Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubio

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah, but this is something that happens in all sports all around the world. Players get bought out, want to be traded, or want to get show cased more so they can sign a good extension. Even though they sign contracts there are ways out and the players try to use them. Sports are a business.
    I know there are ways out. pay the 4.7million euro clause that ricky.ricky's parents,ricky's lawyers or anybody else in his posse that signed it! I am with Joventud in this one.

NBA lottery pick

This is what was in the rumors today:

Spanish teenager Ricky Rubio, projected as a top-five pick in the NBA draft, took the first step in clearing his way toward the NBA on Monday when he notified his team, DKV Joventut, that he wants to terminate his contract. Rubio is asking out of his deal, and also is challenging a 4.75 million Euro (approximately $6.6 million) buyout, which climbs to 5.75 million Euros after June 30. Rubio made 70,000 Euros last season (about $97,000) and is scheduled to make 125,000 Euros next season (about $175,000).

Rubio hasn't filed a lawsuit. Instead, he has asked for arbitration to settle the dispute. A source said that Rubio has retained a highly regarded labor law firm in Barcelona to represent him. If the dispute cannot be settled, a civil legal action would be next for Rubio.

The source told ESPN.com that Spanish law allows an athlete to terminate his contract with a team and then pay an indemnity (or buyout) to his team. Both Spanish law and FIBA regulations allow for Rubio to get his letter of clearance to play in the NBA before the amount of the indemnity amount is determined.

If an arbitrator agrees with Rubio and lowers the buyout, Rubio would likely be headed to the NBA next season. If the arbitrator rules that Rubio's indemnity payment to the Joventut is reasonable, it may convince Rubio to stay in Spain another year.ESPN.com
    That's a crazy amount of money for a buyout when someone isn't making that much to begin with. My best guess is they find a cheaper way out.

incredible...if you sign a document you have to do all like appear in it.to earn more not problem...but now he want the liberty free....young but not silly...

This is what was in the rumors today:

That's a crazy amount of money for a buyout when someone isn't making that much to begin with. My best guess is they find a cheaper way out.
    If its a crazy amount why did they sign?? You can't just sign thinking oh it's a crazy clause they will change it.If you sign it you you stick to it. He wants to go,he has to pay or the NBA has to pay for his services. In football you get the likes of Messi when he was on a lot less money than now with 180 million euro clauses,they are meant to be ridiculous so that no team dares sign him,and if the player signs it he knows that he is going to have to see out his contract,if he doesnt want to see out his contract he shouldnt have signed it.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not here to say whether it's right or wrong. I am just saying we see situations like this in sports and typically the player gets out of the contract. Why did he sign you ask.... what other choice did he have? Was he offered all kinds of other contracts? You have to admit that is a bad deal.

I'm not here to say whether it's right or wrong. I am just saying we see situations like this in sports and typically the player gets out of the contract. Why did he sign you ask.... what other choice did he have? Was he offered all kinds of other contracts? You have to admit that is a bad deal.
    of coz he had choices.like going to other teams

NBA lottery pick

With worse contracts more than likely. Plus I'm sure he wanted to play for a place that when he tried to cash his checks they didn't bounce.

It's in the best interest of the team to get this deal done as well.

If Ricky is forced to return, he could simply go into tank mode.

With worse contracts more than likely. Plus I'm sure he wanted to play for a place that when he tried to cash his checks they didn't bounce.
    worse deals? bouncy cheques? what are you on about? He would get better deal in barcelona than any nba team and I assure you they wouldn't bounce!
    he wouldnt even have to move!

Very strong possibility that Ricky will play for Unicaja this season and he next,with the great coach that played him at 14 in Badalona,Aito Garcia Reneses. This would be great for him as he would continue his progress before making the move to the NBA.Plus he wouldn't have to play for his own stats ,he will actually be playing to win competitions.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

I don't see Ricky Rubio fitting in the nba. You have to play where you're wanted and he's more wanted in Spain than the nba. It's a major disadvantage with the give/get ratio of fouls for international players in the nba. I saw the Kings/Warriors game and someone like Casspi doesn't get a call for him on either end of floors as other guys get bailed out six or seven times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    I don't see Ricky Rubio fitting in the nba. You have to play where you're wanted and he's more wanted in Spain than the nba. It's a major disadvantage with the give/get ratio of fouls for international players in the nba. I saw the Kings/Warriors game and someone like Casspi doesn't get a call for him on either end of floors as other guys get bailed out six or seven times a game.
    I only wish Ricky Rubio saw it that way and never left europe,but that is not going to happen. In Spain Barca,Madrid and Unicaja all interested.I don't think he will play in Badalona as they need the money.

Saw a basketball once

Ricky Rubio for my money will be over in the NBA next year. It's his goal to play there so I think in the end it will be too much too pass up. He will most likely not be back with Badolana there is too much bad blood there but I could see him playing for another ACB team. Check out more here: http://euroleagueadventures.com/wher...io-be-playing/

-Slam

NBA lottery pick

Everything I've heard is his old club is in need of the buyout money. Here's what was in the rumors today.

[QUOTE]The Wolves, by NBA rules, can pay only $500,000 of a buyout that could cost as much as $6.6 million. But with European teams everywhere suffering financially from the global economic downturn

robertshaw_1
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

great player