Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24249505152535455 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ric Bucher: It's not Miami

So 539483290534095349534 people are have been saying on ESPN, Newsday, etc, that LeBron to Miami is a done deal.

but Ric Bucher says it's not Miami? The same guy who falsely reported a Bosh trade to Miami then was like "JK!"?

It must be true!

I'm sick of all these writers bullshit. I'll just wait until tonight and see what the truth is, cause these guys are full of it.

Default Re: Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    If LeBron join the Heat picture this

The Heat are down by 1 with 10 seconds to go..Who gets the ball...
    I've been thinking about this for a while.

Honestly, I'd probably give it to LeBron and have him create for Wade. Have him run off a screen or something. If shit goes wrong, Bosh will there for the cleanup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    The biggest problem I have with the idea of LeBron staying with the Cavs is that he's going to Connecticut to announce it. Why do you fly to Connecticut from Cleveland to announce you're staying Cleveland? Doesn't make any sense.
    Probably to throw off the scent.

He knows it's next to NY, and he's been throwing out this MIA smokescreen.
    Watch him pick Chicago.

s/n: LOL I'm in West Palm Beach, FL (about an hour from Miami) and the WPTV news is running this little "Where's Lebron?" skit, LMFAO! Did anyone else see that?

Local High School Star

Default Re: Lebron joining Miami would speak volumes of his NONEXISTENT competitive edge

Yet another one.

The goal is to win. Playing alongside good players helps one's chances. It's because he's competitive that he would want to play alongside top talent. You think Jordan would have tried to play with a team of Dleaguers just to try to prove a point?

PS: Barkley teamed up with Drexler and Olajuwon after getting ousted from the playoffs by the Rockets twice. Might help to know wtf you're talking about before talking out of your ass.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Ric bucher's an idiot and hates Miami for some reason, so i wouldn't trust anything he says on the issue.
    It isn't just Bucher... Brian Windhorst, who has been a voice of reason during all of this madness, posted this about an hour ago...

Several GMs & prominent agents are defiant, insisting #LeBron will stay in CLE. They can't see the rationale of leaving $ and this process.
    http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    So it's not as obvious I'm assuming.
    I think it's more likely that he couldn't announce he's leaving in Cleveland. How could he do that? How do you tell everyone you're going to Miami from somewhere in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Isn't ESPN's HQ there though?
    LeBron made six teams come to him. No doubt he could have ESPN show up somewhere in Ohio.

Local High School Star

Default Re: poll: if Lebron goes to Miami, is his legacy somewhat tarnished?

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    you can't post false information like that.

kobe cared more about increasing his role on the lakers in 03 and 04 much more than he did about winning. stop revising history. kobe created a toxic environment in LA that drove shaq and phil away. kobe then spent the next three years getting his ass handed to him as he scored a lot and shot a lot but didn't even win a playoff series with odom/butler or up 3-1 against the suns.

then he came out crying to espn throwing his franchise and teammates under the bus. making fun of andrew bynum. begging for a trade. begging for the lakers to trade bynum for jason kidd....lucky for him the lakers told him to shut the **** up and calm down.

kobe didn't have to work for shit. he came into the league his first year and was surrounded by the best talent in the league and the best player immediately.

seriously......you are an idiot. enjoy the boards people....i'm out. i just can't take the kobe fans. they literally ruin every discussion. peace out kobe stans.
    kobe cared more about increasing his role on the lakers in 03 and 04 much more than he did about winning. stop revising history. kobe created a toxic environment in LA that drove shaq and phil away.

C'mon man and join us in 2010... please. Phil's back and D-Fish is too. And the toxicity is working out very well... Lakers just won back-to-back championships

kobe then spent the next three years getting his ass handed to him as he scored a lot and shot a lot but didn't even win a playoff series with odom/butler or up 3-1 against the suns.

Much like LeBron got his man-sac handed too him the last 2 years, even with All-Stars like Big Z, Mo, Jamison, and Shaq

then he came out crying to espn throwing his franchise and teammates under the bus. making fun of andrew bynum. begging for a trade. begging for the lakers to trade bynum for jason kidd....lucky for him the lakers told him to shut the **** up and calm down.

Yeah....sounds like a guy showing more passion for winning than than a diva who'd rather parade around and create a self-centered media storm. I mean, it's an easy decision that could/should have been made very quickly if winning was truly important

seriously......you are an idiot. enjoy the boards people....i'm out. i just can't take the kobe fans. they literally ruin every discussion. peace out kobe stans.

That's the 100th time that you made that promise since Kobe won ring number 5. U mad

Allow me to quote myself to sum it all up for you...

If you haven't noticed, there's an inferiority complex that kicks in when talking about LeBron (much like shrinkage). Taking irrational and cheap shots at Kobe is the only defense mechanism for coping with the obvious frustration. But it only conceals the deeply wounded ego for so long, so there's an incessant need to continue to perpetuate misguided logic which induces a semi-permanent effect of escaping reality.

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Probably to throw off the scent.

He knows it's next to NY, and he's been throwing out this MIA smokescreen.
    Watch him pick Chicago.

s/n: LOL I'm in West Palm Beach, FL (about an hour from Miami) and the WPTV news is running this little "Where's Lebron?" skit, LMFAO! Did anyone else see that?
    561 HELL YEAH REPRESENTin XD

Default Re: Any team that helps miami by taking on beasly needs to have their GM fired

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I don't get why it's taken this long to move Beasley. Why not send back an expiring contract and take the guy on for the year? If he improves? Great, you got him for nothing. If he doesn't? Just exercise the team option and cut him after next year.
    Because Riley wasnt going to move Beasley just to clear $5mil. He made that clear awhile back.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: poll: if Lebron goes to Miami, is his legacy somewhat tarnished?

No, LeBron is clearly better than Wade right now. Assuming he goes to MIA, he'll almost certainly be putting up the biggest stats and generally have the biggest impact on a game-to-game basis. Thus, if they win a chip he'll get the most credit and will have his Championship as "The Man".

National High School Star

Reason for skepticism: LBJ wd be 3rd-highest paid, it's Wade's town, brand unquestionably tarnished, still at least a yr away from title.

It seems like Bucher is talking to GMs that just think LeBron wouldn't leave the money. I don't think the money is that big of an issue. Bosh is clearly willing to leave some on the table.

Banned

Default Re: Lebron joining Miami would speak volumes of his NONEXISTENT competitive edge

Dude. Charles Barkley joined after playing 12 years in the NBA, he wasn't the same player anymore. Lebron, Wade and Bosh are in their peak years right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Braincells
    This is true. I think most NBA fans would rather see Lebron and Wade duke it out than join together -- it just makes for better basketball. If Lebron joins with Amare, we may see a renewed Heat-Knicks rivalry.
    I stopped reading responses after seeing this. That's exactly what fans other then the cavs want from LeBron. The rivalry will be perfect for the NBA, for the fans, & for LeBron himself. He isn't losing popularity by staying with the cavs, he's going to gain it for making an attempt to undo the bad management of the Knicks over the past years. What's better then the Celtics & Lakers rivalry then wade / bosh / heats vs amare / lebron & possibly melo in the near future rivalry.

Default Re: Any team that helps miami by taking on beasly needs to have their GM fired

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Because Riley wasnt going to move Beasley just to clear $5mil. He made that clear awhile back.
    If it comes down to getting LeBron or not, he'll give Beasley away.