Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-08-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default The end of flopping - Bane or Boon?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...rn=nba ,25949

"Ever attend an NBA game and get the feeling that a European soccer match has broken out? Bodies are flying everywhere these days, and many close to the game feel the players on the floor deserve an Oscar, not help getting up.

The NBA is considering giving referees the option of whistling players for technical fouls if they deem that a player has flopped in an attempt to get a call."

I personally think that this will only continue to worsen the current state of officiating. What is already inconsistent will be taken to a whole new level if this gets passed.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The end of flopping - Bane or Boon?

So wait does this mean that if DWade is caught flopping twice or more he gets thrown out of the game? Since 2 techs means you're gone...
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hmm i always thought they already had this authority
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:55 AM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They already do, maybe they're going to come down a little harder and actually call it now.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #5
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Are they gonna start T-ing up Kobe every time he yells "HHEEEY" ?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 AM   #6
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Ginobli may get an "artest" like suspension if this pulls through.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the cure to flopping is not tecnicals, the cure is not awarding them the call... if you flop and hit the ground five times and nothing happens maybe that should be a signal to keep your feet on the ground...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:20 AM   #8
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Here is the full article

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...61/1002/SPORTS
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

The NBA can't possibly be arrogant enough to believe that it can effectively regulate the authenticity of players' reactions to physical contact.

What a huge F'ing load of bullcrap.

Also - I cannot stress this point enough - the flopping epidemic is THE LEAGUE'S FAULT.

The increase in "flopping" is the biproduct of the rule changes disallowing arm contact on the perimeter. Since defenders can't be physical to stay in front of offensive players, their only hope is to establish position and get run over.

If I ever thought for a moment that they'd listen to me, I'd write league officials and explain this. It's such a load of crap. I can hardly believe it.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
The NBA can't possibly be arrogant enough to believe that it can effectively regulate the authenticity of players' reactions to physical contact.

What a huge F'ing load of bullcrap.

Also - I cannot stress this point enough - the flopping epidemic is THE LEAGUE'S FAULT.

The increase in "flopping" is the biproduct of the rule changes disallowing arm contact on the perimeter. Since defenders can't be physical to stay in front of offensive players, their only hope is to establish position and get run over.

If I ever thought for a moment that they'd listen to me, I'd write league officials and explain this. It's such a load of crap. I can hardly believe it.

I agree with you 100%

How the hell does the league expect teams to even play defense anymore. They are slowing but surely killing all defense in today's NBA. Now players like Wade and LeBron just have to fly through the lane, how is anybody going to stop them. FTs for them and techs for everybody else.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far

I'm up for anything stopping flopping. CANT STAND IT.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: