Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron has been working out with Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yet Bryant's whole game and persona is a copy
    ETHER.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    What are you stupid? LeBron has already improved his jump shoot vastly over the course of his career. He has a very good, if somewhat erratic jumpshot.
    good shooters dont shoot 60 % free throws. Sorry.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    yep this is RocketGreatness

and what about Dwight Howard? His post game was horrible before he worked out with Keem.
    I didn't say every player who has worked with Hakeem failed to improve, I am just saying there is no guarantee.

So lets see, Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor, and Dwight Howard have worked with Hakeem. Dwight Howard is the only player that has improved working out with Hakeem.

He's 1/3.... I don't count Kobe and Yao because they were already good post players before working out and talking with Hakeem. Dwight Howard is the only player that went from mediocre/average to great in the post after working with Hakeem.

Very good NBA starter

Kobe himself has said he imitates Jordan. Nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make Kobe any less of a player. It's just the way it is.
    Well, he really doesn't.Their games and style aren't really close. It's not the way it is at all. Deal with it.

Bricking Jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Kobe already had a very good post game before 2009-2010 so I don't get your point.

All Hakeem did was talk to Yao, iirc. He just helped him on the mental aspect. He didn't teach him many moves because of Yao's limited mobility and athleticism.

Both of you guys just gave me players that were already great post players before working with Hakeem.
    Yeah, very good isn't borderline unstoppable. Kobe was well on his way to an MVP type year prior to those injuries and it was partly due to an even better post-game and this was when his decline in athleticism was already in full swing. I'm not saying Olajuwon made him what he already was (the most skilled player in the league) only that I observed him being even better in the post. If you don't care to believe it, that's alright with me.

I do have to wonder though.. are you skeptical of Olajuwon's lessons or worried that Lebron might improve seeing as though you needed to make a thread telling everybody why Wade is better than him?

I don't why Lebron stans are jizzing their pants over this. Oh wow, a professional athlete is practicing the sport he plays for a living, how awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    good shooters dont shoot 60 % free throws. Sorry.
    Because a free throw is definitely a jump shot . LeBron shoots 75% on free throws anyways, which is nothing spectacular, but not bad either. I would say LeBron is an erratic FT shooter because he can be great at times (like when he made 32 in a row agains the Bulls) and terrible at others. Overall, he's solid, but you'd obviously like to see him get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Well, he really doesn't.Their games and style aren't really close. It's not the way it is at all. Deal with it.
    I don't think it's a bad thing, man. I think Kobe is smart to imitate the GOAT, because he has a similar skillset.

NBA lottery pick

Oh Oh Barea is in deep s*** now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I don't why Lebron stans are jizzing their pants over this. Oh wow, a professional athlete is practicing the sport he plays for a living, how awesome.
    How come LeBron fans aren't allowed to be excited over random things, but if Kobe dunks in the phillipines, we all have to respect him or we're "haters"? Illogical

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Kobe always had an excellent post game; long before meeting Hakeem. He just went to the post more often in the beginning of the 2009-2010 season because Pau was injured. After Pau came back, Kobe played mostly in the perimeter.

Kobe only had a 2 hour session with Hakeem to take a look at the dream shake; nothing more.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC602
    I do have to wonder though.. are you skeptical of Olajuwon's lessons or worried that Lebron might improve seeing as though you needed to make a thread telling everybody why Wade is better than him?
    All I said was there is no guarantee that Hakeem turns mediocre post players into great post players. That is the only point I am trying to make. He didn't make Josh Smith nor Emeka Okafor into great post players like he turned Dwight Howard into.

People also need to give Dwight Howard more credit himself for practicing on post moves. JVG said the same thing in one of the regular season games last season. He only worked with Hakeem for a few hours and maybe a few days yet nobody is giving Dwight Howard for working on his post moves but giving credit to Hakeem for teaching him instead.

It takes longer than a few hours and a few days to become a great post player...

Lebron will still needs to continue working on his post game even after his lessons with Hakeem. Few hours aren't going to turn you into a great post player.

How come LeBron fans aren't allowed to be excited over random things, but if Kobe dunks in the phillipines, we all have to respect him or we're "haters"? Illogical
    I didn't get very exited about that either. I said "oh that was kinda cool" or something along those lines.

Very good NBA starter

I don't think it's a bad thing, man. I think Kobe is smart to imitate the GOAT, because he has a similar skillset.
    It doesn't matter what you think. It's still a myth. They're games and style aren't really similar at all.

Good High School Starter

LeDream

Bricking Jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Pretty much.

All I said was there is no guarantee that Hakeem turns mediocre post players into great post players. That is the only point I am trying to make. He didn't make Josh Smith nor Emeka Okafor into great post players like he turned Dwight Howard into.

People also need to give Dwight Howard more credit himself for practicing on post moves. JVG said the same thing in one of the regular season games last season. He only worked with Hakeem for a few hours and maybe a few days yet nobody is giving Dwight Howard for working on his post moves but giving credit to Hakeem for teaching him instead.

It takes longer than a few hours and a few days to become a great post player...

Lebron will still needs to continue working on his post game even after his lessons with Hakeem. Few hours aren't going to turn you into a great post player.
    Excellent response, now we're on the same page. Obviously Howard utilized it beyond a few hours worth of lessons and deserves credit for it. Whether Lebron will... I guess we'll find out.