Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default The first debate is Wed Oct 3rd. BigAss Poltical Thread part VIII

We have less than a week to go until the first debate and Mitt Romney's task is not getting any easier.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
    [QUOTE]There

Default Re: The first debate is Wed Oct 3rd. BigAss Poltical Thread part VIII

RCP National Average
    Obama +4.0
    48.6 to 44.6

TPM Polltracker
    Obama +5.3
    48.5 to 43.2

Obama's lead is getting bigger, but he's not cracking 49% yet. Some of the folks offended by the 47% are going to sit this one out.

National High School Star

Romney still edges out a close win.

   

clinton's speech at the recent convention was... holy crap... absolutely amazing. and yea, that includes loads of fascinating speeches from the annual TED conference. clinton to me is like a degrasse-tyson... a jaw-droppingly intelligent person who also mastered communication to the highest possible degree.

earlier republicans might have been able to put forth a worthy adversary to a clinton or a slightly less-gifted example such as obama, but the current collection of yahoos and ideological extremists who now own the republican party have filtered out almost anyone on their side with pure talent and intelligence. it's all about conformity. which should be pretty f-in scary, if you're a conservative person with a brain, but whatever. few of these people really think, so no harm, no foul.

these people... how does one even describe them? something short of insane? yet at the same time they demonstrate one of the cardinal aspects of conservative humanity that i've always observed: "it's better to go extinct than to change your ways."

mitt romney is the sad remnant of a party that can't decide what it really wants in life. the only thing they can really agree on is lies, misinformation, and childish, religion-based tricks to make their points.

i've never been a huge obama fan (i preferred hillary), but i guarantee you that obama will swat romney in the debates like a lazy man swats an annoying mosquito during his lunch hour. all obama needs to study upon is the fine art of accurately refuting total bullshit... nothing more, nothing less.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Is this the general consensus from the right??

It seems like the left thinks its a relative blowout (given the swing states available) due to ineptitude from the GOPs candidate.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Is this the general consensus from the right??

It seems like the left thinks its a relative blowout (given the swing states available) due to ineptitude from the GOPs candidate.

Early exit polls in 2004 had Kerry stomping Bush....

And the Saints go to the Superbowl.

6 month self ban bet? We could even let Jeff know and ban the loser.

I'll even handicap you, I say Obama goes over 300 and/or Romey doesn't crack 250.

Like taking candy from a baby

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    But most pre-elections polls the weekend before had Bush eking out a win...and Kerry made it competitive after destroying W in the debates.

Right now it's tilting more to an Obama landslide than a nailbiter.

3-time NBA All-Star

Your point being...... ???

I was merely saying that the consensus of the left, of which I am mostly surrounded, is that at this point in time Romney doesn't seem like particularly strong opposition.

My question was if the right thinks that at this point Romney has the edge in enough swing states and with enough undecided voters to pull it off.

Mitt Romney less liked than Bush.

RUHROHRAGGY!

Umm... no. Bush and Kerry were up and down until the beginning of September, when Bush took a big lead and never relinquished.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...kerry-939.html

Here's all the data with a neat chart a bit down the page to illustrate it (I know you Conservatives have a hard time without pictures these days).

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Your point being...... ???

I was merely saying that the consensus of the left, of which I am mostly surrounded, is that at this point in time Romney doesn't seem like particularly strong opposition.

My question was if the right thinks that at this point Romney has the edge in enough swing states and with enough undecided voters to pull it off.

Relax, Frances. I swear some of you v@ginas pound your little fingers in rage on the keyboard as if your school lunch was stolen. I was just making a statement about polls since you wrote that the Left thinks this is a blowout. They thought the same thing in 2004 and the Exit polls reflected that, but Bush prevailed.