Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 182526272829 LastLast

Default Re: May 7: Playoffs Round 2, Thunder at Grizzlies, Game 3

Someone needs to give Hollins his credit . When he went to the high pick and roll with Conley and Gasol in the 4th it made the thunder big men come outside of the paint which caused more offensive rebounds for the griz and more shots in the paint
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 05-07-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Book 'em Dan'l

wtf happened. i turned off the game after the third quarter.

maybe i should have stuck around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
    wtf happened. i turned off the game after the third quarter.

maybe i should have stuck around.
    What happened was Westbrick being a ballhog and TA playing great D on KD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    This game showed why basketball is the most unpredictable and the most interesting sport.
    Not even close...do you even watch NFL or NHL? Even MLB is a lot unpredictable than the NBA.

But 2011 NBA Playoffs have been very unpredictable. Finally, for a change.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Someone needs to give Hollins his credit . When he went to the high pick and roll with Conley and Gasol in the 4th it made the thunder big men come outside of the paint which caused more offensive rebounds for the griz and more shots in the paint
    wait, changing up the play calling makes it tougher for the Thunder to play defense who would have thought.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Westbrook and Brooks both have blood on their hands after this one.

Why would you stick with Sefolosha in the game when the offense is stark raving dry of any points? Harden can help spark the offense. Sefolosha cannot.

Series over, Memphis in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I sure hope not. Regardless of what people have said, I still think we are the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    OKC dominates Memphis for 40 minutes but loses and people think the series is over after 3 games?

Where OJ Mayo Happens mayo'sgrizz's Avatar

its not over but game 4 is def a must win for okc if they lose game 4 thennnnn ITS OVER.

@ojthamamba did u cringe like i did when the final play was for z-bo 32 ft from basket and not for OJ when he was having a nice shooting game. i thought tht was a horrible play to come up with out of a timeout. once again mayo earns every point. no idea how he got 18 all they do is put him in his corner and dont let him come out of there. btw he played excellent defense on westbrick in 4th and OT as well with 2 rips!

just rewatched the 4th. umm, how was harden not out there? OKC could have used his scoring. mayo did a decent job on RW but i mean, that's RW for ya. therein lies my main problem with RW. immense talent with high upside because of his athleticism, but at the end of games, is he patient enough? does he probe the defense like a nash, rondo or cp3? can he hit his teammates in rhythm? i'm not seeing it, folks. i mean, i'm not seeing it often enough. i guess what i'm trying to say is westbrook's court vision down the stretch is his biggest weakness. like i said though, dude has a ton of potential when he fixes that. i mean top 3 perennial PG status.

as far as durant, memphis was doing a good job of denying entry passes and chasing him around. this is where having a post game would mean so much to durant because of his length.

idk, it just seems OKC is making the more critical 4th quarter mistakes. costly TOs, reverting back to iso, odd lineups. their execution is off late and it shows. to me, OKC is playing on par or better most quarters...but they're killing themselves in the end. OKC let one get away.

slow down the perimeter of OKC and you have a great chance to win.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 05-08-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    OKC dominates Memphis for 40 minutes but loses and people think the series is over after 3 games?
    Well if Westbrook can't play like regular season Westbrook for a whole game why not?

And I kind of hate our team is being such good losers. SB needs to mention the whole not getting a free throw thing and the fact that TA and SB are all up in KD's ass and not getting any type of calls for it. Phil Jackson would've done his little "mention the refs, get all the calls next game," trick. it's cheap., but I don't even want bad or extra frivolous calls. Just when TA is grabbing and pushing off the ball, when guys are fouling on purpose, can we at least get those?
    Last edited by 50inchvertical; 05-08-2011 at 09:01 AM.

There's no way we should have lost this game. The more I think about it, the more frustrated I get.

I hope this game doesn't come back to haunt us.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    just rewatched the 4th. umm, how was harden not out there? OKC could have used his scoring. mayo did a decent job on RW but i mean, that's RW for ya. therein lies my main problem with RW. immense talent with high upside because of his athleticism, but at the end of games, is he patient enough? does he probe the defense like a nash, rondo or cp3? can he hit his teammates in rhythm? i'm not seeing it, folks. i mean, i'm not seeing it often enough. i guess what i'm trying to say is westbrook's court vision down the stretch is his biggest weakness. like i said though, dude has a ton of potential when he fixes that. i mean top 3 perennial PG status.

as far as durant, memphis was doing a good job of denying entry passes and chasing him around. this is where having a post game would mean so much to durant because of his length.

idk, it just seems OKC is making the more critical 4th quarter mistakes. costly TOs, reverting back to iso, odd lineups. their execution is off late and it shows. to me, OKC is playing on par or better most quarters...but they're killing themselves in the end. OKC let one get away.

slow down the perimeter of OKC and you have a great chance to win.
    Wait so your telling me if you find a way to contain Westbrook/Durant you have a good chance of beating the thunder. Shocker
    Last edited by O.J A 6'4Mamba; 05-08-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    You also have to remember he's 22 years old and played SG in college. He's still learning the position. But if he can play for 48 minutes how he played the first 38 minutes, you're going to have a hell of a time beating OKC.