Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #31
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Very true. It's too bad he fizzled out in the playoffs overall, though.

That 27 point come back was still epic.

It does suck. He went from 23.5 ppg, 11 apg, 5 rpg, 3 spg on great shooting and a 3-1 series lead... then injured groin and his stats PLUMMETED. Another thing beyond scoring and big shots that separates CP3 from Durant and Dirk is he can just as easily make a clutch pass, rebound or steal as he can a bucket. He just dominates all facets in crunch time.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #32
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,407
chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Guys just read the full polling. I honestly can't believe this is a legit GM poll. Some of the polls are so pathetically inaccurate. Only GM this stupid is probably the one running Orlando.
It's all 30 GMs.. I didn't really see too many bad choices when I glanced over it
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 AM   #33
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
It's all 30 GMs.. I didn't really see too many bad choices when I glanced over it

Supposedly... btw did it even say all 30 GM's? If so no wonder the Lakers have so easily raped teams in trades over the years .
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #34
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,407
chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

What were all the bad choices though?
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #35
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
What were all the bad choices though?

I'll start naming them off.

1. Miami with a ridiculous 70 percent chance to win title. Favorites yes... this heavy hell no.

2. Boston only 3 percent chance to win east Miami 97 percent? NO.

3. Clippers only 3 percent chance to win Pacific? Again hell no. Both Celtics and Clippers are MUCH closer to the Heat and Lakers than this poll would suggest.

4. Lebron James polling in at the 3rd best PF in the NBA? HELL NO.

5. Best defensive team Chicago by a huge margin. Not happening with Rose out all season and Asik gone. I think they will rank out of the 5 for sure.

6. Best passer is Rondo right now... yet he got 7 percent of vote, Nash got 58 and CP3 got 28.

7. Best finisher in the game is Griffin yet they have him with 10 percent and Lebron with about 70? No Lebron isn't the better finisher and if he is it's by a small margin.

8. Which player do you want taking the shot with game on the line? CP3 got 0 votes.



The pattern here is MASSIVE Heat and Lakers bias.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 AM   #36
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,407
chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

I wouldn't focus so much on the percentages because they were just asked to simply pick, not how strongly they support their choices. So when 97% of them say the Lakers will win the Pacific, it doesn't mean they collectively believe the Clippers only have a 3% of actually winning. Several could have been on the fence and decided to go with the Lakers.. these aren't betting odds.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #37
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
I wouldn't focus so much on the percentages because they were just asked to simply pick, not how strongly they support their choices. So when 97% of them say the Lakers will win the Pacific, it doesn't mean they collectively believe the Clippers only have a 3% of actually winning. Several could have been on the fence and decided to go with the Lakers.. these aren't betting odds.

Oh I understand that's not odds but it's an unrealistic poll regardless in my personal opinion. I guess you're right it's not THAT bad like I made it sound but it's definitely not so good that we need like 4 threads cherry picking different things to boost the team. I mean Clippers won a few polls handily but I don't respect this poll enough to make a thread about it.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #38
magnax1
Not a mormon
 
magnax1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EvenifIwonI'dlose
Posts: 17,752
magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Quote:
1. Miami with a ridiculous 70 percent chance to win title. Favorites yes... this heavy hell no.
That really doesn't indicate how heavy of a favorite they are. Most of those guys might very well be giving it to them by a paper thin margin.
On a somewhat off topic note, I think people have been over estimating the Celtics. They added a couple pieces, but really KG and Pierce are another year older, and it's completely possible they haven't done enough to offset that.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #39
raprap
Local High School Star
 
raprap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,192
raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Durant is the best clutch shooter in the game, I think he makes about 60 percent of clutch shot he takes. legit confidence and talent.
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #40
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

I love all these "NBA GMs choose X player as the best at Y" threads.
Do people realize they are the same GMs that give max contracts to people like Rashard Lewis ?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #41
DCL
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,135
DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

this news will only instigated kobe to ball hog even more and take more ill advised shots in crunch time this season.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #42
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)
 
Yung D-Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jerry Sloan's Doghouse
Posts: 12,580
Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I'll start naming them off.

1. Miami with a ridiculous 70 percent chance to win title. Favorites yes... this heavy hell no.

2. Boston only 3 percent chance to win east Miami 97 percent? NO.

3. Clippers only 3 percent chance to win Pacific? Again hell no. Both Celtics and Clippers are MUCH closer to the Heat and Lakers than this poll would suggest.

4. Lebron James polling in at the 3rd best PF in the NBA? HELL NO.

5. Best defensive team Chicago by a huge margin. Not happening with Rose out all season and Asik gone. I think they will rank out of the 5 for sure.

6. Best passer is Rondo right now... yet he got 7 percent of vote, Nash got 58 and CP3 got 28.

7. Best finisher in the game is Griffin yet they have him with 10 percent and Lebron with about 70? No Lebron isn't the better finisher and if he is it's by a small margin.

8. Which player do you want taking the shot with game on the line? CP3 got 0 votes.



The pattern here is MASSIVE Heat and Lakers bias.

1. Miami is the heavy favorite. They're Not only coming back with their championship core, but also they improved their outside shooting to make it easier for Wade and Lebron to create.

2. Boston maybe 10%

3. No, the clippers have about a 5% chance of winning the Pacific and that's based on weather the Lakers have chemistry issues early in the season, which ends up negativelly affecting their record. In terms of a team, no the Clippers aren't close to the Lakers. They're not a contender. The Clippers are better than the above averge teams, and are in the same group as teams like Denver and Mempis. Great enough to get out the first round, not good enough to win the West.

4. Agreed

5. I'm not really sure if Chicago was ever really a better defensive team than Miami. I thought they were better at cutting of passing lanes, and limiting inside opportunities, but I always thought Miami was better at defending the perimeter, which is more important in a perimeter oriented league.

6. Well it's not like Nash's abilty to pass the ball has decreased, it's his speed that has declined which has affected his playmaking ability.

7. WHAT THE ****? Griffin is a better finisher than Lebron? I'd have Lebron, Healthy Wade, Healthy Rose, Healthy Westbrook and a couple others as better finishers than Griffin, especially in traffic. Ever since Wade declined, Lebron has been the best finisher in the leauge by far.

8. Probally should of gotten a higher percentage, because he's a great decision maker down the stretch.

Last edited by Yung D-Will : 10-23-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy