Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Default Re: 17-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
I agree with previous posters, Jeff Foster needs to be on the floor in some way. On Sunday in Golden State Jeff did not play at all (Pacers lost game). Today against Golden State in Indy, Jeff played had 6 pts, 12 rebs, and 4 dimes. Those stats came in a Pacers win as well. Jeff does too many good things to be sitting on the bench. That's not an indictment on Jim O'Brien or anybody else on the coaching staff, I just feel Jeff is that good.

foster is probably my fave pacer player. he's a player that brings it every night and gets all the dirty work done. he seems to be on the total opposite end in terms of character than most of the other team.

i think they're starting murphy over jeff for the offensive reasons. murphy helps to thin out the defense down low as he usually hangs out at the 3pt line the entire game. this would help out o'neal if he'd actually rebound more.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
ReggieMiller31
I airball my layups

Jeff's never averaged over 25 minutes a game. If this makes sense, he's TOO high energy of a player to play 30+ minutes a night, he'd break down. 20-25 minutes on a nightly basis is the best option for him.
ReggieMiller31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #18
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMiller31
Jeff's never averaged over 25 minutes a game. If this makes sense, he's TOO high energy of a player to play 30+ minutes a night, he'd break down. 20-25 minutes on a nightly basis is the best option for him.

never thought of that. good point.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMiller31

That is a good point indeed, but I am not saying play Foster 40 minutes a night. Last Sunday in Oakland, Foster sat on the bench for the whole game. Jeff is too good a player to be receiving DNPs-Coaches Decision. Murphy is one hell of a player, but Foster helps even things out defensively. That is one area where the Pacers have struggled. I personally like the small ball lineup with Jeff at center. That is just my opinion feel free to agree or disagree.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #20
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
That is a good point indeed, but I am not saying play Foster 40 minutes a night. Last Sunday in Oakland, Foster sat on the bench for the whole game. Jeff is too good a player to be receiving DNPs-Coaches Decision. Murphy is one hell of a player, but Foster helps even things out defensively. That is one area where the Pacers have struggled. I personally like the small ball lineup with Jeff at center. That is just my opinion feel free to agree or disagree.

i think foster's game helps out more in the end than murphy's.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #21
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Murphy is one hell of a player

Where are YOU from?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: