Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #46
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Why wouldn't New Jersey take this deal?

Its funny that people discuss the possibility of Lebron coming to NJ. And even funnier that he might not come because of the team that NJ has now. Is it not possible that these guys may turn out better when 2010 comes. If harris can get consistent in his shooting he can be a top 10 pg by then maybe even 5. Brook lopez maybe a bust but if he becomes decent isnt that enticing enough consider that you mentioned that Z is might retire. Lebron will want paycheck ofcourse and the possibility of winning the championship ring . If NJ turns out to be a pretty good team next year its not impossible that they might get Lebron or his batchmates. Plus If Nj gets lucky in the lottery they might get a good pick next year even though its considered as a weaker class than this year's draft. We can never tell what would Lebron do and the other stars . However if Lebron wins a ring before 2010 he will likely stay as a Cav but if not i wont be surprise if he leaves. NJ is one of the teams that has a good future in 2010
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #47
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
You do realize, there is also the summer of 2009 to sign big time FA's, and that yes, NJ does realize you can't put your eggs in one basket.. Rod Thorn has a pretty good track record as a GM as does Kiki, but if you think you're a better GM, I suggest you put in your application now.

NJ has only the following players under contract in 2010-2011.

Devin Harris
Vince Carter
?????????? / Ryan Anderson
Yi Jianlian / Sean Williams
Brook Lopez
+
2009 #1
2 2010 #1's

They will have 3 summers of Free Agency, plenty of trading pieces and alot of cap Room. They are in a much better position than they were not too long ago.

And yes, I have no doubt that they will land a star (or two)who will be ready to be part of the 2010 Brooklyn Nets with their brand new arena, and NYC appeal.
THe problem is right now it really looks like it will be the 2011 Brooklyn Nets, not 2010. There is also a chance the project gets killed. Its looking better than ever the nets will come (i live in brooklyn like 20 minutes form new arena) and NOTHING is happening. its not even started, not even thinking about starting.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #48
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Yes he was wearing a Yankees hat, he's been wearing Yankees apparel since he entered the league. Lebron likes the Yankees because they don't believe in rebuilding. He doesn't believe in rebuilding. Lebron wants to win a championship, period. If he can do it in his hometown, all the better. Big market is not part of the equation. It hasn't helped New York all these years. And because he's friends with Jay Z? I got news for you, Lebron has claimed several best friends over the years, including Darius Miles. Being friends with a part owner isn't going to get him a championship.
Mathius

Jay-Z isn't one of the USA's most powerful people for no reason. He's a winner. If he can help one of his assets make a ton of money (imagine the money from LBJ and Yi in NYC?!?!?!) and win a championship, you better believe he will.

And don't worry, I won't be too unhappy if we have to settle for Kobe, Anthony, Wade, etc... but this team will have a top tier FA in 2010, and maybe one more.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #49
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
THe problem is right now it really looks like it will be the 2011 Brooklyn Nets, not 2010. There is also a chance the project gets killed. Its looking better than ever the nets will come (i live in brooklyn like 20 minutes form new arena) and NOTHING is happening. its not even started, not even thinking about starting.

That's allright... It would be even better to open our new arena with a trophy at the end of the year. It may take a year or so to win the title with all the new and young talent anyway.

:)
Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #50
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Maybe because they want to steal LeBron from Cleveland and making Cleveland better isn't exactly the best way to go about it
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #51
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Jay-Z isn't one of the USA's most powerful people for no reason. He's a winner. If he can help one of his assets make a ton of money (imagine the money from LBJ and Yi in NYC?!?!?!) and win a championship, you better believe he will.

Do you guys listen to yourself? Lebron's going to go to Brooklyn because his friend is there. Like it's just a question of where you want to live.

"Jay-Z is a winner" As if Jay-Z has an actual basketball background to back up that statement.

I can't wait until 2010 to see what really happens. Unfortunately, I guess I'm going to have to listen to this crap until then.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #52
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So people are still expecting Vince to play this season out at full strength this year and not force his way out of Jersey? The Nets should go on and deal him and save themselves the embarassment.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #53
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Do you guys listen to yourself? Lebron's going to go to Brooklyn because his friend is there. Like it's just a question of where you want to live.

"Jay-Z is a winner" As if Jay-Z has an actual basketball background to back up that statement.

I can't wait until 2010 to see what really happens. Unfortunately, I guess I'm going to have to listen to this crap until then.

Mathius

Yeah, I'm pissed I'm going to have to wait 2 years to hear to Cleveland fans sob as LBJ leaves them.

Even if the Nets don't get him...someone will. I think Cleveland has about a 25% chance of keeping him, and the sooner Cleveland fans look to accept this very real possibility, the better.

As for Jay-Z, the guy's life has been and continues to be one big success. He may only be 5% or less minority owner, but it's still a SIZABLE investement on Jay-Z's part and something very important to him.

I'm not playing the friend's card to heavily, or even the LBJ card too heavily, but this team will be a budding contender starting in 2010.

Unfortunately, I don't think Cleveland will be.
IMO they have two years to win the title with LBJ.
That should be your mentality before it's too late.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #54
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
So people are still expecting Vince to play this season out at full strength this year and not force his way out of Jersey? The Nets should go on and deal him and save themselves the embarassment.

Your reverse psychology will not work on us!!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #55
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Your reverse psychology will not work on us!!
How aout this, bookmark this thread and ge back with me in February. We'll put an avatar on the line or something. I guarantee you Vince will ***** his way out of NJ by the trade deadline. When it happens just remember you heard it from KD first.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #56
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
How aout this, bookmark this thread and ge back with me in February. We'll put an avatar on the line or something. I guarantee you Vince will ***** his way out of NJ by the trade deadline. When it happens just remember you heard it from KD first.

Not quite first.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 AM   #57
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Why would Cleveland take that deal??? Carter is old and doesn't give any effort... Cleveland has built a nice defensive team (wally sucks though).
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: