Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
nugsfreak
the real slim shady
 
nugsfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 361
Default Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

it now seems more than ever that Artest wants out of Sac and wants be to with a contender and the nuggets seem to be the main team vying for him.

so with that being said do you think Artest would be a good idea for the nuggets? I say yes and here is why.

I know we have the pieces to entice the kings to trade Artest to denver. The one thing everyone with a head on their shoulders knows the nuggets need to emprove on their defense and Artest would help do just that.with Artest on the Nuggets. I believe they become a strong force out west and will make them the legit contender. And last but not least AI will not be around forever and he agreed to be traded here because he saw us as a legit contender so why not fulfill that and get the piece this team desperately needs, a lock down defender.

I know we'll have to probably give up Kleiza but Melo will shawdo him as long as he's here in denver and i believe he should be a starter in the NBA.
nugsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugsfreak
it now seems more than ever that Artest wants out of Sac and wants be to with a contender and the nuggets seem to be the main team vying for him.

so with that being said do you think Artest would be a good idea for the nuggets? I say yes and here is why.

I know we have the pieces to entice the kings to trade Artest to denver. The one thing everyone with a head on their shoulders knows the nuggets need to emprove on their defense and Artest would help do just that.with Artest on the Nuggets. I believe they become a strong force out west and will make them the legit contender. And last but not least AI will not be around forever and he agreed to be traded here because he saw us as a legit contender so why not fulfill that and get the piece this team desperately needs, a lock down defender.

I know we'll have to probably give up Kleiza but Melo will shawdo him as long as he's here in denver and i believe he should be a starter in the NBA.

I disagree wholehartdly.. Kleiza is NOT ready to become a starter and don't want to give him up... He needs STABILITY with his shooting and work on his defense.
I believe he can be a starte at GUARD and he needs work on that. He also needs work on his shooting. When he is NOT hitting his 3's he seems to get lost and stops shooting alltogether. Needs to work on his jumber so he can be deadly from all over the court!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator
 
The Big Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: http://www.insidehoops.com/
Posts: 2,408
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

So would Artest be playing the 2 for the Nuggets?
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star
 
Geandily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

I'm up for it as long as we don't sell out our future to get Artest for a year or two..
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
I'm up for it as long as we don't sell out our future to get Artest for a year or two..


AMEN.. If we can get Ron Ron WITHOUT givinjg up Eduardo or Linas go for it!
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

Should Nuggets trade first-round pick for immediate help
Sunday, Feb 10, 2008 5:25 pm EST
It makes sense for the Denver Nuggets to trade their 2008 first-round pick for a player who can help them right now. The high-priced, star-studded team paying that pesky luxury tax is gunning to make a playoff run this season.

If they keep the pick, the player they draft probably won't help Denver for a couple of seasons. Denver can likely trade the pick for a backup point guard or a sturdy defender off the bench in other words, a player who can help them this spring, not spring 2010

DENVER POST
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 AM   #7
meloshow
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
meloshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

well ron ron would play sg and the lineup would look something like this:

Camby
K-Mart
Melo
Artest
AI

dont know about you guys but thats a scary scary lineup. Coaches will be afraid to put their stars on the floor as they would probably be in danger of getting beaten up. I say we still do it, even it its for Eduardo and Linas. Eduardo's contract runs out this year anyway and we have like no money and although i would love to keep Kleiza, if we are to add Ron Ron, dont think about it, just do it.
meloshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #8
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloshow
well ron ron would play sg and the lineup would look something like this:

Camby
K-Mart
Melo
Artest
AI

dont know about you guys but thats a scary scary lineup. Coaches will be afraid to put their stars on the floor as they would probably be in danger of getting beaten up. I say we still do it, even it its for Eduardo and Linas. Eduardo's contract runs out this year anyway and we have like no money and although i would love to keep Kleiza, if we are to add Ron Ron, dont think about it, just do it.

Eduardo has already come out and said he would take the same or less amount of money for some stability. And to me he's a keeper. Besides we can't lose any big men.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
Geandily
Local High School Star
 
Geandily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

With the way everybody has been playing this season I'm inclined to say that we don't make any moves, I mean, before I was all up for us trading J.R., but now hes scoring 28 points in 20 minutes! Not to mention he's stopped turning the ball over, he's better on defense, and has made some great passes the past few games.

Kleiza's production has been down but we've all seen what he can do, Eduardo just seems to make everyone play harder, I can't see us losing him. Nene has AMAZING potential and with Camby&K-Mart getting older we'll need a big PF/C like we have in Nene very soon.



I say no trades, at least with players involved.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

Well it looks like the Artest to Denver rumor is dead.... Now it is the Randolph to Denver is the latest rumor.. Those da#@ NY reporters start so much junk.. Don't they have enough stories with the Knicks and Nets..
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
paguy1955
High School Starter
 
paguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: aurora, CO
Posts: 843
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

All indications continue to point to the Denver Nuggets as the trade destination for Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest, but the Kings and Nuggets are at a stalemate of sorts in regard to trade talks and the likelihood is high that any trade won't happen until at least Wednesday.

The holdup remains third-year small forward Linas Kleiza, a player the Nuggets continue to attempt to hold on to in any deal for Artest. There remains a disagreement within the Nuggets' higher-ups whether Kleiza is valuable enough to lose for Artest, with coach George Karl believed to be reluctant to lose him and vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien motivated to acquire Artest.

Source: Sacramento Bee
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 253
Default Re: Artest a good idea for the nuggets?

I'm a Laker fan that lives in Sac. I really don't think Artest is a good idea, he plays great D but offensively he thinks he is much better than he actually is, he also has a tendency to hold on to the ball to long and takes way to many outside shots. He is also crazy and delusional he made a statement after Bibby got traded that he is committed to sac and wants to bring a Chip to Sac this year If he would stick to what he does best on the court than not a bad idea to obtain him, but he thinks he should be scoring 20-25 pts a game ,instead of taking his D to another level and completely dominating the defensive end.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy