Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Swollen black spot on my gums, any help?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    True although that wouldn't just show up out of the blue. They're also not painful. And of course on the complete opposite end of the spectrum it could be a melanoma which are almost universally fatal if found intraorally.
    Thanks for the promising outlook

I tried the warm salt water thing, then my mom told me she once had a cyst on her gums so it might be that and told me to apply a hot rag to the spot. I've been doing that for the past hour or so and the thing bled out and flattened up. It's still pretty sensitive but it feels a little better.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

ebola

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    That would be helpful. I might be able to make a diagnosis.
    This isn't the best picture in the world, since I'm visting home I didn't bring my camera so this is from my phone.

This is after I applied the rag for an hour or so and bled and it flattened up a bit, still a little swollen though. I'm guessing the dark stuff is just blood because when it was REALLY swollen it was the same color as my gums except for one tiny spot between the back two teeth.
    Last edited by sunsfan1357; 06-15-2010 at 05:54 PM.

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    So I just woke up and noticed a soreness on the top of my gums so I went to the bathroom and checked it out in the mirror. There's a really swollen part on the top left side where my back two teeth are with a little black speck. Has anyone had this happen before and if so was there anything you did to help it? Rufus, you got any idea? I'm setting up a dentist appointment as well, but figured I'd see if anyone else has any experience with this in the meantime.
    I've had those little black specks before, but they're always painless. Some sort of busted blood vessel if I recall.

This isn't the best picture in the world, since I'm visting home I didn't bring my camera so this is from my phone.

This is after I applied the rag for an hour or so and bled and it flattened up a bit, still a little swollen though. I'm guessing the dark stuff is just blood because when it was REALLY swollen it was the same color as my gums except for one tiny spot between the back two teeth.
    Yeah that's not what you described. This is clearly teh cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
    Yeah that's not what you described. This is clearly teh cancer.
    Yeah I stated it started to look like that after I applied a hot rag to it for a while, the swelling went down and it started to bleed a little bit. I do remember yesterday eating some chips and part of one jammed up into my gum around the same spot. Maybe that's it Anyway I'll update once I go to the dentist.

Who told you to use the balm?

My mom told me to apply the rag, she said she had a cyst on her gums once and it kinda looked like what mine did when it was swollen and that's what she did. It did help a bit, the swelling went down and the pain isn't as bad as it was. If it was cancer shouldn't I be feeling any other symptoms?

Blu Ray

My mom told me to apply the rag, she said she had a cyst on her gums once and it kinda looked like what mine did when it was swollen and that's what she did. It did help a bit, the swelling went down and the pain isn't as bad as it was. If it was cancer shouldn't I be feeling any other symptoms?
    Imminent death?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Shit just got real.

You have white teeth for somebody who chews. What kind of toothpaste do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Hateraid making it personal trying to show up Rufus. I'm liking it! Go at it boys! Fight over the diagnosis!

Instigator

couldn't it just be like a blood blister. I had one on the side of my mouth where it kept on catching my wisdom teeth that were coming through. You might have just caught food and cut it a bit, then continuously kept on cutting it. then bam overnight the blister forms.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Imminent death?

Woke up this morning and there was no pain at all, still a little swollen, but at least I can finally chew on that side of my mouth again. It's hard trying to eat only on one side But my appointment is tomorrow at 11 so cross your fingers for non-imminent death.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
    Who told you to use the balm?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzowSs9mNOM

"You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If you're gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on."