shoot threes.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
sanders2021
I hit open layups

sanders2021 has an OK reputation so far

Heard the following about Mason from a Spurs fan on another forum today:

"he lost his shooting touch, i thought. he doesn't bring much to the table beyond that. now his minutes did get jerked around but Pop isn't prone to whimsy. If a player can't contribute then they ride the pine."

sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #18
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
At first I was going to argue with you but then you basically resaid what i said in greater detail. Except the whole Roger Mason can somehow shoot threes.

The heart of the argument and my original reply was when you said the Bulls don't really need a 3pt shooter. Yes, Korver is there, but right now the Bulls have 1 SG that actually can't shoot from the 3pt line.
You said you like Deng shooting from the corner 3, well Luol's career ave from the 3pt range is 30.9%!
vs Cleveland last playoffs, he shot 8.3%, you want to know how he fared in the last 3 games vs the Cavs? ZERO out of 10!
His career playoff ave from the 3pt line is 11.1% at only 2 of 18 for his entire 792 mins!
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
The heart of the argument and my original reply was when you said the Bulls don't really need a 3pt shooter. Yes, Korver is there, but right now the Bulls have 1 SG that actually can't shoot from the 3pt line.
You said you like Deng shooting from the corner 3, well Luol's career ave from the 3pt range is 30.9%!
vs Cleveland last playoffs, he shot 8.3%, you want to know how he fared in the last 3 games vs the Cavs? ZERO out of 10!
His career playoff ave from the 3pt line is 11.1% at only 2 of 18 for his entire 792 mins!

Those are still empty stats. You can rip on Deng for being injury prone, but it's hard to say his shot is bad, when he's playing injured. Deng can make 3s when hes 80% healthy, he'll miss just about everything when he's any worse than that.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #20
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Those are still empty stats. You can rip on Deng for being injury prone, but it's hard to say his shot is bad, when he's playing injured. Deng can make 3s when hes 80% healthy, he'll miss just about everything when he's any worse than that.

TOTAL PLAYOFF MINUTES played of 792 minutes is an empty stat for you?
You want more?
He played 78 games for a total of 2603 mins, he averaged 27% in 2005.
He played the WHOLE 82 games in 2006 for a grand total of 3071 mins he shot a measly14.3% from the 3pt line.
Don't get me wrong for posting these FACTS!, I like Deng, he is just not a 3pt shooter that some fans are envisioning him.
I forgot the analyst who wisely pointed the the fact that Dengs OVERALL FG% actually INCREASED at 51.7%! when shot a measly 14% from the 3pt line, would you like to know why?
it's bec he ONLY took SEVEN 3pt shots, SEVEN!!!, 51.7% is he CAREER BEST!
Maybe he has improved from the 3pt area the past few years, but hitting 8% when he ave 40 mins/game (202 mins) is just too low IMO.
To me he is MORE deadly with his 16-18 footers.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: