Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Maybe we can get this guy back

Derek Fisher. He has 4 years left on the MLE contract he signed with Golden State. If Banks really wants 5 years at the full MLE, should we consider calling Golden State and inquiring about getting Fisher back. He is the type of point guard we need and he has won 3 championships for us. If Banks is not the answer because of his contract demands and Cassell signs elsewhere, should Fisher be Plan C?
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Derek Fisher. He has 4 years left on the MLE contract he signed with Golden State. If Banks really wants 5 years at the full MLE, should we consider calling Golden State and inquiring about getting Fisher back. He is the type of point guard we need and he has won 3 championships for us. If Banks is not the answer because of his contract demands and Cassell signs elsewhere, should Fisher be Plan C?

Sorry, Fish is not the answer. While I have always liked Fish, and he's got character, he's not a starter. We already have backup guards, including Smush and Sasha, so sorry, unless he's really cheap, there's no way we go for him.

Just my humble opinion...
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:59 AM   #3
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:58 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Sorry, Fish is not the answer. While I have always liked Fish, and he's got character, he's not a starter. We already have backup guards, including Smush and Sasha, so sorry, unless he's really cheap, there's no way we go for him.

Just my humble opinion...

Not a starter??

I can't believe you said that....come on man your better than that
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:29 AM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Fish is a starter but the triangle is most effective with a bigger guards. but hey, it wouldnt be bad to have him if we fail gettin banks or cassell
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not a starter??

I can't believe you said that....come on man your better than that

With all due respect, I stand by my original comment. I don't think he is good enough to be an 80-game starter for a championship caliber team at this point in his career.

So, if you want to be Golden State, then fine, he's your man. He would be a good addition to add depth to the team, but we need a true starting guard who can play effective defense.

I'd rather invest in Harrington!

Remember, this is all my opinion, so we can agree to disagree! :)
Old 07-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #7
kobe92
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe92 has an OK reputation so far

I think Fish is the kind of veteran pg that they need. he can also add scoring.
kobe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe92
I think Fish is the kind of veteran pg that they need. he can also add scoring.

I agree he could make a good complimentary piece with his veteran experience (which is what they had hoped for from McKee), however, I still think we need a good starting and defensive oriented guard. Especially in the Western Conference.

Fish has lost a step due to injuries, and the Lakers really dont need a scorer at that position.

So, if we could get him cheap, I would definitely take him. But I would NOT take him for the MLE... NO WAY!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:34 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I agree he could make a good complimentary piece with his veteran experience (which is what they had hoped for from McKee), however, I still think we need a good starting and defensive oriented guard. Especially in the Western Conference.

Fish has lost a step due to injuries, and the Lakers really dont need a scorer at that position.

So, if we could get him cheap, I would definitely take him. But I would NOT take him for the MLE... NO WAY!

I dont get how u can say he aint a starter...he started on championships for our team...he has the experience...he can handle the pressure...u still think he aint a starter?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont get how u can say he aint a starter...he started on championships for our team...he has the experience...he can handle the pressure...u still think he aint a starter?

You are speaking of the past my friend. He is not a starter. I don't think he even started in Golden State (unless it was due to another player's injury).

He is older and he has had some injuries that have made him lose a step defensively. As I said before, the Lakers need a defensive minded point guard and D. Fish is no longer it.

I also said he would be a nice addition as a veteran guard to give us 15, maybe 20 minutes a game. He has always been good coming off the bench!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

he lost his starting job after baron davis came.

but w/e i dont expect fish to be back n e time soon unless its for a future laker reunion with Kobe present and Shaq absent due to personal reasons (hates kobe)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: