Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #151
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,086
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I listed Duhon and Payton, who aren't major scoring threats, and seeing as you put down Matt Barnes I don't think the roleplayers are beneath your notice. If 6 players is all you can come up with for a month (here talking about a 4 week period) you don't have much of a case at all. And 20 points on 19 shots vs. an 18 ppg scorer? That proves nothing. Or is a player now getting lit up whenever the man he's guarding goes 2 points over his scoring average? Not to mention that the 10-19 Deng shot is right on pace with his 54% shooting average. It was a normal game for him and yet you make a big deal out of it? Do you have a real argument here or are you just pulling out crap on the fly?

So AI guarded both Duhon and Ben Gordon? Explain that one. Duhon avg 8pts and scored 10. But he got lit up right? I dont know if you were aware but AI wasnt guarding Ben Gordon when he dropped his 31. It was Iggy & Green.

Your argument is weak. You gave me Duhon 10 and 12 and GP's 12 (like he isnt capable of scoring that anymore).

Keep trying. And you have the nerve to say "do you have a real argument". Hilarious.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #152
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,982
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So AI guarded both Duhon and Ben Gordon? Explain that one. Duhon avg 8pts and scored 10. But he got lit up right? I dont know if you were aware but AI wasnt guarding Ben Gordon when he dropped his 31. It was Iggy & Green.

Your argument is weak. You gave me Duhon 10 and 12 and GP's 12 (like he isnt capable of scoring that anymore).

Keep trying. And you have the nerve to say "do you have a real argument". Hilarious.
I listed both gordon and Duhon because I didn't see that game, so just wanted to show that, whoever he checked, he didn't do a good job. GP's 12 came on 5-6 shooting in a season where he's shooting 36% to average 6 points per game. He is, right now, 38 years old. Can he still get double figures? Sure...against Allen Iverson. Realize that Jim O'Brien told Iverson, to his face, that he is "the worst defensive point guard in NBA history." And no, Duhon should not be getting double-doubles.

"Do you have a real argument?"
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #153
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,086
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I listed both gordon and Duhon because I didn't see that game so just wanted to show that, whoever he checked, he didn't do a good job. GP's 12 came on 5-6 shooting in a season where he's shooting 36% to average 6 points per game. He is, right now, 38 years old. Can he still get double figures? Sure...against Allen Iverson. Realize that Jim O'Brien told Iverson, to his face, that he is "the worst defensive point guard in NBA history." And no, Duhon should not be getting double-doubles.

"Do you have a real argument?"

Ahhhh so there lies your argument. Taking what Jim O'brien said and running with it like Melo at the Garden.

Sorry but you have no right to ask a person if they have a real argument if you admit to not seeing the game. AI didnt even play the entire game, left because of back spasms in the third. If i ask you what did Duhon do vs him before then your reply would be? Here let me help you out "I dont know, i didnt watch the game and i dont keep tab on players stats. Your point?". You know the usual i talk out my ass, but I'll make a smartass remark at the end reply you do.

Look take the "stats" you looked up and shove them up your ass. Take Jim Obriens comments and shove them up your ass as well. I can find others who counter he isnt as horrible as Jim "I'm out of a job because of AI" Obrien has said. After you finish shoving that crap up your ass we address the issue.

How good are Melo and AI defensively. And the answer is not bad not great. Both are avg. You wanna give the "slightly above avg" to Melo? That makes you happy? Fine. But the defense from both is and will NEVER be something that is highlighted in thier careers because they are scorers first and formost. And that is what they will always be. They can add other things to the game but we know them as explosive scorers in the NBA, teams bread and butter. We dont sit and argue over something as petty as who is the better defensive player because the margin between the two isnt as far as Melo and Mardy was. Thats a reasonable assessment of both. Both do a good job playing the passing lanes to get easy buckets at the other end. This should end this silly argument over who is the better defensive player Melo or AI. I mean we gonna argue who sucks at FT more Shaq or Ben Wallace?

Nonsense. One thing that is good is Marcus Camby behind them and hopefully Nene Hilario can play next to Camby and add a defensive and rebounding prescence back there as well ala Ben/Sheed did for Detroit...which allows Melo, AI to gamble in pursuit of easy buckets via steals.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #154
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,982
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ahhhh so there lies your argument. Taking what Jim O'brien said and running with it like Melo at the Garden.
Actually, I listed a few things, which you may recall from prior posts...tossed that quote in just for effect.
Quote:
Sorry but you have no right to ask a person if they have a real argument if you admit to not seeing the game. AI didnt even play the entire game, left because of back spasms in the third. If i ask you what did Duhon do vs him before then your reply would be? Here let me help you out "I dont know, i didnt watch the game and i dont keep tab on players stats. Your point?". You know the usual i talk out my ass, but I'll make a smartass remark at the end reply you do.
So you've seen every Carmelo Anthony game where you claim he got lit up? Interesting. Iverson's unmentioned "injury" is also interesting. But he probably did leave early. That's the norm in a blowout. Thing is, Duhon had 10 assists before the 4th quarter.And by the way, you whining about someone trying to be a smartass is pretty funny.
Quote:
Look take the "stats" you looked up and shove them up your ass. Take Jim Obriens comments and shove them up your ass as well. I can find others who counter he isnt as horrible as Jim "I'm out of a job because of AI" Obrien has said. After you finish shoving that crap up your ass we address the issue.
1: Where have you heard O'Brien accuse Iverson of costing his job?
2: Why do you so badly want me to stick things up my ass? Before you ask, I don't have a webcam.
Quote:
How good are Melo and AI defensively. And the answer is not bad not great. Both are avg.
*Pulls Jim O'Brien quote out of unmentionable area.
Quote:
You wanna give the "slightly above avg" to Melo? That makes you happy? Fine.
Thank you.
Quote:
But the defense from both is and will NEVER be something that is highlighted in thier careers because they are scorers first and formost. And that is what they will always be. They can add other things to the game but we know them as explosive scorers in the NBA, teams bread and butter. We dont sit and argue over something as petty as who is the better defensive player because the margin between the two isnt as far as Melo and Mardy was. Thats a reasonable assessment of both. Both do a good job playing the passing lanes to get easy buckets at the other end. This should end this silly argument over who is the better defensive player Melo or AI. I mean we gonna argue who sucks at FT more Shaq or Ben Wallace?

The problem with this argument: We would never argue about who is a better player between Carmelo Anthony and Mardy Collins, period. There is no comparison between the two like there is between Antony and Iverson because Collins isn't at their level. When comparing players of closer value (like Iverson and Anthony) the lesser details of their game become important to the argument. That's how the distinction is made.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:51 AM   #155
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,086
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
So you've seen every Carmelo Anthony game where you claim he got lit up? Interesting.

Wash & Dallas game only. The rest nah. I'm sure you saw the Boston game tho.

Quote:
Iverson's unmentioned "injury" is also interesting. But he probably did leave early. That's the norm in a blowout. Thing is, Duhon had 10 assists before the 4th quarter.And by the way, you whining about someone trying to be a smartass is pretty funny.

I wasnt whining at all. Honestly. And yeah the injury was considered "suspect" by some. Anhother reasons among others to why AI & the franchise had a falling out. He was questioned did he really have back spasms or did he just mail it in. Ehhh, given the situation of getting blown out and the team lookin horrible. It appears that way. Bulls smacked the Sixers in the mouth bigtime that game.

Quote:
1: Where have you heard O'Brien accuse Iverson of costing his job?

I didnt, wasnt implying he did. But JB grew out of favor with a number of players including AI & Webber. Some went to the media and to Billy King personally venting thier dislike. Goodbye JB. Still getting paid tho so i'm sure he doesnt care.

Quote:
2: Why do you so badly want me to stick things up my ass? Before you ask, I don't have a webcam.

Heh heh, funny.

Quote:
The problem with this argument: We would never argue about who is a better player between Carmelo Anthony and Mardy Collins, period. There is no comparison between the two like there is between Antony and Iverson because Collins isn't at their level. When comparing players of closer value (like Iverson and Anthony) the lesser details of their game become important to the argument. That's how the distinction is made.

Eh, defense to me from either isnt worth arguing dispite it being done in this topic. Carmelo is having a better season than AI so if he were ranked ahead of him based on that? So be it. Before he slapped Mardy he was a top MVP canidate and he's also shown he does other things besides scoring as some here like to bag him about.


Better argument to end this weak one we had. Better scorer. Melo or Pierce.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:35 AM   #156
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,982
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Anthony. He's scoring more and doing it more efficiently. Could be in part due to having better teammates, but the statistics weigh heavily in Anthony's favor.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:40 PM   #157
mamba248
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 11
mamba248 has an OK reputation so far
Default

check out this blog of melo at http://www.pettproject.com/news_2006_12.html. funny stuff. they got sic tees too.
mamba248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #158
memrs
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
memrs has an OK reputation so far
Default Iverson in uniform, ready to play

here is the moment we've been waiting for:

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=1.1.1
memrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #159
A human being
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
A human being's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 21
A human being has an OK reputation so far
Default Ai.

So my favorite player (for almost 10 years now!) finally got traded. I'm glad AI got traded ... at least he has a better chance of winning a championship now compared to before. I really hope he gets a ring... he deserves one. He puts his heart out there on the floor every game.
A human being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:33 AM   #160
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,130
insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy