Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 04-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Hughes Remains With Clippers, Possible Return to Head Coach?

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers have brought back former interim coach Kim Hughes to work for the franchise a week after firing him, an NBA source told Yahoo! Sports.

The Clippers announced April 17 that Hughes was relieved of his duties as coach and that the franchise was beginning its search for a replacement. This week, the Clippers asked Hughes to return to help with the draft and take part in player development. Hughes was back working out players in the team’s practice facility Wednesday. He remains under contract through June 30, but has yet to sign a new deal.

I'm glad about this, really think Hughes was a big part in Kaman's improvement along with Brand as well and think he can really help Jordan and Griffin out as well.

Quote:
Though Dallas Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey and Charlotte Bobcats coach Larry Brown are considered to be atop the Clippers’ wish list, Hughes also was told he would receive some consideration for the job. The Clippers informed Hughes they’d like for him to remain with the franchise in some capacity, even if, as expected, he doesn’t get the coaching job.

Hughes took over as interim coach for Mike Dunleavy on Feb. 4 after serving seven seasons as an assistant. The Clippers went 8-25 under him.

I'm not sure how I feel about him returning as a head coach, but I'd prefer him over Casey.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Hughes Remains With Clippers, Possible Return to Head Coach?

Hughes as head coach- no. As assistant for player development- I can clip to that.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really hope that Hughes get his old job back or one somewhere else. I thinks its unfair for him to be out of a job just because the Clipps needed a scapegoat er.. a replacement.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
ClipperRevival
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ClipperRevival has an OK reputation so far

Byron Scott please.

What this team needs more than anything else is a great coach to put the talent together and let it mesh as a unit. We have talent. That is obvious. But talent only gets you so far. We need a coach who will demand the player's respect.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #5
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
Byron Scott please.

What this team needs more than anything else is a great coach to put the talent together and let it mesh as a unit. We have talent. That is obvious. But talent only gets you so far. We need a coach who will demand the player's respect.

You dont think that Byron and Baron would have issues?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
btheball

btheball has an OK reputation so far

The guy deserves another chance. The coach makes the team and the team makes the coach, but they have to work together.
btheball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by btheball
The guy deserves another chance. The coach makes the team and the team makes the coach, but they have to work together.

I agree, but I'm not sure he should assume the title until we figure out who we will get in free agency since I don't think most players would respect him as a head coach.

Like I've said, I'll be dissapointed if we let him go because he is a good big man coach and I believe he had a big part of Kaman's development and could really help Jordan & Griffin.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
ClipperRevival

ClipperRevival has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You dont think that Byron and Baron would have issues?

I don't like Davis at all. I think he holds us back. He's a freelancer. Half the time he helps us, the other half, he kills us with his bad decision making/shot selection. He's just one of those guys that won't win because of his style of play. So i would rather take a great coach like Byron Scott and let him build the team and if Davis has a problem, ship him.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Byron is another guy I won't mind. He did well with the Nets, taking them to consecutive championship appearances and I believe he could really help Eric Gordon grow. Paul Silas is another guy I wouldn't mind taking a look at.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:37 AM   #10
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
I don't like Davis at all. I think he holds us back. He's a freelancer. Half the time he helps us, the other half, he kills us with his bad decision making/shot selection. He's just one of those guys that won't win because of his style of play. So i would rather take a great coach like Byron Scott and let him build the team and if Davis has a problem, ship him.

My feeling are identical to yours.. I dislike Davis and would like for him to get traded. I dont think the Clippers will ever progress until hes off the team. I hate to see the team doing so well and then out of no where Baron starts launching ill-advised 3's, which are often times wild shots.

If Davis was off the team or not an issue.. then I would be in favor of Scott. He could really push the Clippers into a forward position. I worry however about his rigid dictating ways.. but who knows maybe he gets through to them..
Old 06-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Clippers need an identity. And I also agree with all the hate on Baron bc I really think he is not helping this team. That's why a tough hard-nosed coach who commands respect is needed to mold the youth. Baron is doing nothing for the Clippers youngsters. Scott sounds nice, even Avery would be a nice addition. Maybe try to help Baron control his game and be a point guard.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
RondoClipsFan

RondoClipsFan has an OK reputation so far

I agree with everyone here. Byron Scott and Avery sounds nice. I would add Rudy T as well if he's itching to coach again.
RondoClipsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #13
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
The Clippers need an identity. And I also agree with all the hate on Baron bc I really think he is not helping this team. That's why a tough hard-nosed coach who commands respect is needed to mold the youth. Baron is doing nothing for the Clippers youngsters. Scott sounds nice, even Avery would be a nice addition. Maybe try to help Baron control his game and be a point guard.

I actually love Baron. I feel with a healthy Blake, we will see more from Baron. He was probably so frustrated with Kaman missing point blank layups every other possession after feeding him a nice dime, I know I'd feel the same too. The game is gonna be alot easier and more fun for Baron with Blake running next to him. I dont think Baron has ever had an athletic big to run with him ever in his career since UCLA with Jerome Moiso so this should be fun.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I actually love Baron. I feel with a healthy Blake, we will see more from Baron. He was probably so frustrated with Kaman missing point blank layups every other possession after feeding him a nice dime, I know I'd feel the same too. The game is gonna be alot easier and more fun for Baron with Blake running next to him. I dont think Baron has ever had an athletic big to run with him ever in his career since UCLA with Jerome Moiso so this should be fun.

thats the problem with baron though, he gives up too easily.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #15
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
thats the problem with baron though, he gives up too easily.
FTW.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: