Default Back down the defender really fawkin hard?

stupid question but is it legal to back down your defender while posting up hard as ***? like i mean if some skinny dude is guarding me can i freight train them backwards and they fall down? lol

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Back down the defender really fawkin hard?

umm i guess in streetball u could. even tho it be kind of a dick move to be honest. Organized ball your probably gonna get a charge

Quote Originally Posted by C_lake2802
    umm i guess in streetball u could. even tho it be kind of a dick move to be honest. Organized ball your probably gonna get a charge
    This.

To avoid being an ass/getting a charge, I generally spin off people in the post. If they stay with you, it means they will bite for your shot fake too. Send them to the sky and score.

Not if you are just backing up with your rump you can back em underneath the rim or til they fall down til your hearts content... but as soon as you start putting your shoulder into em that's an offensive foul. Watch Kobe post, he does it the right way and never gets called for an offensive foul and nobody even bothers flopping cus they know they won't get the call. Watch Howard post, he does it the wrong way and gets called for it sometimes.

NBA Superstar

When faced with someone attempting the super power backdown, I'd recommend pulling the chair a time or two (i.e. stepping away when they blast in looking for contact). If nothing else, it may cause your opponent to back down with a little more care: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9COZcS_v0c