Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
RickyPryor
Can barely lace up my sneakers

RickyPryor has an OK reputation so far
Default An Open Letter From Sammy D.

My fellow Americans, Canadians and Haitians… My name is Sam Dalembert and I need to set the record straight about something.

Recently, I generously offered my services to the Canadian National basketball team. The Olympics are around the corner and I thought what a nice gift it would be if I made it possible for 11 Canadian hoopsters to wear a medal (gold maybe??) and be celebrated high atop the world’s largest stage.

Plus, the Canadians have long been considered a basketball powerhouse and I wanted to be part of that rich history. (Not to mention, the only other team I was eligible for was the Haitian National team…and they aren’t so hot.)

Anyhoo. So I tell Leo Rautins I’m in. Let’s get busy.

Man, I had big plans for me. I mean I dreamt of sweet Steve Nash alley oops to yours truly. … Maybe even a no-look dish down low from time to time (you know how I’m always ready to receive THOSE bad boys!)

But when I show up to practice, I get no Sam Love at all. Nada. (That’s Canadian for ‘nothing’ I think). Not only is Leo not excited by my presence, he almost seems annoyed that I expect preferential treatment. I mean what the-? I’m an NBA PLAYER, DAMN IT! An actual, authentic, honest-to-goodness NBA player! I mean, how many Leo Rautins jerseys are they selling at Models, hmm? Where the hell is Steve Nash? Where is my butt kissing? Where’s the English language? I mean it’s like they’re in a foreign country up there!

Leo wants to know why I’m not playing good man ‘d’…why my outletting is sloppy…why I’m doggin’ it…why am I shooting from 17 feet…why don’t I box out… Blah blah blah. Hey Leo – ever watch an NBA game? I play like that all the time and still collect a cool million every month. (Even during the OFF season – what a sweet gig!) But worst of all? On Friday, when I go to the team’s administrative building, I’m told there’s no payroll office! Why? Apparently there’s no PAYROLL. I’m up there helping that town win a gold medal for NO MONEY! Have you ever heard of such crap?

Suffice to say I boarded the first flight back. So you see? Leo didn’t dump ME. I dumped HIM. And that’s the truth.

Who knows…maybe now that I’m back I’ll join the U.S. squad. They gotta pay a lot, right?

Anyway, thanks for reading. It feels good to get all that off my chest. But I’m also a little tired of typing…so I’m thinking it might be nap time. Ho hum…it’s not easy being an elite athlete.

Sincerely,

Sam Dalembert
Former Canadian Superstar
RickyPryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: An Open Letter From Sammy D.

got that from the onion or somewhere like that?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: