Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: IGN gives NBA 2k12 a 9.5 Rating

Who cares what some "professional" reviewer says about a game. They play them for 1 hour at the absolute most not to mention companies give them perks for good reviews.
    Player reviews are the only ones that matter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time4YourMind
    Lol what happened to the NBA Live/"Elite" franchise? are they even releasing a game for this year?
    EA Sports backed out and "folded" the franchise. They just can't compete with 2K in basketball game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    EA Sports backed out and "folded" the franchise. They just can't compete with 2K in basketball game right now.
    EA is planning to have their NBA game (whatever name they decide to put to it) in 2012. It still will be 2k's reign though. No matter how hard EA works, it won't be easy to re-gain a market they gave up once. → link

I f*cking hate that next week I'm going to be out of the country

Timing wise pre-order is not important. Does anyone knows if there's any other advantage to preorder (special editions)?

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    EA is planning to have their NBA game (whatever name they decide to put to it) in 2012. It still will be 2k's reign though. No matter how hard EA works, it won't be easy to re-gain a market they gave up once. → link

Timing wise pre-order is not important. Does anyone knows if there's any other advantage to preorder (special editions)?
    Not 2012, maybe the year after. They said this year it will take a few years. Next year is not a few years.

NBA Superstar

You may already know, but the first shipments will have three different cover options (Magic, Larry, or Michael). Further, they will come with the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Not 2012, maybe the year after. They said this year it will take a few years. Next year is not a few years.
    From all I've read, EA is planning for fall 2012. The link I provided says it will take a few years before it competes with 2k.

"We’re focused on building a great game for next year (...)"
    (Peter Moore, EA COO). source

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    You may already know, but the first shipments will have three different cover options (Magic, Larry, or Michael). Further, they will come with the '91 Warriors and '02 Kings.
    Nope, thanks for the info. I had completely given up on preordering, might reconsider

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

From all I've read, EA is planning for fall 2012. The link I provided says it will take a few years before it competes with 2k.

(Peter Moore, EA COO). source

Nope, thanks for the info. I had completely given up on preordering, might reconsider
    Nope. I linked an article from a few weeks ago in the OTC section.

http://technology.gather.com/viewArt...81474980170229

"The franchise apparently needs a few more seasons on the injured list, as EA's chief operating officer Peter Moore announced that there likely won't be a new basketball sim from the company until 2013 or 2014."

We'll be lucky if that's even true. I think EA just doesn't have it in them to admit defeat. They will probably keep promising and hiding. Last year they were supposed to release Elite... and backed down because the demo got ripped to shreds. Then they promised this year they would return strong and didn't even show. Trust me dude.. Live/Elite has been KO'd.

Right now they are trying their best to recover assets by feeding off our nostalgia and releasing NBA Jam games.

But is it as good as Mario Galaxy 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

"The franchise apparently needs a few more seasons on the injured list, as EA's chief operating officer Peter Moore announced that there likely won't be a new basketball sim from the company until 2013 or 2014."

We'll be lucky if that's even true. I think EA just doesn't have it in them to admit defeat. They will probably keep promising and hiding. Last year they were supposed to release Elite... and backed down because the demo got ripped to shreds. Then they promised this year they would return strong and didn't even show. Trust me dude.. Live/Elite has been KO'd.

Right now they are trying their best to recover assets by feeding off our nostalgia and releasing NBA Jam games.
    EA cops alot of flack (usually deserved) but they're doing a great thing here. By not just releasing a game they're showing they do actually care. They could just throw out some halfassed product and still sell units but they're willing to take the time to make something good....... hopefully.

National High School Star

Default Re: NEW NBA 2K12 Commercial

Not buying the game now because of Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Interesting. Both articles quote the same interview.

Simply put: your link refers to this link in kotaku, which at the same time puts this interview as source. And in that interview, Peter Moore says there will be a NBA game coming in 2012 from EA. I don't even care if EA is coming back or not, but it was fun tracking the sources. My conclussion, the dude that wrote the article you linked to (for which I don't blame you), didn't even check his sources and/or seriously lacks reading skills.

And you are right, EA got knocked out in NBA games. They have so many other succesfull titles you would think they should just give it up. But those NBA licenses which they still hold are way too expensive to just leave them unused. But again, regaining the lost market won't be easy (which is exactly what the articles are saying anyway).
    Last edited by artificial; 10-01-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Definitely see why people would be confused. I think EA is contradicting themselves and blowing smoke. They need to bow out gracefully.

i need to pre-order 2k

Decent playground baller The Judge's Avatar

I'm picking it up for sure, but I'm going to wait a couple weeks. I bought 2K11 on release day at full price ($59.99) and a week later it was on sale everywhere for $39.99,

Decent playground baller The Judge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    EA cops alot of flack (usually deserved) but they're doing a great thing here. By not just releasing a game they're showing they do actually care. They could just throw out some halfassed product and still sell units but they're willing to take the time to make something good....... hopefully.
    Not really. They always throw out a half-assed product and move units with Madden every year. If they had the NBA license exclusively the way they have the NFL licence, they would definitely just release a new edition every year with nothing more than roster updates, just like Madden. But 2K is so far ahead of anything they could do that they're just not going to try.