Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore winnnaz's Avatar

Default Re: Players you were wrong about.

Adam Morrison

/thread

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Joe Alexander: looked promising first season than never seen him again

Marcus Fizer: thought he be a 10 year+ type player

Terrance Kinsey: had a little mini epic run with Memphis

Qyntel Woods: amazing potential was doing 360s and stuff in traffic in the NBA and has a jump shot but never lived up to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV7LmvftvGc
    Last edited by andremiller07; 12-17-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Joe Alexander: looked promising first season than never seen him again

Marcus Fizer: thought he be a 10 year+ type player

Terrance Kinsey: had a little mini epic run with Memphis

Qyntel Woods: amazing potential was doing 360s and stuff in tarrfic in the NBA and has a jump shot but never lived up to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV7LmvftvGc
    Fizer is a good one.. I felt the same about him. Qyntel Woods I had no faith in from day 1. As a Blazers fan I saw that he had all the physical tools to be a good player, but not the brains.

A few other ones for me: Rodney White, Dermarr Johnson, Jarvis Hayes

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Fizer is a good one.. I felt the same about him. Qyntel Woods I had no faith in from day 1. As a Blazers fan I saw that he had all the physical tools to be a good player, but not the brains.

A few other ones for me: Rodney White, Dermarr Johnson, Jarvis Hayes
    O yeah Jarvis Hayes before he busted his knee FLEW up and down the court, as far as Dermarr imo it was more that the motor accident he had rather than him not being good, he was never the same after it.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Irving - Right 100%, called him HOFer, one of greatest PG before draft.
    Williams - Right 100%, called him huge bust. Shame on people pushing him over Irving.
    Enes Kanter - To be decided, thought he would be a decent starter
    Thompson - To be decided, bust
    Valanciunas - To be decided, borderline all-star
    Vesley - Right 100%, huge bust
    Biyombo - To be decided, bust
    Knight - Right, second best player after Irving
    Walker - Wrong 100%, thought he would be a total scrub
    Jimmer - Right 100%, 100% total scrub
    How you gonna call Thompson a bust but J-Val a borderline all-star? It's not like one has been drastically outplaying the other ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Enes Kanter - To be decided, thought he would be a decent starter

Trust me Kanter will be much more than a decent starter. He's actually ready to start right now. Next season you'll see the Favors-Kanter starting lineup once Millsap and Jefferson are gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FwqEsUdsI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa16CQUocT8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TRucQsfZao

Watch them all in 720p btw lol.

Those are some of his recent games. The Kid is a flat out stud, and he's been getting tons of help on his lost post game from Al Jefferson last offseason. He's ready to dominate.

Favors - To be decided/wrong, all-star big.
    He's definitly ready to be an all star big. I'd argue he's been a player than Millsap all season. There were actually a couple games where Millsap didn't play like the entire second half cause Corbin left Favors in. He may not be a true defensive anchor yet, but he's pretty damn close, our defense is just different with him. Also his offensive game is developing, he's learning to use his athletisism to dominate people down low and he has the abilty to draw fouls. However, his own weakness is free throws.

Trust me this frontcourt is the most I've been about young Jazz players in a long time. Once Kanter and Favors are starting they'll be well on their way to be a different version of Z-bo-Gasol

Here's a normal post from Jazz forums

Favors and Kanter should both be playing more than Jefferson and Millsap.
    Last edited by Purch; 12-17-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    How you gonna call Thompson a bust but J-Val a borderline all-star? It's not like one has been drastically outplaying the other ATM.
    Those are his predictions, TBD means it's too soon to decide if he was right or wrong.

Banned

JJ Redick

Not that I expected him to be an All-Star or anything like that. I actually thought he'd be a straight-up scrub with mostly DC's and DNP's. It looked like that the few few seasons but he's been solid for the past 3 seasons.

He's currently having a career season, hope he can continue it.

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    JJ Redick

Not that I expected him to be an All-Star or anything like that. I actually thought he'd be a straight-up scrub with mostly DC's and DNP's. It looked like that the few few seasons but he's been solid for the past 3 seasons.

He's currently having a career season, hope he can continue it.
    And you spelled his name correctly too. I swear his last name is the most commonly misspelled name on ISH. It annoys me.

For me, LaMarcus Aldridge. Though he was soft, which I guess is not entirely wrong, and would be nothing more than a Michael Doleac.
    Last edited by GatorKid117; 12-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Dragic too. I never understood why the Suns tried so hard to net him from the Spurs. After drafting him I thought he wasn't confident and was playing really quiet behind Nash. He eventually learned well and is definitely a different player from I thought he would be.

Also beasley I could see him with a hunger to strive being the go to guy for the suns. pretty much off there

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Thought Rubio would be a bust, now he's one of my favorite players.

Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook were other ones. Thought TJ Ford would be one of the greatest, after seeing him in highschool

Learning to shoot layups iDunkOreo's Avatar

Called Kyrie being a stud, showed amazing potential in limited time at Duke, but living in NC the Carolina fans were saying he was gonna bust. Suck it. Same goes for Rubio. I was dead wrong on Gerald Henderson( thought he coulda been an All Star down the road), Jimmer, and Klay Thompson. I thought Klay Thompson would never amount to more than 3 point shooter off the bench. I called Austin Rivers sucking this season though. Should have stayed in college for another year.

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

I actually thought Derrick Williams would be better than Kyrie.

Smh.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Many players, I'm almost always wrong.

Rudy Fernandez. I always thought he might be a player capable of scoring 15-18 ppg, and being a good role players in a contender team or a starter in a non-contender.

Thaddeus Young. He is a really good player, but I always thought that He could be a star.

Dejuan Blair. Injury free. Since the draft I thought he would finish his career as Oden.

Derrick Willians. I expected much more, but maybe is too early to draw conclusions.
    Last edited by TaLvsCuaL; 12-17-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Kevin Durant. Not that I thought it was a good idea to draft Oden first. I just didn't think he'd be as good as he was. I didn't think he'd be able to stand up to the physical play of the grown up league.
    This, except I did think it was a good idea to draft Oden first.

I didn't realize that he would handle the ball as well as any SG. I thought he would just be an off-ball volume shooter. I thought Adam Morrison would be almost as good as Jamison at his best and I thought Durant would be only a little bit better than that. S. M. H.

I don't have too much to be right or wrong about since I rarely watch college ball.