Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Smoking nicotine increases brain power, boosts attention, motor skills...

http://dengulenegl.dk/English/Nicotine.html

^^If you non-smokers can't get through that whole article, there might be a good explanation- you need some nicotine. Numerous studies show that nicotine intake, even among non-smokers, increases work productivity, concentration levels, brain power, and several other brain-related things. I've known this for years as a smoker. Every time I was having trouble writing, or getting through a school assignment, I'd light up a cigarette. Gets me right back on track.

Since birth most of us have been told all the negatives about cigarettes, and there are quite a few. But the positives need to be shown. Smokers don't just smoke because they're addicted, cigarettes give people real benefits. Including fighting against Alzheimers and Dimensia. Look it up.

So now we've got electric cigarettes. I quit Newports for e-cigarettes, and I must say it's the best decision I've made in a while. But even still, despite not having any tobacco or carcinogens, we have people wanting to ban them from public places, treat them just like cigarettes. I truly believe a lot of this comes from a misunderstanding about nicotine...

People frequently see me smoking electric, and are like, "so when are you going to quit?" I say, never! Why should I? "The nicotine, it's gotta be bad for you still....." Ughhhh

I really hope you non-smokers can lighten up on this issue, because I'd love to bring my electric cigarette into work with me. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours would be 100x more manageable without dealing with nicotine withdrawal. Mmm

Should people be blowing big vapor clouds into your face while you're walking down the street? Hell no. But puffing away in the office corner, keeping it on the down low? Come on guys, work with me here..
    Last edited by joe; 03-22-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Default Re: Smoking nicotine increases brain power, boosts attention, motor skills...

what? a thread not about economy?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Smoking nicotine increases brain power, boosts attention, motor skills...

Pro smoking thread. Thats not right.
    Fck off with that shit. Cons outweigh pros by 12.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Pro smoking thread. Thats not right.
    Fck off with that shit. Cons outweigh pros by 12.
    1) Why isn't it right? Are we supposed to ignore the positives of something just because there's (supposedly, disputably) more negatives? People have been smoking tobacco for a lonnnnggg time. Open your mind like me. Open up your plans and damn you're free. Jason Mraz son.

2) What's your opinion on electric cigarettes? No tobacco, no carcinogens. There hasn't been a lot of research yet, not including some shady "studies" put on by tobacco companies, but I personally highly doubt they're very unhealthy, if at all. All that's in it is nicotine, some flavoring, etc. Within a week of vaping and having quit smoking I felt my lung capacity improve drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    what? a thread not about economy?
    It just got a little intense and negative for me there for a while. I became really engulfed in it and I just feel the need to step back for a bit. I still love the topic but I need some time to cleanse my brain and go back to being a little more carefree. HENCEEEE the picture <------

I weave subtext into my profile pictures, you guys don't even know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    http://dengulenegl.dk/English/Nicotine.html

^^If you non-smokers can't get through that whole article, there might be a good explanation- you need some nicotine. Numerous studies show that nicotine intake, even among non-smokers, increases work productivity, concentration levels, brain power, and several other brain-related things. I've known this for years as a smoker. Every time I was having trouble writing, or getting through a school assignment, I'd light up a cigarette. Gets me right back on track.

Since birth most of us have been told all the negatives about cigarettes, and there are quite a few. But the positives need to be shown. Smokers don't just smoke because they're addicted, cigarettes give people real benefits. Including fighting against Alzheimers and Dimensia. Look it up.

So now we've got electric cigarettes. I quit Newports for e-cigarettes, and I must say it's the best decision I've made in a while. But even still, despite not having any tobacco or carcinogens, we have people wanting to ban them from public places, treat them just like cigarettes. I truly believe a lot of this comes from a misunderstanding about nicotine...

People frequently see me smoking electric, and are like, "so when are you going to quit?" I say, never! Why should I? "The nicotine, it's gotta be bad for you still....." Ughhhh

I really hope you non-smokers can lighten up on this issue, because I'd love to bring my electric cigarette into work with me. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours would be 100x more manageable without dealing with nicotine withdrawal. Mmm

Should people be blowing big vapor clouds into your face while you're walking down the street? Hell no. But puffing away in the office corner, keeping it on the down low? Come on guys, work with me here..
    so does crack cocaine...

-Smak

2) What's your opinion on electric cigarettes? No tobacco, no carcinogens. There hasn't been a lot of research yet, not including some shady "studies" put on by tobacco companies, but I personally highly doubt they're very unhealthy, if at all. All that's in it is nicotine, some flavoring, etc. Within a week of vaping and having quit smoking I felt my lung capacity improve drastically.
    no offense bro, but nobody really cares about your intuitive opinion on this, we need some actual scientific study to be convinced.

everybody though smoking was healthy 50 years ago, but just based on intuition, like your opinion on these electronic cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    so does crack cocaine...

-Smak
    It was also found that nicotine use improves car driving, plane driving, long term memory, short term memory, allows the brain to focus for longer periods of time...

WHERE ARE THOU STUDIES THAT SHOW CRACK COCAINE DOES SUCH THINGS???

Come on Smak the frog, if you found out some vegetable did all of this you'd poo your little frog jacket

Why not just chew on nicotine gum then?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

1) Why isn't it right? Are we supposed to ignore the positives of something just because there's (supposedly, disputably) more negatives? People have been smoking tobacco for a lonnnnggg time. Open your mind like me. Open up your plans and damn you're free. Jason Mraz son.

Look my grandpa died because of smoking caused cancer. He lived though lung one but then got some throat (gullet) cancer which got him. Its too risky. I will never smoke in my life.

2. Im not really familiar with those. Some of my friends use it, but I cant comment. It might be the way tho. I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    no offense bro, but nobody really cares about your intuitive opinion on this, we need some actual scientific study to be convinced.

everybody though smoking was healthy 50 years ago, but just based on intuition, like your opinion on these electronic cigarettes.
    None taken, I completely agree. I'm not really basing what I'm saying on intuition, it's just a simple look at the ingredients list. The comparison to cigarettes seems natural but it's also kind of apples and oranges. From an e-cig site that I just googled for this purpose:

Our PG E-Liquids contain food grade Propylene Glycol, food grade flavoring, pharmaceutical grade nicotine, and water

Cigarettes have rat poison and tar and shit. It's just a totally different situation. If the distributors are being honest about their ingredients list, which wouldn't be hard to test for scientists in future studies, I really feel good and optimistic that there's not much if anything to worry about health wise with these things.

I find it funny, when I research the individual ingredients, from everything I can tell they're a very minimal health risk, if being a health risk at all whatsoever. But when I read studies I frequently find how e-cigarettes aren't a safe alternative, etc. Truth is a lot of these studies are biased and if you look at who's funding them... it's someone who has something to gain by producing the results they produced. But that doesn't mean they're wrong, so I agree that we should wait until more tests are done. I just hope "waiting until more tests" means that businesses ban them, not the law. Because if we get a law banning them from public places, that's not going away no matter what the studies say..

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    Why not just chew on nicotine gum then?
    According to these studies here, chewing nicotine gum did give you a boost over non-nicotine users but actually smoking it produced the highest results.

This is the stupidest thread ever. You think people smoke for no reason? Of course there are things it brings you. It also relaxes you, etc. It also causes like 7 billion diseases because breathing in smoke is pretty stupid.

The fact OP is using this to be pro smoking is beyond me.

Note: Electronic cigarretes could allow me to shoot light beams from my eyes and i'd not use them. It's like wearing a tshirt that says "i'm a douche, i have a flashlight in my mouth".

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Look my grandpa died because of smoking caused cancer. He lived though lung one but then got some throat (gullet) cancer which got him. Its too risky. I will never smoke in my life.

2. Im not really familiar with those. Some of my friends use it, but I cant comment. It might be the way tho. I dont know.
    Ahh, I'm really sorry to hear that. I didn't start smoking looking for any positive effects of nicotine, I just find it really cool that there are some. I think it's great to never smoke and I envy people who make that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    This is the stupidest thread ever. You think people smoke for no reason? Of course there are things it brings you. It also relaxes you, etc. It also causes like 7 billion diseases because breathing in smoke is pretty stupid.

The fact OP is using this to be pro smoking is beyond me.

Note: Electronic cigarretes could allow me to shoot light beams from my eyes and i'd not use them. It's like wearing a tshirt that says "i'm a douche, i have a flashlight in my mouth".
    I think the nicotine effects I listed in my post are pretty extraordinary and not something most people associate with nicotine- unlike relaxing. If the study simply found that cigarettes help people relax of course I wouldn't have posted it. But increasing brain power to a statistically significant degree, even among usual non-smokers? That's pretty damn cool.

Your post seems to exemplify how society has become so white-hot against smoking, to the point where it's kind of becoming overkill. Everyone knows that cigarettes are terrible for you, and they lead to a lot of deaths. But sadly nicotine has become bunched in with that, which is really not that harmful for you. And it's even somewhat questionable how bad tobacco truly is, if you were to remove all the chemical the cigarette companies use. Just some food for thought.

My electric cigarette doesn't light up by the way, so......